Ultimate space simulation software

Yusuf
Observer
Observer

Unusual weather

20 Jun 2018 06:19

I have a question, do not you think it's too hot for this time of year?

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Unusual weather

20 Jun 2018 06:36

Yusuf wrote:
I have a question, do not you think it's too hot for this time of year?

Are you talking to me? Because if you are then YES! but it has been cloudy but now it's sunny again. :D
I'm good when it comes to Physics, Algebra, Relativity, Space, and SpaceEngine. But I could still use a LOT of help on the things I still don't know. So I hope I get a lot of help on how all that works, here!

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author

Unusual weather

21 Jun 2018 04:20

Hot?  It's 13:00, partly cloudy, 11C here.  The heatwave is definitely gone.  But the forecast said 7C and rain, so can't complain.
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Unusual weather

21 Jun 2018 07:11

midtskogen wrote:
Hot?  It's 13:00, partly cloudy, 11C here.  The heatwave is definitely gone.  But the forecast said 7C and rain, so can't complain.

It's hot for me! Even though it's cloudy and it's raining it's somehow still been hot hot HOT!
I'm good when it comes to Physics, Algebra, Relativity, Space, and SpaceEngine. But I could still use a LOT of help on the things I still don't know. So I hope I get a lot of help on how all that works, here!

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Unusual weather

12 Jul 2018 04:51

I just saw a bright display of noctilucent clouds!  My first time seeing them, which was also while kayaking, on a glowing tide of bioluminescence.  Simply magic.

I didn't have the DSLR but did get some shots with the phone right before the battery died.  Hopefully they turn out half-decent. 

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author

Unusual weather

12 Jul 2018 13:40

Please post whatever you have.

There have been some reports of noctilucent clouds over Northern Europe this summer, but I haven't seen any myself yet.  Some summers they are frequent, other summers they are not.
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author

Unusual weather

12 Jul 2018 13:55

A fairly close strike today.
x.jpg
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Unusual weather

12 Jul 2018 16:23

Just transferred images from phone and they were quite bad.  But at least it captured it.  To help reduce noise somewhat I blended the last 5 shots taken in quick succession before the battery died:

These were taken at 3:50am, while sunrise was at 5:20am.  When I first noticed it I thought it was aurora, then thought "wait a minute, I have never seen aurora with this intense color."  Electric blue, quite bright and illuminated everything like a false dawn.  The clouds continued to spread out from the north-northeast and rose up to maybe 20° elevation before fading in the growing twilight.  Really spectacular.

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author

Unusual weather

12 Jul 2018 23:35

Cool.  Looks like the real thing.  July 2014 had some serious horizon-to-horizon activity several nights over here and I recorded this:

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder
Topic Author

Unusual weather

13 Jul 2018 13:49

I was in the Rondane mountains last week, and it was just blue skies and hot.  Which is quite unusual weather, I've never experienced anything like it in that region.  This was the view from Storronden, 2138 masl.
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Stellarator
Explorer
Explorer

Unusual weather

03 Aug 2018 17:10

California had a very rare phenomena called a fire whirl (or you can call them by their numerous other names, including "firenados") in the town called Redding, as the Carr wildfire created its own weather system by causing a strong hot updraft that mixed with the pyrocumulus eddies - creating a spinning fiery monstrosity that uprooted trees and destroyed 500 buildings as winds ripped through the town at 143mph. 38,000 people were evacuated beforehand from the town and surrounding regions. A fire fighter died and three more were injured combating it. As of writing this 6 other people have been reported dead. A few others are reported missing. The fire is still raging and spreading across the countryside.

These fires just keep getting worse every year.
Futurum Fusionem