Ultimate space simulation software

 
Q_5EB
Observer
Observer
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Jun 2021

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 03:27

wow  :D
 
User avatar
Canleskis
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 67
Joined: 08 Oct 2016

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 03:54

Marud wrote:
longname had a poll and zero users voted for fuel.
longname wrote:

I think that is pretty much enough for conclusions. Also I had numerous talks to players, none of them were using ships because they are literally uncontrolable. And also uncollidable and undestructable. That is not some opinion, that is a fact.
And still you saying your word for the developers. I don't know who let you do that. I wasn't asking you, ok? Yoyou have to accept it.

The poll literally says "Which feature are you most hyped for?", for which 20 users voted. This is not representative of the entire playerbase. Also, if I had seen that poll at the time, I'd probably have voted for clouds, because I think it will have a bigger impact on the software than fuel obviously! But I'm still looking forward to having fuel with ships.

Again, you say that ships are uncontrollable when that's far from the truth. There are plenty of things you can do pretty easily with ships, but you shouldn't expect Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen type of gameplay, because that's not what the game is trying to be.

I'm not talking for anyone other than myself. I answered you because you said something absurd that I didn't agree with, I still have the right to voice my opinion, as you have the right to.

Here is a poll that contradicts what you said by the way: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248
People do use ship when they know what they're doing.
 
User avatar
longname
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 290
Joined: 13 Apr 2017
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 04:26

Marud wrote:
Source of the post longname had a poll and zero users voted for fuel.

It was a small sample size, what part of that are you struggling so hard to comprehend?

Marud wrote:
Source of the post Also I had numerous talks to players, none of them were using ships because they are literally uncontrolable. And also uncollidable and undestructable.

They are 'literally uncontrollable' because you and your friends have 0 clue about orbital mechanics. It's a YOU problem, mate. It's a YOU problem, and not one on SpaceEngine's side.

Marud wrote:
Source of the post That is not some opinion, that is a fact.
And still you saying your word for the developers. I don't know who let you do that. I wasn't asking you, ok? Yoyou have to accept it.

That is not a fact, it's an opinion. And you have to accept that it would be nice if ships were improved upon.

Marud wrote:
Source of the post Having read the rest of your haitful text I see that would be nice.

You're one to talk about others being hateful.

Canleskis wrote:
Source of the post but you can't just come here and post to alienate a part of the playerbase, however small it may be, or discredit an incoming feature because you're not interested in it.

I just want to emphasize this. This. No-one cares about how much you dislike ships, Marud, because there are people who do care about ships.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]
 
Marud
Observer
Observer
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Jul 2021

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 07:17

Just amazing! This is exactly why I wasn't trying to register before. Because toxicity. I often seen it here, but this time my curiosity became stronger than my fears and I did register here and this happened right away. I asked one simple fan question, what is the new big goal for SE, and I did not get any answer, I only got attacked by 2 trolls blaming all the shi on me for this and that, teaching me what to say and what to think. Amazing story which I will tell in my blog. You know what? I'm outta here. Not going to to participate in yet another toxic community where crazy fans speak their word for developers. Moderator (if any exists here), please delete me. I will deal with no answer to my question. I was only asking developers, not those.
 
User avatar
Canleskis
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 67
Joined: 08 Oct 2016

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 07:32

Marud wrote:
Just amazing! This is exactly why I wasn't trying to register before. Because toxicity. I often seen it here, but this time my curiosity became stronger than my fears and I did register here and this happened right away. I asked one simple fan question, what is the new big goal for SE, and I did not get any answer, I only got attacked by 2 trolls blaming all the shi on me for this and that, teaching me what to say and what to think. Amazing story which I will tell in my blog. You know what? I'm outta here. Not going to to participate in yet another toxic community where crazy fans speak their word for developers. Moderator (if any exists here), please delete me. I will deal with no answer to my question. I was only asking developers, not those.

The only reason you are feeling attacked is because you attacked the work being done and part of the playerbase. You can blame us for being defensive, but you need to understand that posting out of nowhere with a negative stance like you did will not yield positive results.
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1555
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 09:43

Please refrain to ignite heated discussions by carefully choosing your words, which is not what I've seen here, and I'm referring to all users involved. This should be clear enough from what's written in Forum Rules.
If you want to continue this discussion, which indeed quickly escalated in off-topic, please do it privately.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1555
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 10:16

That said, Marud, from what I know developers are deciding on what to introduce/expand next these days, I'm sure they will answer to your heartfelt request.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |
 
User avatar
Khorrah
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Posts: 117
Joined: 11 Nov 2019
Location: Earth

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 12:10

Marud wrote:
Just amazing! This is exactly why I wasn't trying to register before. Because toxicity. I often seen it here, but this time my curiosity became stronger than my fears and I did register here and this happened right away. I asked one simple fan question, what is the new big goal for SE, and I did not get any answer, I only got attacked by 2 trolls blaming all the shi on me for this and that, teaching me what to say and what to think. Amazing story which I will tell in my blog. You know what? I'm outta here. Not going to to participate in yet another toxic community where crazy fans speak their word for developers. Moderator (if any exists here), please delete me. I will deal with no answer to my question. I was only asking developers, not those.

The next big step could be fuels or 3d clouds/water, or maybe even volumetric accretion disks, I don't know, but something is about to come, for now, you need to be patient, you can also stay tune in the space engines news page and see what´s on his plans.

And besides you basically behaved like a spoiled 5-year-old brat who demanded a response from the developers when they barely have time to get into the forum, and since they do not respond to you and others answered that despite not being the developers but they kinda know about the subject that it could come after the rings in 3d you came out with rudeness and almost told them to shut up, it is clearly a maybe not so toxic attitude but a very sensitive one, you could at least not have underestimated the work of the ships that have been doing for several years saying that no one wants the fuel update but let's try to understand you, if you are in a hurry, I suggest you then just wait and that´s all, you incidentally threaten to publish a negative post about Space Engine on your blog because the answers against you, it is not Like you post something and the next day they answer you, here you have lots of players who greatly appreciate Vladimir's effort and how the simulator has a big progress, In reddit, maybe you will have a little more luck. You have to take things in peace and leave the drama, is not that hard.
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥
 
User avatar
longname
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 290
Joined: 13 Apr 2017
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Work progress 0.991

23 Jul 2021 14:10

Marud wrote:
Source of the post I was only asking developers, not those.

On a public forum... Look, besides that, we are not to blame for what happened. You feel attacked because you're having your actions handed back to you. You're welcome to join the forums some other day when you feel a little less like starting something.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]
 
User avatar
ettore_bilbo
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 200
Joined: 11 Nov 2016
Location: Italy

Work progress 0.991

24 Jul 2021 07:50

Marud wrote:
Source of the post longname had a poll and zero users voted for fuel.
longname wrote:
That was my poll, mate.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=641&p=34058&hilit=volumetric#p34058

I think that is pretty much enough for conclusions. Also I had numerous talks to players, none of them were using ships because they are literally uncontrolable. And also uncollidable and undestructable.



Wow a 20 users poll over a few thousand of players: this really closes the conversation :-D
For example, I'd like to see ships improvements, and fuel it's one of them... it's not true that current ships are uncontrollable, simply SE it's not Elite dangerous!
 
A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect
Posts: 3081
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

Work progress 0.991

24 Jul 2021 07:52

ettore_bilbo wrote:
Marud wrote:
Source of the post longname had a poll and zero users voted for fuel.
longname wrote:
That was my poll, mate.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=641&p=34058&hilit=volumetric#p34058

I think that is pretty much enough for conclusions. Also I had numerous talks to players, none of them were using ships because they are literally uncontrolable. And also uncollidable and undestructable.



Wow a 20 users poll over a few thousand of players: this really closes the conversation :-D
For example, I'd like to see ships improvements, and fuel it's one of them... it's not true that current ships are uncontrollable, simply SE it's not Elite dangerous!

I just started with the ships and I love them- the lighting and cockpits are very realistic.  Maybe there will be a specialized version of SE that is just for ships and we can call it  SE: Deadly ;)
 
User avatar
ettore_bilbo
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 200
Joined: 11 Nov 2016
Location: Italy

Work progress 0.991

24 Jul 2021 08:08

out of curiosity I tried the beta 0.991 and I noticed that the probability of finding marine terras dropped dramatically in favor of superterras... is this the final version of the generation algorithm or can I hope in something not so drastic? :-D
 
User avatar
Julian
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 238
Joined: 17 Dec 2016
Location: Bellevue, Washington, USA

Work progress 0.991

08 Aug 2021 12:25

Black holes look a lot more interesting from the inside when the new geographic grids are turned on.
Image
 
A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect
Posts: 3081
Joined: 06 Mar 2017

Work progress 0.991

08 Aug 2021 15:51

wow and Kerr black holes will look even more intriguing
 
User avatar
DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1332
Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Location: SpaceX Mars Colony
Contact:

Work progress 0.991

08 Aug 2021 19:39

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post wow and Kerr black holes will look even more intriguing

Still being worked on but more around the Kerr update and the volumetric update should be coming soon-ish, as in couple months given the complexity of the problem maybe longer.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 24GB
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests