Ultimate space simulation software

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

Totally off-topic thread

18 Nov 2017 09:10

[youtube]5n9xafjynJA[/youtube]

Guess I should by one before the nuclear holocaust
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Totally off-topic thread

18 Nov 2017 16:18

I want one of them roadsters, so beautiful 
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

Totally off-topic thread

18 Nov 2017 16:42

DoctorOfSpace, we have the rest of the Trump Presidency to go before they start making it. You might not be around by then  :P
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

Speedademon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Totally off-topic thread

19 Nov 2017 06:05

Lately Ive been thoroughly engrossed watching these extremely realistic physics simulations of car crashes. No one was harmed in the making of these videos except a few car manufactures' safety ratings. I hope to see Space Engine match these landscape renderings some day soon too.
[youtube]yIFlQu8o1sQ[/youtube]
I want to see similar collision simulations happening on spacecrafts in SE.
Hi I like fraid chikin

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Totally off-topic thread

19 Nov 2017 13:17

Lately Ive been thoroughly engrossed watching these extremely realistic physics simulations of car crashes. No one was harmed in the making of these videos except a few car manufactures' safety ratings. I hope to see Space Engine match these landscape renderings some day soon too.
If BeamNG wan't considered a meme game, it would show all its power!
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Totally off-topic thread

20 Nov 2017 08:21

If BeamNG wan't considered a meme game, it would show all its power!
BeamNG is considered a meme game? Didn't know that some people made it into a meme. Or maybe you are just joking about its physics being added for spacecrafts in SE. :P It would be cool as any other collision stuff in games. Maybe suggest it in suggestions thread? But it won't happen anytime soon as we all know. Or there is already some similar suggestion.
Anyway, BeamNG is great game with the best physics you will find for cars!
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

Mouthwash
Explorer
Explorer

Totally off-topic thread

21 Nov 2017 05:08

Random question: how impressive is it if you've read and comprehended Principia Mathematica by age 21?

JamesCrave
Observer
Observer

Totally off-topic thread

23 Nov 2017 01:45

I like to get my inspiration from really meaningful phrases said by truly great people like “I can control my passions and emotions if I can understand their nature”, do you know where I can find thematic compiltaions of those?

nope

Gnargenox
World Builder
World Builder

Totally off-topic thread

24 Nov 2017 13:38

I wonder what anti-matter's shelf life is? Does it decay at the same rate as normal matter? Is the reason the universe is asymmetrical is because it all fused into Dark Matter? I guess only Math knows.
Antimatter shelf life.jpg
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core processor 4GHz / GPU: GeForce GT 730 @ 1920x1080, 60Hz with 1GB adapter RAM / RAM: Patriot Signature 4GB 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 (only 2GB work, don't buy it) / Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming MS-7693

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Totally off-topic thread

24 Nov 2017 17:11

wonder what anti-matter's shelf life is? Does it decay at the same rate as normal matter?
As far as anyone can tell it is exactly the same as normal matter. It is still unknown if normal matter will ever decay anyway, plausible but unknown.
Is the reason the universe is asymmetrical is because it all fused into Dark Matter?
Don't think that is how it works, and if it is I have never heard anything about it.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G

Mr. Missed Her
Astronaut
Astronaut

Totally off-topic thread

28 Nov 2017 13:36

I wonder what anti-matter's shelf life is? Does it decay at the same rate as normal matter? Is the reason the universe is asymmetrical is because it all fused into Dark Matter? I guess only Math knows.
The antimatter's shelf life as well as the shelf's life would be around a few microseconds. I'd need some Math to figure out the precise number.
Space is very spacious.

Banana
Astronaut
Astronaut

Totally off-topic thread

30 Nov 2017 19:22

The antimatter's shelf life as well as the shelf's life would be around a few microseconds
Took me a minute to get that!  :)
Bananas are eggcellent.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Totally off-topic thread

30 Nov 2017 21:23

I wonder what anti-matter's shelf life is? Does it decay at the same rate as normal matter?
Theoretically an antimatter particle should have the same decay timescale as its matter particle partner.  For example, a positron is the antiparticle of an electron, which as far as we know never decays.  In practice, its shelf life depends on the container -- on how well you can confine it and prevent it from annihilating with matter.
Is the reason the universe is asymmetrical is because it all fused into Dark Matter?
No.  The annihilation of matter and antimatter shortly after the Big Bang is responsible for releasing an enormous amount of energy in the form of photons, which made the universe radiation dominated.  If instead all the antimatter somehow converted to dark matter, then this source of energy would have been removed -- sequestered in the dark matter.  The universe would have evolved very differently.  It would have skipped the radiation-dominated phase and gone directly to matter-dominated.

We can also be very sure that matter-antimatter annihilation does not produce dark matter, at least at the energies probed in particle accelerator experiments.  If dark matter was being created, and if we are unable to detect those dark matter particles directly, then the creation of dark matter would appear as a violation of conservation laws, as the dark matter particles sneak away some of the energy and momentum from the collision.

The reason the universe has an asymmetry between matter and antimatter is thought to instead be a result of small violations of conservation laws in the generation of matter and antimatter (e.g. out of vacuum fields [pair production], or by the decay of other particles), after the Big Bang.  If there is a very slight difference in the amount of antimatter vs. matter generated, then a great deal of annihilation will still occur, but leave behind some amount of matter that we observe today.  (Or for all we know it was the antimatter that won out and we are antimatter creatures calling matter antimatter -- the physics works out the same).

Maybe some of the annihilation does generate dark matter particles.  But the standard model of particle physics makes no predictions for how that would occur, and as of yet there is no consensus model for precisely why this asymmetry should occur.  This is one of the significant unsolved problems in physics. :)

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

Totally off-topic thread

05 Dec 2017 22:31

This product spam needs to stop on this forum!

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Totally off-topic thread

05 Dec 2017 22:51