[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Talk to me about SE as a community - Space Engine

Free planetarium

Anthro_Danielle
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Talk to me about SE as a community

19 Sep 2017 02:57

Hi guys! Danielle the space & new media anthropologist here to pick your brains about space, SE, and how you use it! If we haven't met yet, I'm a researcher exploring the use of social and new media for various projects in the space industry and in its networks and publics, and Space Engine is one case I'm really interested in.
I wanted to run a new question by you as part of my ongoing online research - if you have any thoughts or opinions I would love to hear them:

How would you describe the SE community? Do you think that there is one? Do you know each other and interact here or elsewhere (ie., other platforms, sites, games, irl)? Do you think many users do?
Do the people here change the way you use, experience, feel about SE, how much you learn? What works well about the social scene/community that you have here? What, in your opinion, would make for a stronger community?

To everyone who's taken the time to answer my questions, and share your knowledge and experiences with me so far - I really appreciate this opportunity to learn with you - Thank you! If you're interested in getting more involved in my research (online chat/email/skype/etc. interviews), or have any suggestions for how I can best learn about and contribute to the SE community, hit me up! More details on my research can be found And original introductory thread is

Salvo
Explorer
Explorer

20 Sep 2017 07:17

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

20 Sep 2017 12:45

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Anthro_Danielle
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

21 Sep 2017 05:01

Salvo
Explorer
Explorer

21 Sep 2017 05:35

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder

21 Sep 2017 22:51

Anthro_Danielle
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

22 Sep 2017 02:04