Ultimate space simulation software

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:02

[quote="the photo guy"][quote="ThatNovaScotian"][url=http://www.imagebam.com/image/8b7d73906663164][img]http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/b3/88/22/8b7d73906663164.jpg[/img][/url] 

Hey everyone, brand spanking new to Space Engine. I'm about 2-3 days old into this game/simulator and I am absolutely loving it. Spent most of my time so far mucking about in our solar system, and have some epic adventures planned in the near future. Heres a screen shot I took on a journey to Mars with Phobos trying to photobomb me [/quote]
Nice! welcome to the forums and to SE! We hope you have a great time here! good luck on your adventures! :D [/quote]

Thank you. This simulator is absolutely amazing. I was told about it by someone in a Kik Astronomy Chat group im in. And I already am obsessed. This is EXACTLY the simulator/game ive been hoping would be made.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:12

ThatNovaScotian wrote:
the photo guy wrote:
ThatNovaScotian wrote:

Hey everyone, brand spanking new to Space Engine. I'm about 2-3 days old into this game/simulator and I am absolutely loving it. Spent most of my time so far mucking about in our solar system, and have some epic adventures planned in the near future. Heres a screen shot I took on a journey to Mars with Phobos trying to photobomb me 

Nice! welcome to the forums and to SE! We hope you have a great time here! good luck on your adventures! :D 

Thank you. This simulator is absolutely amazing. I was told about it by someone in a Kik Astronomy Chat group im in. And I already am obsessed. This is EXACTLY the simulator/game ive been hoping would be made.

If you want to quote you don't need to type it :P. on the top right of each message there is a little green ( " ) symbol, click that and then you can type and quote. 

I first stumbled on this simulator in one of Obsibanants videos of Space Engine. Me being into astronomy myself I wanted it as soon as possible. the thing that was crazy to me at first was the fact that its mostly made by just one guy and its completely free! I've been using SE for a good full year now and I say I've become pretty experienced with it. My name comes from my love to make photo art using SE. (you can go to my profile and check some of them out if you want) Remember if you have any questions we are all here to help ya out. and again, make yourself at home here and have a fun time with SE. I look forward to seeing more of your shots :D
HI! I would like to say that I'm just a friendly teen who loves talking and helping people out :) Space engine is truly a wonderful program and the website is also very cool! Many great people here. I hope to make some good friends here.

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:20

Thank you! I have been into astronomy and all things relating to the universe since I was a kid watching the Shuttle launches. How do I post a large screen like in the previous posts here? 
Mine came out small but theres ones here where its huge. How do I do that? 

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:33

ThatNovaScotian wrote:
Thank you! I have been into astronomy and all things relating to the universe since I was a kid watching the Shuttle launches. How do I post a large screen like in the previous posts here? 
Mine came out small but theres ones here where its huge. How do I do that?

well... it USED to be as easy as addfiles>place inline>submit but I guess the file size things is kind of broken -_-. at least for me. 

so here's what to do: 1. take a screenshot and upload it to imagur or some other website. 
2. open the picture in a direct link! not the website link. EX: http://img05.deviantart.net/1e2d/i/2003/52/6/c/space.jpg (not my picture, just an example)
3. on the top box where your typing your message, there are a bunch of word format options like B I U and ect. on that panel move you mouse to the red youtube one at the end of the panel and move you mouse slowly to the right counting to 9 as you pass each option. you should then be on a little blue part with a picture of a mountain or something. click that and then paste the direct link in there and click Insert. 

that should do it! :D 

Edit: if its still small then it might be because of the resolution. is it 1920x1080?
HI! I would like to say that I'm just a friendly teen who loves talking and helping people out :) Space engine is truly a wonderful program and the website is also very cool! Many great people here. I hope to make some good friends here.

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:42

Actually I think that's what it is haha. I think I made it smaller to use it for a profile pic. I'll try again once I get some more exploring in. Thanks for the help 

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 14:43

ThatNovaScotian wrote:
Actually I think that's what it is haha. I think I made it smaller to use it for a profile pic. I'll try again once I get some more exploring in. Thanks for the help 

anytime! :)

Aborygen
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

28 Jun 2018 15:39

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

29 Jun 2018 20:21

^ very nice!!!!

Mr. Abner
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 10:54

Sometimes the lighting just works.

scr01130.jpg

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 18:42

[quote="Mr. Abner"]Sometimes the lighting just works.[/quote]

Whoa! That is amazing!

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 18:50

June 30th marks International Asteroid Day, so lets celebrate those wonderful rocks that exist out there in the vastness of space.

[img]https://imgur.com/Bq4yUDN[/img]

ThatNovaScotian
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 18:54

[img]https://imageshack.com/a/img923/9658/zJSnrz.png[/img]

Happy International Asteroid Day. 

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 20:02

ThatNovaScotian wrote:

Interplanetary, rather. :D
I'm good when it comes to Physics, Algebra, Relativity, Space, and SpaceEngine. But I could still use a LOT of help on the things I still don't know. So I hope I get a lot of help on how all that works, here!

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 22:12

ThatNovaScotian wrote:

Woah! that's a cool one!

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

30 Jun 2018 22:58