Ultimate space simulation software

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

24 Aug 2017 17:16

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
the photo guy, oversize program posted on the old forum a long time ago.  Don't know if it was ever posted here, resolution was my mistake when setting it should have been 4k.

well, again it's only 10 pixels so I have no problem calling it a 4K image. I've tried online resizers before but so far they've just made a slightly more blurry image that SAYS it 4K but it clearly isn't considering how fuzzy things have become :roll:
But clearly the program you used worked really good! so much detail in that image! I would appreciate a link if you can provide one :D
thank you!
I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

kipster
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Image Dump

27 Aug 2017 05:57

saturday trip:
ImageImageImageImage
"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

27 Aug 2017 06:05

kipster wrote:
saturday trip:
ImageImageImageImage

Really enjoy that 4th and last one. Nicely done. :)
I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

Aborygen
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 04:38

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 04:50

Aborygen wrote:

i don't even know what to say..... but wherever the words are, they are very positive ones!

Aborygen
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 05:44

the photo guy wrote:
i don't even know what to say..... but wherever the words are, they are very positive ones!

Thank you :)

Aborygen
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 06:29

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 08:12

So, I was little bit messing around with the eclipse and I came with this spot and found it interesting. Nothing is edited.

scr00079.jpg
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

Aborygen
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 09:17

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 12:50

Aborygen wrote:

This is unreal. I just don't know how you make these. And what kind of hardware you have to have to make these photos.
What kind of mods you are using, if you are using any? Those ships are fantastic! And do you use some cloud mods, or you change values in files? Again, so beautiful! Would be great if you share. :)
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 18:38

Marko S. wrote:
Aborygen wrote:

This is unreal. I just don't know how you make these. And what kind of hardware you have to have to make these photos.
What kind of mods you are using, if you are using any? Those ships are fantastic! And do you use some cloud mods, or you change values in files? Again, so beautiful! Would be great if you share. :)

Yeah, come on... share the details.
;)

Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 18:56

A few more from me. (For the record, all of my screenshots are pure S.E. 0.9.8.0. If the image is edited, it is only to remove some artifacts (black lines) from my old Intel graphics card, or the blue ship orbit lines if I forget to turn the HUD off. I will play with the exposure settings and thermal shift, though. But when it comes to the ships — I'll edit the textures and the engine effects.)

Now, on to the show...

scr00652.png
Checking out the shepherds.

scr00800.png
Another type of diamond ring.

scr01010.png
Launch the shuttle.

scr01024.png
Twin suns. Gotta love it.

scr01161.png
"Low" orbit — less than one ship-length above the terrain. :)

scr01163.png
Was doing about Mach 11.

Sadly, the flight came to a sudden and tragic end just minutes after the last shot when I smacked into the side of a mountain that wouldn't get out of the way. (I hear the Canadians in the lighthouse on that mountain are still laughing...)

Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 19:04

kipster wrote:
saturday trip:
ImageImageImageImage

Yes, nice stuff.
But I gotta ask — for everybody — what is the fascination with lens flares? Firstly, they are a flaw in the lenses; and secondly, the human eye does not produce any lens flares. I've always thought a simulator was supposed to simulate being there, not simulate watching someone else film it, or a movie of the event. Is it just me?
-Alex

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 19:23

Mr. Abner wrote:
Source of the post Yes, nice stuff.But I gotta ask — for everybody — what is the fascination with lens flares? Firstly, they are a flaw in the lenses; and secondly, the human eye does not produce any lens flares. I've always thought a simulator was supposed to simulate being there, not simulate watching someone else film it, or a movie of the event. Is it just me?-Alex

Lens flares are used to make the picture either more detailed, or just make it better of course. but you can turn lens flares off by opening SE and moving you curser to the bottom left and pressing the gear. from there just find lens flares and turn them off. in the 0.9.8.1 V of SE color, saturation, exposure ect. are added. as well as camera path. so SE can also be used for images and videos. that's also where lens flares come.
and just for good measure lens flares make things look prettier.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2017 19:25

Mr. Abner wrote:
Source of the post A few more from me.

Another type of diamond ring/twin suns. gatta love it. are both my favorite out of those. great work Mr. Abner!  :D