Ultimate space simulation software

zhar22
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Custom Planets/Moon

21 May 2018 13:24

I have been crafting a set of worlds for a worldbuilding/fiction setting, the world here is my main planet and I've been crafting it to be as detailed and accurate as possible in all ways. due to limitations in some applications, I use to convert my exported crafted data from WB I cannot stitch all the output tiles into an image bigger than 65536 x 32768 pixels. if I could create bigger images that won't freak out specific apps or just use my exported tileset (equirectangular not cube projection) straight into SE I could display my world with a resolution of 100m per pixel but in any case here it is in the current version of SE (Can't wait to see it in the upcoming version).

I hope you enjoy the landforms since this is a terraformed world that is only around 1.6 billion years old its plate tectonics are just starting and there are some features based on Archean crust dynamics.
Attachments
val5.PNG
val4.PNG
val3.PNG
val2.PNG
val1.PNG

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Custom Planets/Moon

21 May 2018 16:26

or just use my exported tileset (equirectangular not cube projection) straight into SE
You can stitch tiles together into a single equirectangular RAW image using the CubeMap tool, then use it again to convert in into cubemap.

zhar22
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

Custom Planets/Moon

21 May 2018 17:32

or just use my exported tileset (equirectangular not cube projection) straight into SE
You can stitch tiles together into a single equirectangular RAW image using the CubeMap tool, then use it again to convert in into cubemap.
Wow Yes now i see the glue utility, I will use it now that I know!, i'll export my data to its highest resolution once I sort a few defects I found today on some islands and volcanos.