Ultimate space simulation software

nsgallup
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space engine: Expedition to Lacaille 8760

29 Nov 2017 23:39

A short roleplayish exploration mission I did for the closest terra type planet to the solar system in game.

For full album ^^^

Construction of the interstellar exploration ship is completed, one of the first with ftl drives. The ship is equipped with an suite of scientific instruments and sensors, and a number of automated drones with imaging equipment and equipment for remote data collection.

Early FTL exploration vessels like this one were only capable low warp factors (due to poor exotic mass collection) producing only slightly faster then light travel and for limited distances as real space velocity needed to be much higher to compensate leading to large fuel consumption. The journey through interstellar space takes about 7.5 years.

Planet 5 of the system, an imposing super-jovian. Weighing in at 6 times the mass of Jupiter the planet is the first stop of the mission and will be used to assist braking. On approach the planet is observed to have 2 notable moons.

The rest of the full mission is in the imgur post!.. I am too lazy to convert everything here and can't figure out if it is possible to embed the imgur album here, so here are some highlight pics. For the full experience go to the imgur album linked at the beginning. 
► Show Spoiler

Destructor1701
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Nov 2017 21:15

That was a fun read. It made me imagine what a real voyage like this might be like. I hope humanity can reach this level of technology.

Good job on the restraint - no life, just an interesting alien system.

nsgallup
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

01 Dec 2017 16:00

It was the closest terra type planet to the solar system, so I thought it would be interesting to think about a discovery mission to such a place.

Arturo100
Explorer
Explorer

11 Mar 2019 01:00

Hmm, pretty nice and good.
With the amount of bizarre creatures on Earth, I doubt aliens would look like humans with skull deformations or skin conditions.