Ultimate space simulation software

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

The Photodetective game

26 Apr 2017 09:36

Hello guys!

Old fourm had the photodetective game thread. i decided create a thread because people enjoy/fun

The first person what think screenshot. If goes correct then he/she can post their own screenshot then wait for other people to answer and if goes incorrect/wrong then try again.

Don't use custom planets/systems/stars addons. Lens flare,shaders and palettes addons is just fine and also don't use questions like "Where is this planet" or "What group of stars am I look at"

Lets start what you think what is this screenshot

Last edited by Betelgeuze on 26 Apr 2017 10:26, edited 3 times in total.

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

26 Apr 2017 09:45

It's your Jupiter Moon addon. Just an FYI, addons should not be allowed. If we're starting this photodetective game back up again, it shouldn't be questions like "Where is this planet" or "What group of stars am I looking at." It should be stuff like how was the picture made. I pass if I got it right
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

The Photodetective game

26 Apr 2017 09:50

It's your Jupiter Moon addon. Just an FYI, addons should not be allowed. If we're starting this photodetective game back up again, it shouldn't be questions like "Where is this planet" or "What group of stars am I looking at." It should be stuff like how was the picture made. I pass if I got it right
Oh I changed a screenshot and added message "addons is not allowed now" & questions to OP.

The screenshot is just a procedural system

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

The Photodetective game

26 Apr 2017 17:11

It is a desert planet shorted very clouded orbit around a binary system ?
► Information

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 01:45

Desert planet & very clouded is correct and binary system is incorrect.

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 01:51

Triple system ?

It is the default flare ? Because I see 5 "bands horizontal" so 5 stars in the center of the system, seems to me a lot.
► Information

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 02:11

Triple system ?

It is the default flare ? Because I see 5 "bands horizontal" so 5 stars in the center of the system, seems to me a lot.
Incorrect neither binary system nor triple system. Also lens flare is from my addon

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 02:20

Triple system ?

Incorrect neither binary system nor triple system. Also lens flare is from my addon
What addons because I see just Minecraft lens flare.

So it is just a single star/system ?
► Information

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 02:25

Triple system ?

What addons because I see just Minecraft lens flare.

So it is just a single star/system ?
Correct it's single star also new lens flare will be put on my thread Betelgeuze's Mods & Addons soon! Update: it's done I put lens flare Check my addon thread!

Visit HIP 97757 6 if you want see like that screenshot on OP

You can see screenshot it's a single star not binary/triple

Your turn!

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

27 Apr 2017 03:41

Betelgeuze,OK.
The same question even if it was not given before : I want the type (planet, moon, stars,...) and class of the object as well as the type of system (simple, binary, ...). Of course the system is procedural.
Photodetective_game_Quarior_1.jpg
► Information

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

01 May 2017 07:54

Mmm what is the problem ? It is the same question of Betelgeuze, and people stop to play ?
The first time, I pass my turn if is continued.
► Information

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

12 May 2017 17:08

Since nobody has answered yet, I'll take the lead. WTF is happening here!?
scr00236.jpg
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

The Photodetective game

13 May 2017 01:58

That is quite uncanny. :)

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

13 May 2017 16:22

Any guesses?

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

The Photodetective game

16 May 2017 04:20

Hornblower, it is a very zoom of a planet which is in this point of view behind the red dwarf. The planet is very distant because we notice that the red dwarf does not emit light on it so it is assumed that it is a binary system.

So the solution of the previous challenge :
RS 610325-1353-8-11843549-186 2 (2017_04_27 05_58_29.18) with GUI (Photodetective_game_Quarior_1).jpg
It is a Terra planet (temperate with life) around a double red dwarf, I was not complicated.
► Information