Free planetarium

Canleskis
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Intergalactic trip in preparation

15 Mar 2017 13:01

Hello!

I am currently preparing myself to do an intergalactic trip between two planets. For this trip, I chose to use some really great orbits mechanics SpaceEngine has with black hole. 

Long story short, I'm gonna use a black hole to slingshot myself (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK51d1n80Uc ) to another galaxy and use the black hole of this target galaxy to brake. For this, I need two planets, the starting one and the target one. That's where you come in, you're choosing these planets

No conditions are really needed except that they have to be terras and have similar conditions to Earth (around 0.3 and 4 atm, 0.5 and 2g) because it would too difficult otherwise. I would greatly appreciate that the starting terra is orbiting a gas giant so I can use it to slingshot to the local black hole and that the target one has a gas giant in its system.

If you wish to you can give me some extras challenges and I will judge whether or not it is possible. 
I also plan to do it this coming week-end so I hope that my candidates will be chosen asap :lol:

N0B0DY
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

21 Mar 2017 11:52

Nice! The problem is that, for example in my case, I can not suggest a starting and target system since my SE installation is so heavily modded due to hundreds of add-ons so any system I choose will not match your SE universe since the procedural numbering will be different. This is the main reason why challenges have stopped in these new forums since everyone's universe is different.

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

21 Mar 2017 12:00

N0B0DY wrote:
Source of the post I can not suggest a starting and target system since my SE installation is so heavily modded due to hundreds of add-ons so any system I choose will not match your SE universe since the procedural numbering will be different

This is the same reason I have not suggested anything as well, also my SE version number doesn't match :(

I do look forward to seeing this when it is done though
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Canleskis
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

21 Mar 2017 13:34

Well if that's the case for most of the people on the forum, I guess I'll pick some of my best planets then or some great finds posted here or on Reddit. 
I hope I'll get enough time to do it this week-end, though I doubt this will be possible I'll give some news about it soon. 

The Potato
Astronaut
Astronaut

10 Jun 2017 13:11

My SE installation is almost completely untouched, other then a failed attempt at creating the Nemesis star system from Nemesis by Isaac Asimov. I assume these Terras have to be only a Few light-years out of the galactic centers of the two galaxies being chosen?

Here's My Itinerary, You leave a star system with a Terra by slingshooting around it's host star directly to Sgr A* when you get to Sgr A* (after a few years of course) you conduct a maneuver to slingshot you in the general direction of the Large Magellanic Cloud's central Black hole, while on this many millennia long you conduct several course corrections to make sure you sling around the LMC's central black hole slowing you down and curving you trajectory enough to point you in the direction of the second Terra, Before you get to the second Terra you conduct another slingshot maneuver around a neighboring star to slow you down enough to enter the Seconds Terra's system with a reasonable speed, You could also ,as you are entering the system, conduct and Aerobraking maneuver around a gas-giant in the Terra's system to slow you down enough to get you into an orbit intersecting the the Terra's Orbit.      
"Always enable filename extensions."
-Me