Ultimate space simulation software

beyondsight
Observer
Observer

Dream Game Concept

11 Oct 2017 12:24

Pretty thorough write-up, T Man. I agree with no combat. Equipment failures and space/environmental hazards would provide plenty of tension. Less button mashing, too, so easier on the joints. Maybe in a way later version of SE there could be lava tube/cave system exploration too.

I'm not sure how crew management would work, though. I'm assuming they'd be premade. But...would they talk to each other, or at least about each other? Would the player be their absolute respected commander by default or have to gain their respect? I think the video game Divinity: Dragon Commander could be looked at for inspiration. Each crew member had arcs the player could guide them on and could ask for their thoughts on things and other crew members. They could be sent to do things and depending on what's happened to them or whom they were teamed up with different results could occur. Some of them were really surprising/unexpected and it all had consequence.

That'd be a ton of work, though, and some players wouldn't want to deal with that, so there could be a simple crew management option.

BillyHagen
Observer
Observer

Dream Game Concept

06 Nov 2017 03:43

The idea of creating such a game is pretty interesting, thanks for sharing! I am sure that many players will be waiting for a new game release. 

Macjim
Observer
Observer

Dream Game Concept

28 Dec 2017 19:20

Non combat is a great idea.   I would invest time in this proposed game.

ajitesh007
Observer
Observer

Dream Game Concept

22 Apr 2021 16:43

He there, new user to this game, any scope where we will be having any kind of economy based game play like eve online and character movement in the near future

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Dream Game Concept

17 May 2021 03:32

Hi everyone,

I also dream of that kind of game set up in Space engine universe.

Exploration, ship and crew management, ressource stalking... but i don't understand why you should skip the combat part of the game, even if you don't like this gameplay, which is your entire  right.
I mean for example , i don't like mining, but i wouldn't see it absent from a great game with a litlle bit of economy. Same for Combat.

To go even further into combat, i'd like to see something mixed in action and strategy, with part of automation of the ships process, maybe with something close of what we can see and u-boat style games. Slow-paced combat, at least for capital ship combat of course, cause it would be a fail to forget epic dogfigts in FPS.

I 've played space games since the first one on Nintendo there's 30 years ago. From those to Eve Online, Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen...  but Space Engine is the only true revolution i've seen so far. I wish Devs to meet genius and ambitious people that would help him building what Space Engine deserves.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Dream Game Concept

25 Jun 2021 07:59

Not many people would be interested in just colonizing and exploring space and to those people, even the most well built game can become quite boring very soon.
Kerbal Space Program is one of the best space sims ever and it has 0 combat. Just saying. This dream game needs more depth, combat would only serve as filler.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

ettore_bilbo
Explorer
Explorer

Dream Game Concept

01 Jul 2021 11:54

Space Engine is a graphic engine that gives the possibility to generate an entire universe, and explore it both on a cosmic scale (star systems and entire galaxies) and on a smaller scale (the surface of the planets with a good level of detail). For this reason I believe it is necessary for an SE-based game to incorporate gameplay elements from both space simulators and management and/or survival games; unless you decide to reduce the scale on one side or the other: limit the playable space to a single star system or galaxy, or to eliminate the possibility of exploring the surface of the planets... which would be a real shame!
introducing combat elements, however, is very difficult if the scientific plausibility of the project has to be maintained. Fights between spaceships and small fighters in star wars style as we are used to seeing in movies are not realistic and implausible between spaceships traveling at several kilometers per second, but which can only accelerate a few meters per second. Anyone who has tried to fly a ship in SE and travel between one planet to another or between two star systems, knows how long it takes to get out of orbit, prepare a warp vector, travel, then compensate for the difference in speed with the target body and, finally, set an orbit...

ghosterneil
Observer
Observer

Dream Game Concept

03 Jul 2021 04:21

Although I don't like fighting very much, I still have to defend the battle here. The fundamental reason why people don't like it should be the lack of scientific basis and authenticity in the battle.
But some people have done some work in this area-Chilren of a dead earth, this game reasonably speculates and simulates the possible form of future space battles. I think it has many points worthy of reference. 
When you try this game, you will find that you may have to circle the planet to find the enemy's spacecraft, and try to change the trajectory so that the two spaceships meet within the range. This is not the same as the Kerbal space program. Two or more parties are in motion, and the influence of multi-body gravity is taken into account, which makes it very difficult to plan the trajectory and Delta V reasonably. The battle almost ended within a short time of the encounter, and attacking the opponent's heat sink is the best way. This is very different from space battles in other games. If someone asks me what the future space battle will look like, there is no doubt that this is the most likely one.

Challenger
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Dream Game Concept

06 Jul 2021 05:00

Not many people would be interested in just colonizing and exploring space and to those people, even the most well built game can become quite boring very soon.
Kerbal Space Program is one of the best space sims ever and it has 0 combat. Just saying. This dream game needs more depth, combat would only serve as filler.
Endless farming kills all interest in the game. That is why World of Warcraft, for example, has added a lot of different ways to spend time in the game. Purely farming and travel will be of interest to a small number of players, if there is no development and variety - such a game will quickly lose its online.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Dream Game Concept

06 Jul 2021 07:36

Endless farming kills all interest in the game. That is why World of Warcraft, for example, has added a lot of different ways to spend time in the game. Purely farming and travel will be of interest to a small number of players, if there is no development and variety - such a game will quickly lose its online.
I'm not sure where endless farming came into play. No combat =/= endless farming.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

josephwill
Observer
Observer

Re: Dream Game Concept

15 Mar 2023 14:51

it is great dream, did you accomplish it...

Ruberr
Observer
Observer

Re: Dream Game Concept free fire?

29 Aug 2023 06:47

Hi Guys,Free Fire Name
Introducing 'Elemental Mayhem' to Free Fire - where players harness the power of elemental forces for thrilling battles! Choose your element, each with unique abilities, and dominate the ever-changing battleground. Strategize with friends to combine elements for explosive combos. Unleash fire, water, earth, and air like never before. Are you ready to master the elements and conquer the chaos?