Ultimate space simulation software

☭ Soviet Longhorn ☭
Observer
Observer

Gameplay concept

11 Nov 2017 20:20

These ideas actually seem good.
One small step for man, one, giant leap for communism.

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

15 Jan 2018 13:54

Wind and oceans sounds could be very cool to implement on planets...
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

spaceray
Observer
Observer

Gameplay concept

22 Jan 2018 12:01

Is there any plan to implement Special Relativity effects in spacecraft mode? I think this would be relatively (no pun intended) straightforward to implement: a velocity dependent geometric transformation (Lorentz transformation) applied to the camera view. Also would be nice if Doppler shift was incorporated also (red/blue shift of light color).

See  http://www.spacetimetravel.org/  for relativistic motion visualizations

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

14 Feb 2018 19:47

Could be interesting to use a static object like a robot insted of a animated object like a human. Than, using mini-robots like an supercomputer with artificial  inteligence could answer the question of how to bypass the animations scripts...
Attachments
Humano do futuro.png
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

Heath
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

27 Feb 2018 20:13

Something that I would for sure like to see is something like a line that could be drawn as like a visual distance indicator between planets. Like someway that you could see a blue line for example from Earth to lets say a nebula in our galaxy. I think that would be cool to be right up there with a constellation tool (which I have been told is a work in progress)

Cosmic_Dreams
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

10 Apr 2018 16:25

One idea could be custom intelligent life or intelligent life that you run across that you could take control of and pilot. You wouldn't actually see any of the life on the ground level, though perhaps you could see how from the atmosphere changes to the planet as the race changes and grows, perhaps a fluctuation of the lights on the night side, think Sim Earth or the test programs Maxis released days before Spore that they used to guide their development, it would all be represented through text and interface, at the most you might see a procedural generated description and portrait of the race, and maybe a procedural system that makes night lights on civilized worlds look different with each instance, perhaps they will vary in not just color but the emergent patterns they take on might vary as well. Lastly, a mode that allows one to customized races or create them from scratch and plant them on habital worlds.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Gameplay concept

11 Apr 2018 06:37

If I will ever introduce alien civilization, they will not resemble that you expect to see from popular shows or games. This might be an intelligent community of bacteria, or quantum supercomputer distributed inside the icy crust of a cold planetoid, or mushroom forests with self-organizing patterns, or obviously engineered planetary system with no signs of aliens or their technology, or needle-shaped asteroid flying through interstellar space at 0,2c. Some species or biosphere activity may not even be considered as "intelligent" from our point of view.

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

Gameplay concept

11 Apr 2018 08:33

If I will ever introduce alien civilization, they will not resemble that you expect to see from popular shows or games. This might be an intelligent community of bacteria, or quantum supercomputer distributed inside the icy crust of a cold planetoid, or mushroom forests with self-organizing patterns, or obviously engineered planetary system with no signs of aliens or their technology, or needle-shaped asteroid flying through interstellar space at 0,2c. Some species or biosphere activity may not even be considered as "intelligent" from our point of view.
This is why God put you on this Earth to make a space game. Because you will make it the best dang space game possible, apologetically 
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

Cosmic_Dreams
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

11 Apr 2018 17:00

That's insane to contemplate. If intelligent life truly takes on such a vast variety and diversity, then if we ever do become a type 2-3 civilization able to explore the stars; I can't help but wonder how would we even go about classifying, categorizing, and sub categorizing, and in some cases even recognizing at all, all the different forms intelligence life, and Extra-Terran life in general, might take on. As vast as the universe is and as many different types of life may exist, we will most likely not only need A.I. and von neuman probes to explore a reasonable portion of even just local interstellar space, but will also need to use that A.I. to categorize and handle all the information that is gathered with entire systems devoted to the handling of information regarding discovered life. We may need to even teach it to create entirely new categories for the occasions that it runs into life of the type we have no way of imagining or predicting, something entirely out of our experience or reference, it scares me to think that a much larger portion of life we find will fit that category than we are comfortable thinking. Afterall look at how much bizarre stuff we found on our own planet that we share the same tree of evolution with, each ecosystem we find will be it's own tree of life, some lifeforms may be built from stuff entirely different from DNA, which leads to a whole new frontier in categorization thinking about how many forms genetic code might take on, even those very building blocks of life may take on forms far outside our ability to predict.

Now trying to simulate that diversity and variety with procedural algorithms, even in the most general simplified way one can...I do not envy you, however It would be a break through in procedural generation technology and you would essentially establish yourself as a coding god, (though lol now that I think about it you've already more than done that 100 times over)

ImThing2
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

20 Apr 2018 18:16

how about being able to walk on planets (with light head bobbing).

nguyentj
Observer
Observer

Gameplay concept

12 May 2018 20:03

Hello,

Does anyone know if Space Engine is VR compatible, and if it is can anyone post instructions on how to work it?

Thank you.

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

Gameplay concept

13 May 2018 05:14

Not yet, but it will work when the next beta is released open
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

GeoPlayer123YT
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Gameplay concept

14 May 2018 08:34

I just had a weird idea. So you combine SE, US2, and Cities Skylines (if anyone is familar with it), so basically you build cities on beautiful planets and those planets could be destroyed by things. this was rushed because I am leaving class soon.

nguyentj
Observer
Observer

Gameplay concept

14 May 2018 14:03

Any Idea when the next beta will be out?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Gameplay concept

14 May 2018 14:39

Any Idea when the next beta will be out?
Unfortunately there's no release date. See the FAQ page.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |