Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

New Members Introduction Thread

19 Mar 2020 16:46

IWillhelm, hi.
While I personally find SpaceEngine very interesting for its goal of going to be as much as realistic as possible, and it's been used in some ESO videos, right now the universe depicted by the engine is static, galaxies don't move, and speaking of standard candles, variable stars are not implemented yet. I mean catalog stars are there, but there's no specific mechanics involving those objects yet. This page viewtopic.php?t=72 is not up-to-date but variable stars are in the list.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

ironmathyu5
Observer
Observer

16 Apr 2020 07:31

[size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=120][font=IBMPlexSans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif]I'm new to this community, and only just installed space engine, but It seems that pretty much every screenshot involves the use of graphical mods. What are some of the best/most common mods for Space Engine, what would you recommend, and how beefy a computer will I need? Thanks![/font][/size][/font][/size]
[color=#878a8c][size=85][font=IBMPlexSans, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengine/comments/4bobv7/essential_mods_for_space_engine/[/font][/size]
[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/color]
[size=85][font=IBMPlexSans, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengine/comments/5viv97/beginners_guide_to_mods/[/font][/size]

ironmathyu5
Observer
Observer

16 Apr 2020 07:34

ironmathyu5 wrote:
[size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=120][font=IBMPlexSans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif]I'm new to this community, and only just installed space engine, but It seems that pretty much every screenshot involves the use of graphical mods. What are some of the best/most common mods for Space Engine, what would you recommend, and how beefy a computer will I need? Thanks![/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

thorcaption5
Observer
Observer

17 Apr 2020 19:58

[size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif]I’ve noticed when I look at the physical properties of Venus, it states that one Venusian Solar Day is 8.161 years long!!! Given Venus’s 243.018 day retrograde rotation and 224.697 day orbital period, a Solar Day on Venus should be approximately 116.75 Earth days. Is this a bug, or a genuine mistake on behalf of the developers? Just thought I’d bring it up[/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=85][font=IBMPlexSans, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengine/comments/g0ktzn/venus_solar_day/[/font][/size]

warmachine2
Observer
Observer

17 Apr 2020 22:13

[size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif][size=100][font=Noto Sans, Arial, sans-serif]I've been considering biting the bullet and getting 0.990, mostly for the updated catalogues but also because I've used 0.980 enough that I feel I should toss Romanyuk some cash.
But my graphics card is kinda ancient and seems to be barely better than the absolute minimum system requirements for 0.990 on steam.
I can run 0.980 just fine with decent graphics settings; does anyone know if 0.990 will look mostly the same?[/font][/size][/font][/size]

EQUINOXKW
Observer
Observer

18 May 2020 20:24

Hello Space, hello Community! :mrgreen:

chevelle505
Observer
Observer

27 May 2020 17:47

Hey all, so glad i found space engine..AWSOME tool/ space simulator. Have a few questions that ive searched for now for over a week and cant find answers. I cant seem to post new topics, only see buttons on existing posts to reply. What am i missing to be able to post a question. Thanks in advance and glad to be here!!

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

28 May 2020 00:20

Hi. You can easily post a question in existing threads covering basically every topic about the program, astronomy and science and then some. Check the forum rules link on top of this page, there are suggested threads where you can start posting.
"Quick reply" below here is exactly what you need to post.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |