Ultimate space simulation software

Theloic971
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

New Members Introduction Thread

30 Oct 2019 11:48

Hello, everyone. I'm 20 years old and I have been an amateur astronomer for several years now. I have my own instrument, a Newton 200mm in diameter and 1m20 long. I appreciate astronomy in its entirety, but I am particularly fond of space exploration, orbital mechanics, or even exobiology. I also love being able to create: I am an amateur photographer, video editor, a little bit of 3D/2D animation, drawing, photography, web development. I also did theatre and I like video games like Kerbal Space Program or bin of course Space Engine but also a little Fortnite and Minecraft.
It's a pleasure to be here.
Thank you for your reading :)
Do you want to archive your discoveries in Space Engine ? Use my new website (currently in beta phase) : https://se-archive-project.net/

wombat1940
Observer
Observer

27 Nov 2019 19:21

Hi
I'm obviously new here. I've moved over from another SF Sim: Crossfire 2.0. Why? I've completed its Campaign, visited and mapped every available Space System, 163 of them, and thought it time for a change. SE appeals to me. Why? Principally because it appears to be non-combatant. At CS2.0 I was by choice totally neutral, which allowed me to journey anywhere without the fear of being attacked and having to defend myself. I avoided MP because I could not take the same non-combatant, neutral stance. Hence all my involvement was in SP. 

SE looks perfect for me in my wish to adopted only an exploratory role, and recording, for a least for myself, what I find.

Wish me luck ........  ;)

wombat1940
Observer
Observer

29 Nov 2019 18:54

OH! This is so good! And I've only got to the Free Flight Tutorial!!! And I haven't had to shoot anybody or anything! JUST LOVE IT!!!!

Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 09:16

hello. working my way past 10 messages so I can post a question of my own.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

02 Dec 2019 16:07

211 wrote:
hello. working my way past 10 messages so I can post a question of my own.

Hi, are you sure that your question needs a new thread? Your question doesn't fit in one of the dozens of existing threads?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

ShiVishnu
Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 19:07

hello...please help, I see see through-planets and stars. everything is transparent, no texture, no detail no nothing.
Attachments
scr00000.png
scr00002.png
scr00003.png
scr00004.png

Fleurrose
Observer
Observer

22 Dec 2019 12:56

ShiVishnu wrote:
hello...please help, I see see through-planets and stars. everything is transparent, no texture, no detail no nothing.

Hey welcome and what do you mean by transparent i don't understand?

Fleurrose
Observer
Observer

24 Dec 2019 02:11

Fleurrose wrote:
ShiVishnu wrote:
audacity temp mail origin

Hey welcome and what do you mean by transparent i don't understand?

It's because of your telescope try to see if it's clear or not

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

24 Dec 2019 09:22

ShiVishnu wrote:
Source of the post hello...please help, I see see through-planets and stars. everything is transparent, no texture, no detail no nothing.

You should post your 'se.log' here. It is in the 'system' folder of SpaceEngine.
But I suspect you have a graphics card that is not compatible with SE.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Deoxys_0
Observer
Observer

30 Dec 2019 08:20

Just joined, but not new. Been with Space Engine for at least two years, but I only ever hung out on the Discord. Decided to add the forums in hopes of getting more technical help and troubleshooting that I haven't had luck with on the Discord.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

30 Dec 2019 11:37

Good luck! ;D
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

szymas
Observer
Observer

03 Jan 2020 09:27

Hi New and old.. have used SE for a couple of years. . off and on and now purchased via Steam to help out.. I posted on Reddit, but figured maybe someone can help with a question I have:

Steam Cloud sync.. does not function for SE .9.9.0?

So other games I have sync to the cloud so I can play were I left off in them.. Clearly it does not work for SE? I have cloud sync enabled.. yet two different pc's with my account .. do not sync where I left off.. is that correct? .. I know in the manual it states " Note: SpaceEngine is a portable application. To copy SpaceEngine to another PC, simply copy the program’s folder and paste it there. " But as we know Steam is not a portal system.. can I just copy a certain folder, cfg files etc to move from one pc to another?

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

09 Jan 2020 07:50

Yeah, of course. Everything is saved on .cfg files. Theoretically if you copy every .cfg file (plus eventual addons that are not downloaded with Steam Workshop) into your other PC you've shared settings/joystick configuration/locations/chronology/etc.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs