Ultimate space simulation software

Theloic971
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Space Engine - Archive Project

31 Oct 2019 22:17

Hello, everyone!

Let me introduce you to my new web application dedicated to the Space Engine community : SE-ARCHIVE-PROJECT .

This web application (currently in beta version) aims to archive all the bodies discovered by users and to list them. They can be consulted and even used if you wish to visit one of the catalogued bodies for example.
Here are the main features:
   - from an url generated by Space Engine, a screenshot and a description, it is possible to list a body as anonymous
   - you can also create an account and in this way reference the author of each discovery
   - a moderation is also implemented, allowing administrators and moderators to manage the sheets, and administrators only members
   - a translation of the site in 3 languages (English, French and Spanish for the moment), with the possibility of having the translations done by the community

New products are published regularly on the Discord server "Space Engine Archive Project"

I would like to remind you that the site is in early access, and that therefore everything that is recorded may have to be deleted as the development progresses, as well as the addition of new functionalities. If you have any suggestions or feedback to make, feel free to contact me on Discord (Loic Tomatot#1805)

Link of the website : https://se-archive-project.net/
Last edited by Theloic971 on 11 Nov 2019 13:21, edited 2 times in total.
Do you want to archive your discoveries in Space Engine ? Use my new website (currently in beta phase) : https://se-archive-project.net/

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

06 Nov 2019 00:56

A few years ago I made an automatic program that shares on a database the planets you rename on the SE Wiki and that downloads the names that other people added.
There are more than 500 planets in there, even if they are of the old version since I never updated it with the last ones, eventually I might consider rebuilding it but sending data to your database as an addition.

P.S.: You should ask a web designer to improve graphics before it gets out of beta   :)
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Theloic971
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

06 Nov 2019 05:14

A few years ago I made an automatic program that shares on a database the planets you rename on the SE Wiki and that downloads the names that other people added.

There are more than 500 planets in there, even if they are of the old version since I never updated it with the last ones, eventually I might consider rebuilding it but sending data to your database as an addition.

It's very interesting what you've done before, everything can be considered. ;)

P.S.: You should ask a web designer to improve graphics before it gets out of beta

Concerning the graphics of the website, I am not a web designer either XD. And I've already been suggested to use a graphical user interface similar to the Space Engine website, but I don't know at the moment how to do it.
Afterwards, any help is of course welcome.
Do you want to archive your discoveries in Space Engine ? Use my new website (currently in beta phase) : https://se-archive-project.net/

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

07 Nov 2019 11:26

Salvo wrote:

P.S.: You should ask a web designer to improve graphics before it gets out of beta   :)

Is there any way this can be used to add procedural worlds from .980 to .990?  There are some that I miss!  Even ones around real stars.....

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

07 Nov 2019 23:39

A-L-E-X wrote:
Is there any way this can be used to add procedural worlds from .980 to .990?  There are some that I miss!  Even ones around real stars.....

Unfortunately no... it just saves the name and the description on the localizzation "db" file  :(
Actual planets disappear everytime the version changes, eventually that name might point to another planet, but I never tried!

If you remember an old name you gave I might give you the procedural coords but I can't tell what planet you will find (?)
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Theloic971
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

11 Nov 2019 13:40

Good afternoon, everyone ! The big new feature of the update: the HELP section has been completely redesigned and a general graphic touch-up has been added.

Project progress UPDATE

Changelog of the 0.5-beta update

- New language: Spanish (Need some translations update before to be used)
- From now on, you can change the language but stay on any page
- Big improvement of the HELP section, with new sections in the new navigation bar (referencing a celestial body / consulting bodies / visiting them / creating an account / translation / T.C.U.)
- Addition of general conditions of use (French & English only)
- Add in the help the link to the steam guide to add the protocol of URL redirection of Space Engine
- Modification of the website logo
 -Graphical improvement of the language choice bar and the overall site title
 - Take into account the change in the generation of the universe: define the obsolescence of the listed bodies while keeping them
 - Impossibility to add celestial bodies whose version is incompatible

Bug fixes / Modifications :

- Some translation bugs fixed
- The link in the password change request email redirected to the old domain name

Feel free to send me back your feedback about bugs and, why not, ideas for improvements. Enjoy it !
I remind you that the database may be subject to changes until the final version will be released
Link : https://se-archive-project.net/

NEXT VERSION : 0.5.1-beta