Ultimate space simulation software

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

SpaceEngine TODO

09 Dec 2018 02:14

Weather systems would be great, but pretty trick to code realistically on the current SE budget. As much as I'd love to see something like that, they would be rudimentary simulations.
Futurum Fusionem

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine TODO

09 Dec 2018 04:26

I saw lightning on a planet I visited, I thought that was pretty amazing and looked very realistic.  I suppose that is the best that can be done for now?  It's still better than any other software out there.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

SpaceEngine TODO

09 Dec 2018 06:30

I saw lightning on a planet I visited, I thought that was pretty amazing and looked very realistic.
Whatever you have seen it wasn't lightning since there's not such a feature in SE.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine TODO

09 Dec 2018 06:38

I saw lightning on a planet I visited, I thought that was pretty amazing and looked very realistic.
Whatever you have seen it wasn't lightning since there's not such a feature in SE.
well it was a world with a lot of water and dark clouds overhead and every once in awhile the clouds got really bright and turned white like a flash of lightning had just illuminated them.

stargazer
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

19 Dec 2018 20:38

Hey all :) I have registered on English version  and then discovered, that there is also Russian version. So I wondered why TODO sections are differ on Russian and English version. So that there are two Universes to discover, one Russian and one English? ;)

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

21 Dec 2018 11:01

Propulsion Disk wrote:Source of the post Okay, this is already technically in space engine already (trust me, I've found a lot!) Where? I would like to have the position of an example!
The pairs were procedural, I usually go to many different galaxies instead of staying in the milky way, so they're all fake, but logical I assume, sorry.

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

SpaceEngine TODO

22 Dec 2018 00:53

Weather systems would be great, but pretty trick to code realistically on the current SE budget. As much as I'd love to see something like that, they would be rudimentary simulations.
Weather with sound FX to go with it would be awesome!  Ray marched clouds would also be awesome along with the weather, at that point cloud shadows and self shadowing would be needed to make it really something else.   Could you just imagine all that!

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

22 Dec 2018 18:00

well it was a world with a lot of water and dark clouds overhead and every once in awhile the clouds got really bright and turned white like a flash of lightning had just illuminated them.
If only you could've taken a picture of it. :(

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine TODO

23 Dec 2018 01:16

If only you could've taken a picture of it. :(
I took a few of them but it was on my old computer whose hard disk crashed.  Good news is before that happened I had backed up my SE to an SD disk, so it's in the journal and saved locations, but I have to go through my whole list to find it.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

SpaceEngine TODO

23 Dec 2018 02:17

Could you just imagine all that!
YES!
Futurum Fusionem

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

23 Dec 2018 09:14

I took a few of them but it was on my old computer whose hard disk crashed.  Good news is before that happened I had backed up my SE to an SD disk, so it's in the journal and saved locations, but I have to go through my whole list to find it.
Okay well, let me know when you find it.

EljOt
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

08 Jan 2019 13:48

So wait, the current version is 0.980? Or 0.990?

If it's 0.990, how can I get it?

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

SpaceEngine TODO

08 Jan 2019 15:15

So wait, the current version is 0.980? Or 0.990?

If it's 0.990, how can I get it?
The current version is 0.980e (e is the patch for 0.980 released last year around the solar eclipse). There is no way to get 0.990 without beta access, which is now closed to additional users, until release.
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

01 Feb 2019 10:06

I wonder, what's left to do for SE 0.9.9.0. Is Vlad gonna try to implement one of the "uncertain if possible" things, or is he getting the update ready now like what the second to most recent news update proclaims in it's title, because from what I see in the TODO list, he's made everything that's supposed to come in this update, but I don't think he'd just wait this long for it to come out unless it takes forever to be put on steam and get launched. So maybe he's doing something else and adding something that wasn't supposed to come until later...

Okay i'm rambling, I just wanted to get that out and read what your thoughts about it are, because i'm kinda confused at the moment to weather or not it's done, or if there's more waiting to come. :| 

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

SpaceEngine TODO

02 Feb 2019 02:56

This is my global TODO list for SpaceEngine,
I'd say that the TO-DO list is pretty concise in indicating how much is implemented in version 0990. Just refer to the color codes. Right now, nothing new is being implemented - it's just bug-fixes. This process can take a long time, depending on how pervasive the new features are in the game-engine.
Futurum Fusionem