Ultimate space simulation software

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

21 Jun 2018 21:48

That's definitely not what he's asking. He's being quite clear. You even quoted him.
Look CLOSLY...
will there ever be such a thing as stars orbiting like planets
To me he is clearly saying if it is possible for stars to orbit planets.
 say there was a huge star, like an O-class or something, and in it's system was an inferior brown, red or even orange dwarf, ones that wouldn't really be massive enough to have an effect on it's star.
And here he's bringing it up again see? He's saying that usually a brown dwarf would orbit a severely bigger star but he's asking if that can happen the other way around.
I know there are already planets that are larger than the mass brown dwarfs should begin at and that their identification is changing to suit. But could it happen for even bigger stars?
Now here's where I can see you thinking that he's trying to say if it's possible for "binary systems" to happen, but the other parts I took totally look like they're saying what I think they're saying, sigh, if only he was here to say who's right. :(

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

SpaceEngine TODO

22 Jun 2018 13:04

You just need to wait for a clarification from the user since it's not clear what he's asking indeed.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Messier
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

SpaceEngine TODO

04 Jul 2018 03:49

[quote="Propulsion Disk"][quote="Destructor1701"][post]21076[/post] That's definitely not what he's asking. He's being quite clear. You even quoted him.[/quote]
Look CLOSLY...
[quote="Messier"][post]20532[/post] will there ever be such a thing as stars orbiting like planets [/quote]
[quote="Messier"][post]20532[/post]  say there was a huge star, like an O-class or something, and in it's system was an inferior brown, red or even orange dwarf, ones that wouldn't really be massive enough to have an effect on it's star.[/quote]
And here he's bringing it up again see? He's saying that usually a brown dwarf would orbit a severely bigger star but he's asking if that can happen the other way around.
[quote="Messier"][post]20532[/post] I know there are already planets that are larger than the mass brown dwarfs should begin at and that their identification is changing to suit. But could it happen for even bigger stars?[/quote]
Now here's where I can see you thinking that he's trying to say if it's possible for "binary systems" to happen, but the other parts I took totally look like they're saying what I think they're saying, sigh, if only he was here to say who's right. :([/quote]
What I meant was... OK here's an example: Elite dangerous. When the central star is massive enough, a smaller star would be able to orbit around it without affecting the main star's position, my question is would something similar ever be added to Space Engine?
The only Astrogriff

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

04 Jul 2018 08:43

That's definitely not what he's asking. He's being quite clear. You even quoted him.
Look CLOSLY...
will there ever be such a thing as stars orbiting like planets
 say there was a huge star, like an O-class or something, and in it's system was an inferior brown, red or even orange dwarf, ones that wouldn't really be massive enough to have an effect on it's star.
I know there are already planets that are larger than the mass brown dwarfs should begin at and that their identification is changing to suit. But could it happen for even bigger stars?
Now here's where I can see you thinking that he's trying to say if it's possible for "binary systems" to happen, but the other parts I took totally look like they're saying what I think they're saying, sigh, if only he was here to say who's right. :(
What I meant was... OK here's an example: Elite dangerous. When the central star is massive enough, a smaller star would be able to orbit around it without affecting the main star's position, my question is would something similar ever be added to Space Engine?
Okay, this is already technically in space engine already (trust me, I've found a lot!) it's a kind of binary star pear that has two stars of very different sizes, and (because of gravity) the small star orbits the big one like any planet would do. :) sorry we didn't understand the first time.

EljOt
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

27 Nov 2018 11:42

Are you still updating it in 2018? And will you continue in 2019?

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

SpaceEngine TODO

27 Nov 2018 14:17

Are you still updating it in 2018? And will you continue in 2019?
Yes, and there's no plans to stop yet, so also yes.
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

LGBTinc
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

29 Nov 2018 22:22

I hope you're able to implement Procedural life &
Procedural civilizations

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

SpaceEngine TODO

30 Nov 2018 00:12

Okay, this is already technically in space engine already (trust me, I've found a lot!)
Where? I would like to have the position of an example!
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine TODO

30 Nov 2018 00:30

I hope they saturate the star colors more, I want O and B type stars to look deep and light blue, A type to look white, F, light yellow, G yellow, K orange, M red and it would be nice to have an H-R diagram and B-V values for each star.

EljOt
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

30 Nov 2018 14:17

NathanKerbonaut wrote:

> Yes, and there's no plans to stop yet, so also yes.
So basically, in a few years, let's say 3, most of the features is gonna be implemented and even more planned features will appear?
Oh boi

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

SpaceEngine TODO

30 Nov 2018 14:35

NathanKerbonaut wrote:

> Yes, and there's no plans to stop yet, so also yes.
So basically, in a few years, let's say 3, most of the features is gonna be implemented and even more planned features will appear?
Oh boi
I'm just a forum user, I don't know what development will be like and what features will be available after 0990, if it's been decided yet.
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

SalazarHink
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

30 Nov 2018 14:43

EljiOt, I doubt that most features in the list will take only 3 years of development time. It will probably take 6-10 years. Also probably some features will be removed from the list or marked as "impossible to implement".

So I suggest you not to wait when features specified in this TODO list will be implemented in the SpaceEngine. Just enjoy what you currently have or what will be implemented in 0.990 and don't get hyped by this list. Treat it as a rough sketch or plan of the next versions.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600 @3.60 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3 Gb OC
RAM: Kingston Hyper-X DDR4 2666 MHz 16 Gb
MOBO: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
MON: LG 29UM59 2560x1080@60Hz

SpacyLuke
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

SpaceEngine TODO

08 Dec 2018 01:19

Could you create animated planets in our solar system please ?
Talking about super winds in Jupiter, places like Neptun etc.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine TODO

08 Dec 2018 03:11

Could you create animated planets in our solar system please ?
Talking about super winds in Jupiter, places like Neptun etc.
That could also include storms!  Like dry ice snowfall on Mars or snowstorms on Saturn or hurricane force winds in the Great Red Spot!

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

SpaceEngine TODO

08 Dec 2018 21:02

I'd be happy with lightning storms for now.