Page 2 of 4

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:26
by SpaceEngineer
A-L-E-X, no! The purpose of the beta is not to publish possibly buggy version to everyone automatically, but first testing the new update on a small group of enthusiasts. And if everything is okay, only then publish the update to the main branch.

I don't know why you can't access beta, are you opening the correct dialog?

Image

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 05 Jul 2019 14:51
by John Wain
A-L-E-X wrote:
I dont know how to access the beta, the instructions to right click on Space Engine in the Steam client did not work for me, no beta tab popped up.

Are you sure you are right-clicking the correct thing? In your library tab in Steam, there is a list of your games in a panel to the left. It's there that you have to right-click on Space Engine, select Properties and then you get the window that SpaceEngineer print-screened.
At first I was clicking on the name of the application that was displayed in the main window, and nothing was happening, so could this be your problem as well?

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 06 Jul 2019 23:03
by A-L-E-X
John Wain wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
I dont know how to access the beta, the instructions to right click on Space Engine in the Steam client did not work for me, no beta tab popped up.

Are you sure you are right-clicking the correct thing? In your library tab in Steam, there is a list of your games in a panel to the left. It's there that you have to right-click on Space Engine, select Properties and then you get the window that SpaceEngineer print-screened.
At first I was clicking on the name of the application that was displayed in the main window, and nothing was happening, so could this be your problem as well?

omg yes thank you so much!  I didn't realize I had to click on the panel to the left!  So I right clicked there now and properties showed up and then I went to Beta tab and it said No beta were available right now and then there was a second part where it said to enter the beta access code for private betas- was that the correct thing I was on there?  I think 1665 is now public so my program automatically updated so that is why it's not showing up in the beta tab anymore?

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 06 Jul 2019 23:07
by A-L-E-X
SpaceEngineer wrote:
A-L-E-X, no! The purpose of the beta is not to publish possibly buggy version to everyone automatically, but first testing the new update on a small group of enthusiasts. And if everything is okay, only then publish the update to the main branch.

I don't know why you can't access beta, are you opening the correct dialog?

Image

Sorry Vlad, I was clicking on the Space Engine logo on the right side of the page at first, now I realize it is on the left part of the page I needed to click!  I got to the Beta Tab and it said there are no public betas available right now and asked me if I wanted to enter an access code for a private beta.  I am thinking there are no public betas available because 1665 is now the main program?  I love it- my video card RAM usage even in Ultra preset has gone down from 6 GB to 4.5 GB!  Regular RAM usage seems to be down also- from 9 GB to less than 7 GB!  This is with the 5 million star GAIA add-on installed as well as all the HD texture paks listed on the Steam Page!  I love this program- it runs so much faster than 0980e was running for me and I can now use much higher settings and the planet surfaces look amazing!

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 06:18
by SpaceEngineer
A-L-E-X, I don't know why you don't see any beta. There must be 2 branches available, like on my screenshot - "beta" and "test".

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 09:21
by N0B0DY
Space Engineer I am not sure everyone can see the test branch. But it is irrelevant anyway since it is the public beta branch is what A-L-E-X, should be using.
I can't see the test branch as well - I assume it is intended for closed betas for the development team and would require a key.:
► Show Spoiler

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 20:44
by SCP-10492
SteamDB shows that the "test" branch requires a password.

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:11
by SpaceEngineer
Yes test is for devteam. Like beta of beta.

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 10 Jul 2019 20:12
by wangweiaispaceengine
:大声笑:

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 10 Jul 2019 23:20
by A-L-E-X
SpaceEngineer wrote:
A-L-E-X, I don't know why you don't see any beta. There must be 2 branches available, like on my screenshot - "beta" and "test".

Vlad I think it is because 1665 is now part of the main branch?  It says no public betas are available
I am using 1665 now.

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 20 Jul 2019 13:31
by SpaceEngineer
Happy Apollo 11 landing anniversary! Small update of today:

http://spaceengine.org/news/blog190720/

Image

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 00:19
by N0B0DY
SpaceEngineer wrote:
Source of the post Happy Apollo 11 landing anniversary! Small update of today:

I was going to reply posting about the lack of shadows and how apparent their absence is but then I read the blogspot and I can't tell you how happy and excited I am that you have put this in the highest priority list - Thank You Space Engineer and happy 50th Moon Landing Anniversary!

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 00:39
by vlad01
Really looking forward to shadows.

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 23 Jul 2019 18:11
by Sundies
vlad01 wrote:
Really looking forward to shadows.

Same here, I also want to see a mod that has an interior model for the Lunar Module.

Work progress 0.991

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:29
by SpaceEngineer
New update is in the beta branch.
http://spaceengine.org/news/blog190725/