Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

09 Aug 2021 00:14

wow and Kerr black holes will look even more intriguing
Still being worked on but more around the Kerr update and the volumetric update should be coming soon-ish, as in couple months given the complexity of the problem maybe longer.
It's just amazing that this is actually being done, no other software I know does this kind of thing.  This would be a way to map the interior of these spinning black holes including ring singularities, Doc?

Also, is there a list anywhere of confirmed Kerr black holes anywhere? I wonder what percentage of confirmed black holes have actually been found to be of the Kerr metric?

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.991

09 Aug 2021 16:13

This would be a way to map the interior of these spinning black holes including ring singularities, Doc?
The individual who has been working on said black holes has done interiors, but they are extremely demanding on systems, that is something that will need to be investigated at a later time.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

09 Aug 2021 18:35

This would be a way to map the interior of these spinning black holes including ring singularities, Doc?
The individual who has been working on said black holes has done interiors, but they are extremely demanding on systems, that is something that will need to be investigated at a later time.
Thanks, Doc, you are a good test case for this.  If your system can't handle it, no one's can.
While you're here I wanted to ask you a pretty basic question.  If I subscribe to an add-on in the Workshop, I don't need to add it to my add-on folder from the forum do I?  I ask because I can't find add-ons in my add-on folder if I'm subscribed to them- so they must be downloaded to a different folder?  I take it I don't need to manually add them to my add-on folder like I do with add-ons downloaded from forums?  Specifically talking about Rodrigo's Mod for 0.990, I see there is a normal version and a beta version in the Workshop.  I favorited both but only subscribed to the normal version.  Is that the way to do it? I didn't notice any special cloud textures so I also manually downloaded Rodrigo's Mod from his thread on here and placed it in my add-on folder and now I do see different kinds of clouds.  The other one was Klud's 3D map of the Grand Canyon.  I am subscribed to it from the Workshop, but I'm also wondering if I should download it from his thread and manually place it in my add-on folder.  It's a large file so I'm not sure.

Also with regards to satellites and space stations like the ISS or TESS they aren't accurate in terms of placement in the sky at a given time are they?  And there's no way to enter them and get a view of the interior is there?  Thanks!

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.991

09 Aug 2021 19:56

Thanks, Doc, you are a good test case for this.  If your system can't handle it, no one's can.
While you're here I wanted to ask you a pretty basic question.  If I subscribe to an add-on in the Workshop, I don't need to add it to my add-on folder from the forum do I?  I ask because I can't find add-ons in my add-on folder if I'm subscribed to them- so they must be downloaded to a different folder?  I take it I don't need to manually add them to my add-on folder like I do with add-ons downloaded from forums?  Specifically talking about Rodrigo's Mod for 0.990, I see there is a normal version and a beta version in the Workshop.  I favorited both but only subscribed to the normal version.  Is that the way to do it? I didn't notice any special cloud textures so I also manually downloaded Rodrigo's Mod from his thread on here and placed it in my add-on folder and now I do see different kinds of clouds.  The other one was Klud's 3D map of the Grand Canyon.  I am subscribed to it from the Workshop, but I'm also wondering if I should download it from his thread and manually place it in my add-on folder.  It's a large file so I'm not sure.

Also with regards to satellites and space stations like the ISS or TESS they aren't accurate in terms of placement in the sky at a given time are they?  And there's no way to enter them and get a view of the interior is there?  Thanks!
For the subscription stuff in steam, I have to move them from the download folder to my addons folder, that in my case
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥

My Specs: Intel Core I5 12600K, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 32GB, MSI Z690-A WIFI DDR4, GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8G.

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.991

09 Aug 2021 19:58

Still being worked on but more around the Kerr update and the volumetric update should be coming soon-ish, as in couple months given the complexity of the problem maybe longer.
With the kerr update, what would be the gpu requirements to run it? I'm considering to raise my RAM memory and need to buy a gpu card.

My Specs: Intel Core I5 12600K, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 32GB, MSI Z690-A WIFI DDR4, GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8G.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

10 Aug 2021 01:13

For the subscription stuff in steam, I have to move them from the download folder to my addons folder, that in my case
Thanks, but that's going to be a bit of a chore for me, I have close to 100 add-ons from the Workshop lol.  I just figured they'd automatically be installed.  Weird thing is with my space ships I didn't have to do anything, they were automatically there when I subscribed to them.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

10 Aug 2021 01:16

With the kerr update, what would be the gpu requirements to run it? I'm considering to raise my RAM memory and need to buy a gpu card.
I would think at least a 6 GB GPU and at least 16 GB RAM

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.991

10 Aug 2021 08:11

Don't know at this time, lots more work is required.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Alivik
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.991

10 Aug 2021 09:59

No, their position is not accurate in general. It's only accurate within perhaps a month or so from the time when their orbital elements were copied. Orbits close to Earth orbit are constantly perturbed by atmospheric drag, Earth's equatorial bulge, and (in the case of ISS) occasional manual adjustments. You'd have to manually update orbital parameters every now and then to position satellites accurately for the current time.
There is an addon on the Workshop with the cupola interior for the ISS, but I don't think anyone has done a full interior version so far.

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.991

10 Aug 2021 15:57

Holly sh** I almost got a heart attack with the GPU LOL

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

11 Aug 2021 02:47

Holly sh** I almost got a heart attack with the GPU LOL
I'm thinking of upgrading the 1060 GPU.  I'm using the Ultra preset, but I'm already at over 5 GB graphics memory being used at 1280x1024 resolution.  Probably should get a third hard drive while I'm at it, only have 200 MB left on my SSD and 250 MB left on my mechanical drive.  Not downloading any more add ons lol.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

11 Aug 2021 03:02

No, their position is not accurate in general. It's only accurate within perhaps a month or so from the time when their orbital elements were copied. Orbits close to Earth orbit are constantly perturbed by atmospheric drag, Earth's equatorial bulge, and (in the case of ISS) occasional manual adjustments. You'd have to manually update orbital parameters every now and then to position satellites accurately for the current time.
There is an addon on the Workshop with the cupola interior for the ISS, but I don't think anyone has done a full interior version so far.
Oh I haven't found that ISS add on yet, I'm actually using two ISS add ons, one is called ISS Version 2 and the other one is called ISS Version 3.  I hope the cupola one is one of them lol.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Work progress 0.991

24 Sep 2021 12:48

Thanks, Doc, you are a good test case for this.
Basic question > Google
Complex question > Google, then forums if that fails
Just saying, things like this shouldn't require a constant stream of assistance.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.991

13 Oct 2021 01:54

Any updates? 

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.991

13 Oct 2021 09:20

Lol yes. The site was updated to have a terrible News block.