Ultimate space simulation software

 
Fyzzie
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Aug 2018

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

14 Aug 2018 21:28

[quote="Propulsion Disk"][quote="Sion"][post]22046[/post] Since so much is going to happen in 9.9.0, I'm wondering what we will see in 9.9.1, possibly 9.10.0? [/quote]
9.10.0? there's no such thing, you mean 1.0.0.[/quote]

I guess he meant 0.9.10.0 ofc... and that IS a thing in a versioning system... the numbers do not go only up to ten where the ten raises up the previous number... we could also have a version 0.15.125.0 or such...
 
User avatar
Stellarator
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 184
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Location: Andromeda A* blackhole

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

15 Aug 2018 18:27

But since we did not have a SE v0.8.10.0, it stands to reason we will not have a 0.9.10.0.
Futurum Fusionem
 
Fyzzie
Observer
Observer
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Aug 2018

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

16 Aug 2018 21:35

[quote="Stellarator"]But since we did not have a SE v0.8.10.0, it stands to reason we will not have a 0.9.10.0.[/quote]

That's not how it works... more to the left the version number is, the more major changes have to be made to increase it... so the fact that we didn't have 0.8.10.0 doesn't mean it's not a thing... it only means SpaceEngineer added new features with such significance that he raised the previous number...

Noone ever said any of the numbers can't go over 9... and it really doesn't work that way, trust me, I'm using it on a daily basis in work...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning
 
User avatar
Stellarator
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 184
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Location: Andromeda A* blackhole

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

17 Aug 2018 17:35

Thanks for the link - it explains a lot. I merely pointed out that since we did not see a version exceeding 0.0.9 in the past, that may not happen until the stable beta is released - such as v1.00. I had theorized earlier that it might be easier for the SpaceEngineer to make regular updates then that would demand an higher version count. Maybe then we would see a version 1.9.10 or something like that. At least until he and any devs he has are satisfied with the game enough to make a version 2.
Futurum Fusionem
 
User avatar
HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member
Posts: 460
Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Location: CT, USA
Contact:

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

19 Aug 2018 10:16

Guys, don't get too hung up on SE version numbers, they're almost meaningless, they often don't follow a logical pattern and the system by which they're assigned has already been changed multiple times (and will be changed again in the future to something that actually makes good sense).
Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717
 
User avatar
TheRedstoneHive
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author
Posts: 144
Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Location: Gliese 667Cc
Contact:

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

19 Aug 2018 21:41

HarbingerDawn wrote:
Guys, don't get too hung up on SE version numbers, they're almost meaningless, they often don't follow a logical pattern and the system by which they're assigned has already been changed multiple times (and will be changed again in the future to something that actually makes good sense).

Will that be if SpaceEngine leaves beta?
 
User avatar
JackDole
World Builder
World Builder
Posts: 1015
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Location: Terra

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

19 Aug 2018 23:09

TheRedstoneHive wrote:
Source of the post Will that be if SpaceEngine leaves beta?

I think SpaceEngine will never leave beta status. As long as SpaceEngineer lives, he will always add new features to SpaceEngine. (May he live long.)
 
User avatar
Stellarator
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 184
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Location: Andromeda A* blackhole

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

20 Aug 2018 10:28

JackDole wrote:
(May he live long.)

Our Lord Vladimir is not Mortal - but Immortal - and shall live forever more. MIGHTY IS HE! :|
Futurum Fusionem
 
User avatar
Mouthwash
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 164
Joined: 22 May 2017

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

24 Aug 2018 04:46

Uh, just checking in, any timetable for the next release? Even a vague one?
 
Inarius
Observer
Observer
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Nov 2016

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

24 Aug 2018 08:37

No. Not even a vague one. However, not really soon , and so far either, too. It's in the last phase of development now (debug/optimization). Soooo....make your own guess :)
 
JKerman
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Oct 2017

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

25 Aug 2018 07:59

SpaceEngineer, we know you’re working hard, and we all support you! Keep up the good work, looks like the finish line is in sight!
 
Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Posts: 117
Joined: 25 Jan 2018

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

25 Aug 2018 08:12

JKerman wrote:
SpaceEngineer, we know you’re working hard, and we all support you! Keep up the good work, looks like the finish line is in sight!


Unless it's being released in 2019...GOD..ZILLA
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.
 
Shion
Observer
Observer
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 May 2018

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

26 Aug 2018 14:34

In my humble opinion joining with the project of Overview was a waste of time and resources. The developers were not skilled enough to make a stable and solid title and as a result the price dropped and the gains very much too. I would have much preferred to see a crowfunding for SE. I'm happy to have donated and with more donations from so many passionate users, SpaceEngineer could have eaten better and developed probably faster too.
I consider Overview a flop, sorry, and everybody had to bear the consequence of the delayed development.

Meanwhile my Oculs Rift are getting thick dust. If only we could at least get the VR functionality, now that would have been the greatest kick and probably a business opportunity for SpaceEngineer. So much wasted potential.
 
Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Posts: 117
Joined: 25 Jan 2018

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

26 Aug 2018 14:59

Shion wrote:
In my humble opinion joining with the project of Overview was a waste of time and resources. The developers were not skilled enough to make a stable and solid title and as a result the price dropped and the gains very much too. I would have much preferred to see a crowfunding for SE. I'm happy to have donated and with more donations from so many passionate users, SpaceEngineer could have eaten better and developed probably faster too.
I consider Overview a flop, sorry, and everybody had to bear the consequence of the delayed development.

Meanwhile my Oculs Rift are getting thick dust. If only we could at least get the VR functionality, now that would have been the greatest kick and probably a business opportunity for SpaceEngineer. So much wasted potential.


Oh no. Also what does this mean for space engine?
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.
 
JKerman
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Oct 2017

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

26 Aug 2018 15:27

Macronicus wrote:
JKerman wrote:
SpaceEngineer, we know you’re working hard, and we all support you! Keep up the good work, looks like the finish line is in sight!


Unless it's being released in 2019...GOD..ZILLA

Though it would likely be EARLY 2019. So, still pretty soon.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest