Ultimate space simulation software

TheRedstoneHive
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

13 Oct 2018 22:18

I hate to be the guy to ask, but, how much will SpaceEngine 0.990 cost? I am totally OK with purchasing the game, but I'd like to buy it on launch day and I need to make sure I will have enough money to do that. Thanks!
It should be around $20, but the price has not been decided yet.

ettore_bilbo
Explorer
Explorer

14 Oct 2018 04:10

I imagine we will buy all SpaceEngine in early acces. Is it correct? Will there be different purchase options? For the future game based on SE for example, or only one?

Gonder
Observer
Observer

14 Oct 2018 08:19

Regardless of the chosen price, I'll be more than happy to show my support of the game by purchasing it when it reaches Steam. I suppose it's convenient considering I've been tempted to donate money to the project in the past, and the amount of work that the developer has put into it from its creation to 0.9.9.0 are completely deserving in my honest opinion.

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

14 Oct 2018 11:29

Don't you have guys a bit of empathy for Space Engineer? If you had spent that many hours of your free time on programming a software, you would be so happy to make money out of it! And then there are angry people that don't even know how much time and effort you put into the project who ask you to make it free! Some of you are very selfish. And why do you mind that much about SE being on Steam? If you aren't ready to put a little bit effort on downloading Steam then stop telling Vladimir what to do.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

15 Oct 2018 02:05

Might I suggest taking a break and and going on a cheer-up warpath? Sorry to hear about your day though, seriously, I know how painful those things can be.

A moment of clarity for you, though. Space Engine launching on steam for a cost is a *good* thing. More money means more development and greater features/quicker development. SE is already well beyond anything anyone else is doing for a high fidelity realistic universe sim. Imagine what it can be with a larger budget due to sales and more exposure due to being plastered on the largest PC distribution platform in the world, popping up in recommendations and catching the VR market.

it's good news all around for the project, and the news update indicates that .9.9.0 is closing in on release. IE: the thing we've been waiting years for. SE is not dead, no need to press F to pay respects. 
Azirphaeli, I wish more people on the forum shared your views.
Futurum Fusionem

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

15 Oct 2018 05:09

If what a few others have said around $20 to be true, that is way too cheap for how good awesome SE is. I think it should be at least double that to justify the effort that went in.  If not for sure I am going to donate what I really think it's worth.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

15 Oct 2018 14:10

If not for sure I am going to donate what I really think it's worth.
Donations will probably stay open even if SE is sold.  Regarding price, $20 is a good upper limit due to lack of gameplay and features of other products in that price range.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

15 Oct 2018 21:56

Regarding price, $20 is a good upper limit due to lack of gameplay and features of other products in that price range.
Although I am not given to baseless speculation, I would hazard an educated guess that SE might be worth between 40 to 60 dollars once all the different features have been included and finalized. This is just based off of the prices I found other top-notch space/sci-games are worth on Steam like Galactic Civilizations, Elite: Dangerous or NMS (I do not consider NMS to be top notch yet, but it's broadly similar to SE).
Futurum Fusionem

Terran
Astronaut
Astronaut

16 Oct 2018 16:11

I am so excited for the upcoming release, especially that it is starting to resemble a legit program (you know what I mean). But I do have my concerns, and I feel it negligent to not report upon them, it is not ready for first impressions, and that needs to be made clear. People who haven’t followed space engine, or understand the amount of engininuity put in thus far, will see Space Engine as empty. The planets are barren, clouds flat (although, did they add volumetric clouds to upcoming, I think I remember something about that), oceans desolate, and gas giants “concrete”. This either must be made clear or some of these features added, and I can imagine how much work that would involve. So I recommend SpaceEngineer press that disclaimer, so it isn’t brushed aside like more in-dev games and programs. Personally, I would not like there to be any further delay to the next update, I just hope there will be some kind of compromise and resolve. Keep up the good work @SpaceEnginner !
To reality, through nothing, from un-everything.

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

17 Oct 2018 05:40

Regarding price, $20 is a good upper limit due to lack of gameplay and features of other products in that price range.
Although I am not given to baseless speculation, I would hazard an educated guess that SE might be worth between 40 to 60 dollars once all the different features have been included and finalized. This is just based off of the prices I found other top-notch space/sci-games are worth on Steam like Galactic Civilizations, Elite: Dangerous or NMS (I do not consider NMS to be top notch yet, but it's broadly similar to SE).
Please do not swear in the forums ;)*
* Joking: What I meant to say is that NMS can not be compared with SE because they are different in many ways - most important being the scientific realism: NMS approaches 0 whereas SE approaches infinity. Also there is no other space-related software like SE with respect to the size of its rendered universe/area.
If SE ever becomes a fully developed multiplayer game I agree that its price should be in the ~$35+ and up to ~$50/60 range. But at its current state a price tag of around ~$20 makes sense for the reasons DoctorOfSpace explained above.
For me its price will always be symbolic because its value is infinite.
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

Nahor
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 Oct 2018 10:07

the scientific realism: [...] SE approaches infinity.
Shouldn't that be 1? Or are you implying that SE is more realistic than reality?
For me its price will always be symbolic because its value is infinite.
How come you still have Internet? How can you still pay your ISP when you should have given all your money (and your life) to SpaceEngineer?

Irolokirt
Astronaut
Astronaut

17 Oct 2018 13:00

How come you still have Internet? How can you still pay your ISP when you should have given all your money (and your life) to SpaceEngineer?
the value isn't a price

anyway, finally, space engine will have a substantial input money.

and i think that is correct have always a free-lite version, like i think to have understood , past versions will remain free.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

17 Oct 2018 20:00

N0B0DY:     Stellarator wrote:

or NMS (I do not consider NMS to be top notch yet, but it's broadly similar to SE).

Please do not swear in the forums ;)*
Indeed, I have committed the gravest blasphemy possible on the SE forum. I shall self-flagellate myself immediately with USB wires, chanting the name of Vladimir and the forum moderators as I do so  :oops:.

You're right, and lets hope the SE multiplayer is more functional then the NMS one was. What a nightmare.
Futurum Fusionem

Sion
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Oct 2018 09:04

I do have one wish for the final release: make the game constructive instead of destructive. Make it a game of colonization, not one of destruction. Have planets become developed, not destroyed. I love the planetarium and exploration aspect of space engine. My personal biggest fear is if space engine becomes a game of survival and conquest, all the absolutely hard effort gone into the game would go to waste, as people would be too busy defending their own turf (or surf, or air) to explore.

This is my only wish.

Irolokirt
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Oct 2018 12:53

make the game constructive instead of destructive. 

This is my only wish.
I agree with you, but I think that a complete game should include military and combat elements, of course, undertake a way like a criminal or a soldier would be more difficult and self-destructive, and of course the game must be centered on research and exploration.
personally i hate all that games where you start with a blaster in your hands, where the only goal is kill the enemy.
a complete game , for me, is a game completely managed by the players, and  where the history is completely written by the players ,the first planet with life discovered,the first colony founded,the first expedition to another galaxy...all these things will write the history