Ever? Yes. In this version? No.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

Madrixe
Observer
Observer

General 0.9.9.0 Discussion

24 Apr 2018 22:57

[color=#212121][size=120][font=arial, sans-serif]hello to you, first let me congratulate you for your good work! I had a question about the fly path and the option to record a video in the game in the .990 version. Is it possible to record a video in 4k and + even if I have a 1080p screen? Because to see the preview has a resolution that you want and be able to record a video with a higher resolution would be really great! thank you in advance for your answer! and juste for curiosity we are celebrating the 7th anniversary of the Games on April 25th? :) [/font][/size][/color]

Cosmic_Dreams
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

25 Apr 2018 00:19

Probably some stream will be done right before the release, which is not decided yet. As far as I know, Skylias on Twitch has done several live streams talking about astronomy, among other things, by using also recent beta test builds of SpaceEngine. She's not showing specifically new features, though.
Yes, 0990 will have a Steam version.
Yeah, I'm a fan of Skylias, she's got me thinking about using SE for content so here in a month or so I'm going to try to start using Space Engine and ASMR for education astronomy vids on YouTube. I think Space and ASMR would go nice together. Both are relaxing and pleasant bouncing around the ol' cerebellum.
The energy of a single photon of light is inversely proportional to its wavelength, with the visible region of the spectrum having less energy per photon than the ultraviolet region, and more than the infrared region. The energy of the visible spectrum increases from the red wavelengths through the blue and violet. Ultraviolet light, which has more energy than blue light, does not support photosynthesis. If it did reach the earth’s surface, ultraviolet light would be energetic enough to break carbon-carbon bonds. The bond-breaking process would lead to a net loss of fixed carbon as biomolecules were broken apart. Fortunately, the ozone layer in the atmosphere absorbs enough UV radiation to prevent this from occurring.

Not all wavelengths of light can support photosynthesis. The photosynthetic action spectrum depends on the type of accessory pigments present. For example, in green plants, the action spectrum resembles the absorption spectrum for chlorophylls and carotenoids with peaks for violet-blue and red light. In red algae, the action spectrum overlaps with the absorption spectrum of phycobilins for red blue-green light, which allows these algae to grow in deeper waters that filter out the longer wavelengths used by green plants.

In the light reactions, one molecule of the pigment chlorophyll absorbs one photon and loses one electron. This electron is passed to a modified form of chlorophyll called pheophytin, which passes the electron to a quinone molecule, allowing the start of a flow of electrons down an electron transport chain that leads to the ultimate reduction of NADP to NADPH. In addition, this creates a proton gradient across the chloroplast membrane; its dissipation is used by ATP synthase for the concomitant synthesis of ATP. The chlorophyll molecule regains the lost electron from a water molecule through a process called photolysis, which releases a dioxygen (O2) molecule. The overall equation for the light-dependent reactions under the conditions of non-cyclic electron flow in green plants is:

2 H2O + 2 NADP+ + 3 ADP + 3 Pi + light → 2 NADPH + 2 H+ + 3 ATP + O2

Molecules that have double bonds alternating with single bonds have a sort of resonance (conjugation) that allows electrons to move more freely over a large portion of the molecule (sort of like how metals have more free moving electrons). This ability of electrons to move freely lowers the energy difference between the HOMO and the LUMO (somehow) which allows photons of lower energy (and therefore lower wavelengths) to make electrons jump to higher energy levels. The rule of thumb tends to be the more conjugated pi bonds the lower the wavelength required to make this energy level jump occur. In chlorophyll specifically, there is a porphyrin-metal system at the center of the molecule which causes there to be several different HOMO-LUMO gaps which result in a major absorption peak in the blue light range (the soret band) and several peaks in the red range (q bands).

Why did evolution end up doing it this way? Probably because it is the simplest, and even if not the most efficient, it is still 90% efficient at moving elections. Almost all the photons that fall on the chloroplast are absorbed and can provide energy for synthesis. One hypothesis I have read is that the early dominance of Archaea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea) with green dominant absorption of solar radiation lead to the red/blue chlorophyl development as it allowed them to coexist without competing for the same resources. 

Perhaps there is a different way to move electrons, but to me it seems the physics of reality and how chemicals work lead to the conclusion, you will most likely find vegetative materials that use sunlight as energy, as appearing green, no matter what the host star color looks.
When HarbingerDawn said the process was more complex then I was imagining it, he wasn't lying! I feel like I just overclocked my brain trying to get even the jist of that down, but I think I got the general idea.
Last edited by Cosmic_Dreams on 25 Apr 2018 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

ImThing2
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

25 Apr 2018 18:43

are trees ever gonna get added?
Ever? Yes. In this version? No.
i wonder which update?

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

25 Apr 2018 19:11

i wonder which update?
Who can know? It's not like there's a super-detailed plan of every update of SE that will ever be released and every bit of content that will be in each of them. Such a thing does not exist for any software project I've ever heard of. It will be added when it's added.

ImThing2
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

26 Apr 2018 18:59

cool

Irolokirt
Astronaut
Astronaut

Help with creating Mods and Addons

30 Apr 2018 04:15

in the next version will be bossible put 3d models in fixed orbits

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Help with creating Mods and Addons

30 Apr 2018 06:13

in the next version will be bossible put 3d models in fixed orbits
Yes. As SpaceEngineer said in news, in the next version customized 3d shapes of objects can be placed in fixed orbits around stars or planets. The same can be achieved with spaceships, probes or space stations, with proper scripts.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

MaxVelocity
Observer
Observer

01 May 2018 20:01

Are there gonna be cloud animations for gas giants for 0.9.9.0?

Macronicus
Explorer
Explorer

01 May 2018 20:10

Are there gonna be cloud animations for gas giants for 0.9.9.0?
Sadly no.
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

03 May 2018 18:18

HarbringerDawn will be live streaming to introduce new features about Space Engine 0.9.9.0 on YouTube today at 7:00 PM (UTC).
Go subscribe to his channel not to miss that: HabringerDawn's channel 
Last edited by Martin on 04 May 2018 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

03 May 2018 21:35

HarbringerDawn will be live streaming to introduce new features about Space Engine 0.9.9.0 on YouTube today at 10:00 AM (UTC).
I was never going to stream at that time.

Macronicus
Explorer
Explorer

03 May 2018 22:55

HarbringerDawn will be live streaming to introduce new features about Space Engine 0.9.9.0 on YouTube today at 10:00 AM (UTC).
You have been correct this hole time.
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

04 May 2018 04:27

Sorry I took the wrong time displayed on YouTube...