Ultimate space simulation software

Messier
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 08:30

Asking a question about nebulae: can circumstellar disks appear around procedural stars now?
The only Astrogriff

second-ich
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 09:29

[quote="DoctorOfSpace"]
A launch and Steam trailer is already being worked on by a few members in the community.[/quote]

Is there a way to participate in this? I would love to create the trailer for SE 0.990 but I don't have access to the latest version of SE.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 09:38

Messier wrote:
Source of the post Asking a question about nebulae: can circumstellar disks appear around procedural stars now?

No, they are not finished yet. Circumstellar disks and animated supernovae were experimental features, not finished ones, and they won't be finished for this release (at the very least, supernovae won't).
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

Messier
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 12:40

HarbingerDawn wrote:
Messier wrote:
Source of the post Asking a question about nebulae: can circumstellar disks appear around procedural stars now?

No, they are not finished yet. Circumstellar disks and animated supernovae were experimental features, not finished ones, and they won't be finished for this release (at the very least, supernovae won't).
that's kind of a shame, but I'm still looking forward to it's release!
The only Astrogriff

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 14:21

HarbingerDawn wrote:
Zoliparia wrote:
Source of the post I just want to be able to take screenshots to use as a wallpaper on my own computer. Now i'll have to pay extra just to be able to do that without having the wallpaper include the UI.

Incorrect. The screenshot function in the standard version will function the same way as it always has.

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post I wonder why it's called pro DLC instead of just Pro?

Because of the way it's set up on Steam. It really doesn't matter, it's just semantics.

ipagewebsite wrote:
Source of the post I'm sorry! But Youtube is very naughty about copyright. How will he know who Pro is and who is not? It will block all videos!

Youtube will not block any SpaceEngine videos.

illicitSoul wrote:
Source of the post I'm curious if steam release will have Nvidia Ansel? To my mind, it would be amazing to shot screenshots at upscaled resolution provided by this tool.

You can already set SE to whatever resolution you want before taking a screenshot. Almost everything Ansel does is already done natively by SpaceEngine anyway, what would be the point?

Sion wrote:
Source of the post I hate to be the one to ask, but am I the only one concerned that these "pro" things were once considered free in space engine?

I can only repeat the disclaimer I posted earlier:

SpaceEngineer wrote:
Source of the post Note: the details of the PRO DLC, including cost and what features it will have compared to the standard version, are still the subject of much internal discussion and have not been finalized. The contents of the blog post only represent SpaceEngineer's thoughts on the subject at the time that he wrote the post. Everything is subject to change.

Thanks for understanding,
HarbingerDawn

Thanks HD.  The store link you talked about, can the purchase be made directly from there without downloading the Steam app first?

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 14:43

second-ich wrote:
Source of the post Is there a way to participate in this?

Launch/Steam trailer is nearing completion and is being worked on by at least 4 people with input from 11 people, so I don't think anymore people are needed currently.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Macronicus
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 15:05

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
second-ich wrote:

Launch/Steam trailer is nearing completion and is being worked on by at least 4 people with input from 11 people, so I don't think anymore people are needed currently.

I hope the launch trailer is a masterpiece, if it features elon musk
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 18:07

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post The store link you talked about, can the purchase be made directly from there without downloading the Steam app first?

Yes, but you still need to download Steam to actually download and use the program on whatever computer you plan to use it on.
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 19:08

HarbingerDawn wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post The store link you talked about, can the purchase be made directly from there without downloading the Steam app first?

Yes, but you still need to download Steam to actually download and use the program on whatever computer you plan to use it on.

Thats perfectly fine :)  I just want to be able to pay for it from my work computer on the link you mentioned and then use the program on my personal computer.  So the way it would work is that when everything is completed, you'd post the link in here, and then I'd go to the link from my work computer, enter my username and password which I already made in Steam, buy the program from the link in my browser after I'm signed in (I assume I still have to enter my username and password after I go to the link on my work computer?), and when I get back home and open up the Steam App and sign in there on my personal computer I'll be able to download it then?

Messier
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

21 Feb 2019 23:03

Macronicus wrote:
DoctorOfSpace wrote:
second-ich wrote:

I hope the launch trailer is a masterpiece, if it features elon musk
If it is who I think it is working on it, then it will most certainly be a masterpiece. I'm thinking the likes of Phunnie and Lifelive42
The only Astrogriff

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

Work progress 0.990

22 Feb 2019 10:33

Messier wrote:
Source of the post If it is who I think it is working on it

BambusDude, LiveLife42, Phunnie, and tRetro-Visor.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Messier
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

22 Feb 2019 13:36

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Messier wrote:
Source of the post If it is who I think it is working on it

BambusDude, LiveLife42, Phunnie, and tRetro-Visor.
called it! Oooh this is gonna be great!
The only Astrogriff

longname
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Work progress 0.990

22 Feb 2019 13:56

HarbingerDawn wrote:
Messier wrote:

When 0.990 rolls around, will we be able to turn on experimental features like animated nebula and circumstellar disks?
Previously as "connorneal2005"
"I am a futurist. I don't want to believe humans won't become futuristic." - Me

MineCrafter473
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

22 Feb 2019 14:36

Will there be a launch day Livestream?
CPU:Intel core i7 8700k @ 3.8Ghz
RAM:16gb ddr4-3000
GPU:RTX 2080 8gb vram
STORAGE:Samsung 512gb 970 pro m.2 ssd, 1tb ssd

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

22 Feb 2019 14:48

HarbingerDawn wrote:

Dang, I was really looking forward to supernovae, it's kinda one nebula disappointment after another, no offense. :( Sigh, oh well, as long as all the other stuff stays, i'll be good. :) (Still sad though...)
I am named after a work in progress...