Ultimate space simulation software

Astro-Eagle
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

19 Dec 2018 07:59

Oh man, is since the last 2 years that I'm waiting for the new version!

jrobin28260
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

22 Dec 2018 09:08

A million thanks for the good news, and accomplished work described in there ! http://spaceengine.org/blog181210/

Jimlarck
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

24 Dec 2018 01:23

so close, yet so far. Looking forward to seeing space engine on the steam store

John Wain
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

29 Dec 2018 11:51

SpaceEngineer: I don't know if this has been suggested before, or if it's even possible with Steam, but have you considered offering the software for pre-order at a discounted rate?
I don't want to sound like I'm unwilling to pay its full price (because I am convinced it will be well worth it!), but it would be great to be able to place an order sooner and maybe others would jump at the opportunity as well.
It would mean more money available to you in advance of the release that may fund development. Just my thoughts...

Solaris_
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

30 Dec 2018 01:35

If we buy the SpaceEngine on Steam,will it have free upgrades(version)?
I'm always ready to see news,regardless what is it.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Work progress 0.990

31 Dec 2018 18:31

Solaris_ wrote:
Source of the post If we buy the SpaceEngine on Steam,will it have free upgrades(version)?

It depends. Patches are generally free for a game regardless of platform, whereas whole new versions might not be.
Futurum Fusionem

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

01 Jan 2019 07:54

John Wain wrote:
Source of the post but have you considered offering the software for pre-order at a discounted rate?

I don't think the next update is even done yet! (unless it is, then I have a lot of questions) And I'm pretty sure it's going to be released as soon as it's done, because vlad's getting things ready for it. Also, this confuses me.
John Wain wrote:
Source of the post It would mean more money available to you in advance of the release that may fund development.

I'm not big on stuff like this so I probably got this all wrong, but anyway, if se gets a discount at any time, the total money in the end is going to be less than what it would've been, but again, I probably didn't understand what you were saying or something, so anyone (even you) please correct anything I got wrong, thank you.
I am named after a work in progress...

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

01 Jan 2019 10:04

Propulsion Disk, John Wain is talking about the possibility that some game offers in Steam of paying in advance, usually with a small discount, before the actual release of the program. That's what pre-order means.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

01 Jan 2019 11:26

Mosfet wrote:
Source of the post John Wain is talking about the possibility that some game offers in Steam of paying in advance

Well I was saying reasons about why that probably wouldn't happen, which still might not be make much sense.
And if you got that from the second part of my post, that might be because I didn't know that "pre ordering usually has a discount of some sort."
Also I should've just left it for Vlad to answer.

John Wain
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

01 Jan 2019 23:36

Propulsion Disk, offering the software at a discounted rate may result in less money overall, but not necessarily. This is because a lower price can represent an incentive to buy for persons who otherwise would not have considered doing so in the first place. And secondly, offering it for pre-order can help the developer raise money that he might need for any reason, which otherwise is not available. Now pre-order prices need not be discounted at all, but it's a sort of common sense thing - if I want to raise more money sooner than I can release the product, I will ask for a lower price because people who pay for it now will not actually be able to enjoy it until later, so it's a trade-off for both seller and buyer.

Propulsion Disk
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

02 Jan 2019 07:37

John Wain wrote:
Source of the post a lower price can represent an incentive to buy for persons who otherwise would not have considered doing so in the first place

So your saying, doing this will GET more buyers who wouldn't pay full price, and therefore would make more money in the end, because of the greater number of people paying for it? That makes sense.
John Wain wrote:
Source of the post offering it for pre-order can help the developer raise money that he might need for any reason, which otherwise is not available. Now pre-order prices need not be discounted at all, but it's a sort of common sense thing - if I want to raise more money sooner than I can release the product, I will ask for a lower price because people who pay for it now will not actually be able to enjoy it until later, so it's a trade-off for both seller and buyer.

Yeah okay, so say if Vlad needed more equipment for se but didn't have the money, he could get the money now by making it so people could pre order it to get said equipment, that makes sense too, thanks!
Mosfet wrote:
Source of the post  That's what pre-order means.

I think I took your post the wrong way and got it mixed up with something else. I guess I took it as "can you release spaceengine 0.9.9.0 now?" because people keep saying that because they think Vlad's just prolonging the release. Sorry John. :P 

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

03 Jan 2019 04:55

Stellarator wrote:
Solaris_ wrote:
Source of the post If we buy the SpaceEngine on Steam,will it have free upgrades(version)?

It depends. Patches are generally free for a game regardless of platform, whereas whole new versions might not be.

I think they said it would be a one time charge but obviously that could change in the future if it was needed.

MineCrafter473
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.990

07 Jan 2019 13:02

Harbingerdawn or SpaceEngineer, Do you think we could get more frequent news on the update or maybe even a status page on the website. The last update was almost a month ago, and it was just a livestream announcement.
CPU:Intel core i7 8700k @ 3.8Ghz
RAM:16gb ddr4-3000
GPU:RTX 2080 8gb vram
STORAGE:Samsung 512gb 970 pro m.2 ssd, 1tb ssd

GP300
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

08 Jan 2019 22:39

@MineCrafter473: I agree! Would be nice for the common users like us to also know what's going on...

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

09 Jan 2019 01:37

Hi, things don't work like that with regards to this project. 95% of the work is being done by one man, and at the moment he has not earned a wage for it for 10 years, just donations. He works hard on it and takes the time to write long detailed updates whenever he has something to report and has the time to report it, so we will not tolerate an atmosphere of entitlement with regards to expecting anything of him beyond what he is already doing - something everyone should be extremely grateful for. Please do not ask again, and even though it was a joke, please do not insinuate that there is some kind of elitist thing going on here that the "common users" are being oppressed :P

Even once the game goes up for sale, we will still not let this forum devolve into any kind of entitled negativity about the game, the developer or the website, as often happens once people have spent money on something. Vladimir spends a very large amount of time answering questions, taking suggestions when they are good or explaining why they wouldn't work, and he is very committed to the project so doesn't need people continually pressing him for updates. 
i7 7700K - 4.7MHz, Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 HerculeZ Twin X2 8192MB, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, CV1 + Oculus Touch