Ultimate space simulation software

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Work progress 0.9.9.0

24 Oct 2018 20:01

SE does not updated on-the-fly, so no climate change effects are possible.
Will it ever though? Weather and other meteorologic and geologic changes on planets would be very immersive, but I imagine quite tricky to code.

I REALLY like that "humidity" factor on exoplanets. Looking forward to more stuff like that.
Futurum Fusionem

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.9.9.0

24 Oct 2018 22:41

^^^ Ja same here. My Belle Hades planet can finally be that uber-humid jungle world it's always been meant to be :3
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 02:05

uber-humid jungle world it's always been meant to be
Complete with Space Ebola-Aids-Deng-Malaria Plague? Okay I'll visit. Is there a brochure with suggested vaccinations and VISA info  :lol:?
Futurum Fusionem

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 02:26

Quarior wrote:
When you said « planet animated », ie there have a animated climate ?

Where does it say "animated"?
Indeed, where? Textures of planets in SE does not updated on-the-fly, so no climate change effects are possible.
The mod name is the name of the folder and/or customize with a file of configuration ? Also, is for all object in the folder and we can erase the mod and a category type for each objects/systems ?
Example : By example for Star Wars, there are planets/systems no mention in movies but maybe in a game or the fan community so the mod Star Wars Catalogs need to split in different mods ?
Sorry, I don't understand.
Oops... I have bad read... I think it is in point but I don’t find so maybe the tired :
Added parameter “humidity” to control vegetation coverage on planets with life
Now the vegetation/desert ratio on planets with life can be controlled with a single parameter. There are 6 other parameters, which I haven’t described before. They control the distribution of 3 biomes: forest, grass and desert (more accurately, steppe): climateDesertMin, climateDesertMax, climateForestMin, climateForestMax, climateGrassMin, climateGrassMax. These biomes have different detail texture sets in the biomes and palette preset config: Desert, Forest, Grass.
For the second point, you said in your blog post is precise for a object where mod from or is a real object so how to ?
First, is automatically with the folder name ?
Second, is semi-automatically, ie in the mod folder, there a a file like mod.info :
ModName « My Mod »
ModCategory « Movie » //or « Game universe » or « Book »
Third, we need for each objects/planets/systems to define where come from and category :
StarBarycenter « My system »
{
Mod « My mod »
Category « Movie »
RA 3 6 8
Dec -4 -7 9
DistLy 7.34
Hide true
}
And final point, is for a same mod we can define multiple category or erase category and name of the mid for each system or object.

I hope I more understandable.

Have a nice day.
► Information

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 03:10

For the second point, you said in your blog post is precise for a object where mod from or is a real object so how to ?
Second, is semi-automatically, ie in the mod folder, there a a file like mod.info :
I feel myself as Luke Skywalker listening to Yoda...
Franchise is a new filed in the local database file. They are files config/user-loc-db.cfg and data/locale/loc-db.cfg, where loc is your language. Example of such a file:
PObject
{
    LocName "Форкий"       // object name in your language
    Name    "Phorcys"      // object name from catalog
    Parent  "Nuphen"       // object parent name from catalog
    Pioneer "Космический телескоп TPF" // object discoverer (fictional in this example, may be SE user name)
    Date    "2025.06.18"               // discovery date (fictional in this example)
    Franchise "Мир больших приливов"   // franchise name - in your language
    Descr "Форкий - самый маленький из газовых гигантов системы [NU] Феникса." // object description in your language
}
Database files are place where SE Wiki saves descriptions and names then you add them by pressing "Edit" button on the Wiki window. If you tick the "Real object", its description will be saved to data/locale/loc-db.cfg (this supposed to be description of a real object like Solar system bodies, stars, constellations etc), otherwise to config/user-loc-db.cfg (this supposed to be a user discovery of some interesting procedural object).

Another thing that I implemented, is that SE now loads additional database files #/locale/*-loc-db.cfg, where # means all data/, addons/, addons/*/ folders. The file could have any name, ending with -loc-db.cfg, where loc is your language.

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 05:38

I feel myself as Luke Skywalker listening to Yoda...
Franchise is a new filed in the local database file. They are files config/user-loc-db.cfg and data/locale/loc-db.cfg, where loc is your language. Example of such a file:
PObject
{
    LocName "Форкий"       // object name in your language
    Name    "Phorcys"      // object name from catalog
    Parent  "Nuphen"       // object parent name from catalog
    Pioneer "Космический телескоп TPF" // object discoverer (fictional in this example, may be SE user name)
    Date    "2025.06.18"               // discovery date (fictional in this example)
    Franchise "Мир больших приливов"   // franchise name - in your language
    Descr "Форкий - самый маленький из газовых гигантов системы [NU] Феникса." // object description in your language
}
Database files are place where SE Wiki saves descriptions and names then you add them by pressing "Edit" button on the Wiki window. If you tick the "Real object", its description will be saved to data/locale/loc-db.cfg (this supposed to be description of a real object like Solar system bodies, stars, constellations etc), otherwise to config/user-loc-db.cfg (this supposed to be a user discovery of some interesting procedural object).

Another thing that I implemented, is that SE now loads additional database files #/locale/*-loc-db.cfg, where # means all data/, addons/, addons/*/ folders. The file could have any name, ending with -loc-db.cfg, where loc is your language.
Is more easy I think so thanks for information.
So for define the category, I replace Franchise by Movie, Book and GameUniverse by example ?
PObject
{
LocName "Azeroth"
Name "Azeroth"
Parent "Azesystem"
// Pionner "Inhabitants of Azeroth"
// Date "8000.01.01"
GameUniverse "World of Warcraft" //instead Franchise
Descr "The main planet from the game."
}
Have a nice day.
Last edited by Quarior on 25 Oct 2018 05:47, edited 2 times in total.
► Information

greenhand
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 05:46

They've said that it probably would be around $20 or less.
There has been no official comment at all about pricing, please do not spread potentially misleading information.
No, but they've said that previous versions will remain free.
Nobody has said that there won't be a demo, again please refrain from making unsubstantiated claims.
nobody looks to these people as authoritative sources bro. calm down.

Solaris_
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 07:47

Lava planets look so realistic!
I'm always ready to see news,regardless what is it.

Loafmeister
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.9.9.0

25 Oct 2018 10:28

Great blog entry, excite level increasing! Thanks for the update Spaceengineer

AnimsSpace

Work progress 0.9.9.0

27 Oct 2018 08:57

I can’t find any words for this nice well done work, I still have my opinion that SE deserves so much more attention, i‘m very excited for the new version 0.9.9.0. keep it up and take your time, you already improved it so much. The graphic hurts my eyes so good it looks the planets etc.

Shion
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

30 Oct 2018 07:54

I would pay a couple hundred dollars for the next SE, no problem. 30 years ago a Sega Mega Drive cartridge was 100 and it was a fair price for the industry.

JKerman
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress 0.990

30 Oct 2018 11:38

Why? How many times do we have to tell people that space engine will be released when it's done. So stop it already.
Sorry, I was just joking.

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress 0.990

30 Oct 2018 12:02

Please leave the moderating for moderators. I personally found that image quite funny, he wasn't actually asking, just making a joke about the whole waiting thing. Maybe a fellow mod will disagree, but still it's important to let us do the moderating, if you spot any posts that need our attention, please report them.
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

30 Oct 2018 17:46

Everyone, please stop making off-topic posts in this thread. I've already had to issue temporary bans to a few people who have ignored repeated earlier warnings about this. Show a modicum of restraint and forethought when posting, please.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.990

31 Oct 2018 02:05

Will 0.990 have an improved terrain loader over 0.980e that is more independent from movement?

Currently the loading is mostly stopped during travel movement and resumes only once standing still even if loader is forced to load more tiles per frame as can be set in the config file, this does results in a much faster loading when still and looking around but still is dependent on travel moment and thus still slow or stopped during travel.   Will the new version handle this more asynchronously?