Ultimate space simulation software

catvanbrian
Observer
Observer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

01 Oct 2017 14:53

one question space engineer since neon oceans are rare, what's the color of said neon ocean

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

01 Oct 2017 16:37

one question space engineer since neon oceans are rare, what's the color of said neon ocean
Colorless, or probably the red colored oceans we have now
Don't expect glowing bright red/orange lakes
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

01 Oct 2017 20:14

Lol neon in a strong UV light indeed must glow :) Only in a plasma form in the upper atmosphere.
I don't know how liquid neon looks, probably a colorless liquid. Anyway, color of the ocean depends on contaminations, even on Earth it vary from green to red. The clear colorless liquid inherits color of the sky by reflecting it, and adds a blue by scatter the sunlight in deep.

Nebulax
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

02 Oct 2017 03:03

Same has Gamadh, I wonder if you decide to release the SE version 0.9.8.1 this year ?
remember, its "coming to steam for sure this year" said earlier this year....
Not about steam but only space engine, like my 0.9.8.0. If i use space engine from Steam, that mean they need to connect on steam. So I don't want to use steam. because the steam requires connection with internet. If ever, I have a problem with internet or worse, I can't play Space engine. I prefer to stay in private without using internet connection, to avoid bordom. :/
Any aproximate date for the steam reléase?
And prince?
I have too much expectation about that

Dr. Kaii
Explorer
Explorer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

02 Oct 2017 05:25

No approximate dates I'm afraid, just gotta be patient and find something else to do for a while :)
i9 9900K - 5.0MHz, Palit 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, Vive Pro

MineCrafter473
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

02 Oct 2017 14:00

will clouds have an animation or something in the future because they seem kind of strange just being static.
CPU:Intel core i7 8700k @ 3.8Ghz
RAM:16gb ddr4-3000
GPU:RTX 2080 8gb vram
STORAGE:Samsung 512gb 970 pro m.2 ssd, 1tb ssd

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

02 Oct 2017 14:09

They're not changing shape, but they are moving indeed, I guess you're referring to that. I think it could be feasible with raymarching clouds, so yeah possibly.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

02 Oct 2017 14:37

People, I don't want to sound rude at all and I'm not a moderator now so I ask this as a community member if all of you other community members can agree to make this place more usefull and less repetitive.

Lately this thread has become a place to throw any kind of idea, even the most basic and discussed ones. I want to remind that this thread was made in principle so the developer could inform us and respond to very specific questions regarding the news he could bring each time. please people:

There is a thread for:

Suggestions for Space Engine
Suggestions about the forum
Questions about Space Engine

There's even a TODO list full of ideas
(even with the progress made in each one of those) that you should read first if you want to know something about the possibility of having clouds or rocks or vegetation or more spaceships or more of the basic things that have been suggested a million times. I know the questions come from new people and I understand that but please at least if you don't know if those have been posted before take a moment to think in wich thread this would be more suitable, because for sure this is not the place.

Also if the TODO list has not your suggestions you can find a list of suggestions made by the people in the forum here (many ideas have been debated previously so maybe this would simplify things)

And sorry if someone feels it goes with him. It dosen't. Its just a general situation that has arisen in this particular thread, is continuosly getting full of the same ideas and no-one seems to be willing to sacrifice a minute to search the previous post page of the thread where the same thing had been said.

Hope I'm not the only one thinking like this. And really, its just an advice, do what you want inside the forum rules (this does not break any).

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

03 Oct 2017 04:42

FastFourierTransform, we've made a lot of posts like this, there is also a note in the OP, but unfortunately it is a lost cause. This post will be forgotten very soon. People never reads the previous pages, you also said it.

I know it's annoying, I totally agree with you and you had all the reasons for doing so, but I don't think it will fix the situation. You just have to get used to it and ignore these messages, hoping some moderators will delete them (as it's written on the OP, they can be deleted without warning).  :)
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

DeathStar
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

03 Oct 2017 07:11

hoping some moderators will delete them (as it's written on the OP, they can be deleted without warning).
The problem is that whenever something like that is done, the person whose post was deleted would usually just start complaining how "hostile" the community is. I've seen it many times and it's even more obnoxious than the incessant "when is [insert next version] going to be out?" 

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

03 Oct 2017 08:15

Shouldn't be interesting to insert a subject filter in the text box before write? To search if any people was wrote about the same subject you going to write? Them, could be a new rule to write suggestion in any forum, to specific you subject, to search if any people was wrote your subject. Like a filter:
I think it's going to helpful to search the similar subject what you going to write.
Them, when you going to send a subject you see that's new in the discussion's list, you create a new subject topic to more people search this topic...
Attachments
Como identificar seu assunto.png
How organize the subjects
Como identificar seu assunto.png (12.07 KiB) Viewed 6065 times
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

gamadh
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

03 Oct 2017 10:50

with the new version coming up, I wonder, the hardware requirements for SE changed?
In such a hostile universe it is not necessary be the center to be special, just be alive

Eliam
Observer
Observer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

03 Oct 2017 16:51

- accurate modelling of the hydrological cycle (cloud formation, precipitation, albedo change etc)
Cloud formation is going to be impossible to simulate, not even super computers can do it correctly.
I don't think SpaceEgineer is thinking about real-time physically accurate planet-scale multi-phasic fluid simulation of the entire atmosphere. The same way Space Engine doesn't rely on planet formation and tectonic plate simulation to display continents and mountain ranges. He's probably talking about real-time procedural qualitative cloud simulation, which is already possible and available in some open-world, although not on a sphere and not featuring realistic-looking patterns from space as far as I know. But by combining different solutions we might have something pretty realistic.

Amateur coded real-time procedural clouds
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tui5-x2i2zw]large-scale, multi-layered, real time clouds animation[/url]
I don't know if it would work but you can do computationally affordable simulation that end up with something looking similar to real turbulence with curl-noise
Paper - Curl-Noise for Procedural Fluid Flow
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/%7Erbridson/docs/bridson-siggraph2007-curlnoise.pdf

Destructor1701
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

04 Oct 2017 22:05

with the new version coming up, I wonder, the hardware requirements for SE changed?
As a beta tester, I can testify that they don't appear to have. The new lighting system and ray-marched nebulae run pretty well on both my gaming system and my low-spec (intel i3 with integrated intel HD4400 graphics) laptop, with similar performance to previous releases.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress - 0.9.8.1

04 Oct 2017 22:13

with similar performance to previous releases.
Seems like performance has increased a bit from what you have mentioned to me
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati