Ultimate space simulation software

Zoliparia
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

18 Feb 2019 17:52

[quote="Mosfet"][quote="Zoliparia"]Are you sure you want to go down the EA route?[/quote]
I wasn't aware that EA was granting a license for commercial use through DLC sells.[/quote]
No they make you have to pay more for things that should have been included as standard. Example: (EA: DL-44 blaster. SpaceEngine 0.990: screenshots with transparency.)

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.990

18 Feb 2019 19:47

Will the pro version address copyright issues with the music on youtube as it does with the current version?

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

18 Feb 2019 22:41

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post What if we are just posting screenshots to our blogs and social media (which would actually help garner more publicity and sales?)

If it's not commercial/monetized, and you credit SE somewhere, then you can do that already, you wouldn't need any Pro version.

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Can both be bought through the Steam Application and will both have an unlimited license (meaning once you buy either you will have all future versions for free?)

Yes, of course.

Zoliparia wrote:
Source of the post No they make you have to pay more for things that should have been included as standard. Example: (EA: DL-44 blaster. SpaceEngine 0.990: screenshots with transparency.)

I'm curious what your criteria are for judging what should be part of the standard release vs. what is permissible for DLC.

vlad01 wrote:
Source of the post Will the pro version address copyright issues with the music on youtube as it does with the current version?

There's nothing that SE can do about that, that's all down to YouTube's content ID system.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.990

18 Feb 2019 23:52

HarbingerDawn, what about textures that have been exported from the old SE? Do they become illegal or just those who have been created after the release of version 0.990?
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 06:09

Thanks, I was wondering if I should get the Pro version, not for commercial purposes since I dont intend to use it for any commercial projects but to get the full suite of features that are available.

How long does the Steam approval process-release date projection take place typically? I'm not looking for a specific release date but for a window of time this kind of thing usually takes.  I would guess the release date would be somewhere in the early part of summer- is that too conservative?

Also, how would one find the program on Steam and order it? I downloaded the application but it's my first time using it.  Whether it's the Standard or Pro version do I just type "Space Engine" in the search box and when the program is available it will show up in the search results (both versions- Standard and Pro?) and then I just need to pick which version I want from there?

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 07:27

Salvo wrote:
Source of the post HarbingerDawn, what about textures that have been exported from the old SE? Do they become illegal or just those who have been created after the release of version 0.990?

The license has not changed, the restrictions and permissions are the same in 0.990 as in 0.980.

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post How long does the Steam approval process-release date projection take place typically?

It entirely depends on what feedback Valve gives when the program is reviewed and how long is needed to implement that feedback. There are also a few other factors at play, such as finishing other work that needs to be done for release (Steam store page, screenshots/trailers/splash screens, finalizing assets such as nebula and galaxy models, catalogs, texture packs, etc.), and the time it takes to do those depends on another set of factors, such as availability of team memebers to work on it, etc. Speculation is pointless, but it's not going to take a huge amount of time (few months or less).

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Also, how would one find the program on Steam and order it?

You can search for it, or just get linked to the store page directly (links will be posted when it goes live). The Pro version is not separate, it is an addon package for the base version, so there is no potential for confusion.

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 09:09

oh yes!  so there is no download necessary and I can just buy it off the store page?  Thats perfect!  I actually make my online purchases from my work computer (it's more secure) so downloading an application to make a purchase would have been a hassle.   I will buy it using the work computer but use it on my personal computer.   I just need to put my personal email on the order to make the purchase right?  And then I can use the program on my personal computer at home by signing in with that email address and delete my credit card so it doesn't show on my account before I use that account on my personal computer?  Or when I buy it off the store page do I get a serial number and user name  and a unique link that I can then use to download the program on my personal computer without the need of an email address (besides for getting the serial number and link sent there upon payment?)  That would be preferable!  It's okay if I save a second downloaded version on a flash drive in case I need to reinstall it right?

No idea on the price differences between the two versions? I might just get the Pro version if the difference isn't a lot.  Will any celestial objects, textures, features, add-ons or visual effects (or the ability to add new textures, add-ons, etc.) be disabled in the Standard version? Based on what you said, I assume not.

Thank you for all your hard work and my deepest appreciation goes to you and the rest of the team!  I am going to do my best to advertise the program across social media so we can build a bigger audience!  

ipagewebsite
Observer
Observer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 12:04

Please. To make videos for youtube do I need the Pro version?

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 13:43

ipagewebsite wrote:
Source of the post To make videos for youtube do I need the Pro version?

Only if you plan to monetize
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Andromeda
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 13:49

Does 0.990 have any updates to the catalogue?

longname
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 14:35

There should be a trailer competition. One with the most votes should be the official SE trailer.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 16:38

Andromeda wrote:
Source of the post Does 0.990 have any updates to the catalogue?

Yes

longname wrote:
Source of the post There should be a trailer competition. One with the most votes should be the official SE trailer.

A launch and Steam trailer is already being worked on by a few members in the community.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 17:14

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post(wall of text)

Everything is done through your Steam account and the purchase is tied to that account.

Sion
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 17:55

I hate to be the one to ask, but am I the only one concerned that these "pro" things were once considered free in space engine?

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.990

19 Feb 2019 18:23

HarbingerDawn wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post(wall of text)

Everything is done through your Steam account and the purchase is tied to that account.

Thanks, so the Steam application needs to be downloaded even if I purchase from the store link or when using the store link can I purchase it directly from the website without needing to download the Steam app?