Ultimate space simulation software

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Work progress 0.9.8.1 = 0.9.9.0

23 Jan 2018 11:25

Hury999 wrote:
Source of the post Does terrain updates will give us forests?(if 3D trees would be peformance killer then at least sprite trees)

No, it does not add forests or any kind of 3D objects.
Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

Huntingknight
Observer
Observer

21 Feb 2018 14:02

Are ALL nebulae planned on being changed to volumetric models, or are there just going to be a bunch of new models for procedural space? As far as I could tell from the test videos, none of the nebulae being shown were real ones, but I could be wrong. So are nebulae such as Orion, Barnard's Loop, Eagle, etc nebulas going to be changed to volumetric in 0.9.9.0, or are changing all current models to volumetric more of a long term project and likely be finished for final release?

ARBB
Astronaut
Astronaut

21 Feb 2018 14:11

Huntingknight wrote:
Are ALL nebulae planned on being changed to volumetric models, or are there just going to be a bunch of new models for procedural space? As far as I could tell from the test videos, none of the nebulae being shown were real ones, but I could be wrong. So are nebulae such as Orion, Barnard's Loop, Eagle, etc nebulas going to be changed to volumetric in 0.9.9.0, or are changing all current models to volumetric more of a long term project and likely be finished for final release?

As far as I know, the only nebulaes that are volumetric are procedural ones, since we don't have a math equation describing the models for the real ones.
S M OO T H RºCªMBºLºNE