I prefer flying in s ship than a free exploration
4 (4%)

Total votes: 105

Vinny002
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

20 Aug 2017 21:07

Hi, guys! I know a lot on how to fly the space ships in SE! Space flight is much harder than you think! To slow the space ship down when in the vacuum of space, all you have to de is to turn the space ship retrograde, fire the engine and the space ship will slow down! It is just the matter of math, orbital mechanics, space physics. Just keep practicing and practice makes perfect!! I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers,
              Vincent

TheRedstoneHive
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Do you play ships?

28 Aug 2017 22:04

I only use the ships sometimes, I would use them more if there were some real spacecraft in the game like Orion, the Space Shuttle, Soyuz etc.

gamadh
Astronaut
Astronaut

Do you play ships?

17 Sep 2017 17:10

I often used the ships, however as there is no way to make a conventional interplanetary trip like creating an orbit and hope to get there so I do not use that game mode any more, after all, using warp for interstellar travel is good but I use for interplanetary travel I do not like it very much, and there is also the question of the rendezvous maneuver, it is difficult for me and I am still learning
In such a hostile universe it is not necessary be the center to be special, just be alive

Maurício Cruz
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

03 Oct 2017 14:27

To the future, we can play whith Rovers on planets and exoplanets to experience the texture of terrains?
Attachments
Rover.png
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

darth_biomech
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

28 Oct 2017 11:49

I toyed with the ships a little, but currently they are not that much fun to deal with, and there's also the fact that if you as much as move your eyes somewhere else for a bit, you risking finding your neatly parked ship to either be stuck in the planet's surface, or to be flung out of the system at a decent percent of a c.

DoctorOfSpace
World Builder
World Builder

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 00:36

darth_biomech, I use the cheat menu and debug commands to just have relaxing fully controlled flight paths instead of dealing with orbital mechanics.  
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Martin
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 05:28

DoctorOfSpace wrote:
Source of the post I use the cheat menu and debug commands to just have relaxing fully controlled flight paths instead of dealing with orbital mechanics.

How do you open the cheat menu?

JackDole
Pioneer
Pioneer

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 06:57

Martin wrote:
Source of the post How do you open the cheat menu?

You have to set the parameter 'Cheatsmenu' to true in the 'main-user.cfg'. It is located in the 'Physics' section.
Then a button appears in the ship menu.

Destructor1701
Astronaut
Astronaut

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 08:23

problemecium wrote:
Source of the post Sometimes you arrive moving at 23948273459249825034958290 km/s and are smacking into the surface before you have time to achieve orbit.

Yeah - why does this happen? The ship's autopilot jump routine syncs its spatial velocity with the target object (doesn't it?) before engaging warp, so we ought to be at a relative zero velocity upon arrival (allowing for orbital motion between departure and arrival which is understandably not predicted currently). I suppose a quick and dirty solution to this would just be to have the autopilot "goto" command set to arrive a few object radii away from the target, rather than aiming to stop at the core or the surface.

Speedademon
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 13:04

Maurício Cruz wrote:
To the future, we can play whith Rovers on planets and exoplanets to experience the texture of terrains?

I would like to see drivable rovers and walking astronauts.
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?
Carl Sagan

Martin
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

30 Oct 2017 04:47

JackDole wrote:
Source of the post You have to set the parameter 'Cheatsmenu' to true in the 'main-user.cfg'. It is located in the 'Physics' section.
Then a button appears in the ship menu.

Thanks!