I prefer flying in s ship than a free exploration
14 (9%)

Total votes: 155

Vinny002
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

20 Aug 2017 23:07

Hi, guys! I know a lot on how to fly the space ships in SE! Space flight is much harder than you think! To slow the space ship down when in the vacuum of space, all you have to de is to turn the space ship retrograde, fire the engine and the space ship will slow down! It is just the matter of math, orbital mechanics, space physics. Just keep practicing and practice makes perfect!! I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers,
              Vincent

TheRedstoneHive
Explorer
Explorer

Do you play ships?

29 Aug 2017 00:04

I only use the ships sometimes, I would use them more if there were some real spacecraft in the game like Orion, the Space Shuttle, Soyuz etc.

gamadh
Astronaut
Astronaut

Do you play ships?

17 Sep 2017 19:10

I often used the ships, however as there is no way to make a conventional interplanetary trip like creating an orbit and hope to get there so I do not use that game mode any more, after all, using warp for interstellar travel is good but I use for interplanetary travel I do not like it very much, and there is also the question of the rendezvous maneuver, it is difficult for me and I am still learning
In such a hostile universe it is not necessary be the center to be special, just be alive

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Do you play ships?

03 Oct 2017 16:27

To the future, we can play whith Rovers on planets and exoplanets to experience the texture of terrains?
Attachments
Rover.png
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

darth_biomech
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

28 Oct 2017 13:49

I toyed with the ships a little, but currently they are not that much fun to deal with, and there's also the fact that if you as much as move your eyes somewhere else for a bit, you risking finding your neatly parked ship to either be stuck in the planet's surface, or to be flung out of the system at a decent percent of a c.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 02:36

darth_biomech, I use the cheat menu and debug commands to just have relaxing fully controlled flight paths instead of dealing with orbital mechanics.  
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 07:28

I use the cheat menu and debug commands to just have relaxing fully controlled flight paths instead of dealing with orbital mechanics.
How do you open the cheat menu?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 08:57

How do you open the cheat menu?
You have to set the parameter 'Cheatsmenu' to true in the 'main-user.cfg'. It is located in the 'Physics' section.
Then a button appears in the ship menu.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Destructor1701
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 10:23

Sometimes you arrive moving at 23948273459249825034958290 km/s and are smacking into the surface before you have time to achieve orbit.
Yeah - why does this happen? The ship's autopilot jump routine syncs its spatial velocity with the target object (doesn't it?) before engaging warp, so we ought to be at a relative zero velocity upon arrival (allowing for orbital motion between departure and arrival which is understandably not predicted currently). I suppose a quick and dirty solution to this would just be to have the autopilot "goto" command set to arrive a few object radii away from the target, rather than aiming to stop at the core or the surface.

Speedademon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Do you play ships?

29 Oct 2017 15:04

To the future, we can play whith Rovers on planets and exoplanets to experience the texture of terrains?
I would like to see drivable rovers and walking astronauts.
Hi I like fraid chikin

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Do you play ships?

30 Oct 2017 06:47

You have to set the parameter 'Cheatsmenu' to true in the 'main-user.cfg'. It is located in the 'Physics' section.
Then a button appears in the ship menu.
Thanks!

NoXion
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

07 Jan 2018 00:38

I'd use the spaceships more often if they were easier to fly around in. The warp function really needs to be easier to use, I only seem to get it working by luck. Plus it should be easier to establish a stable orbit once you've arrived at your destination.

Otherwise, I just use them occasionally to look pretty.

Maurício Cruz
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Do you play ships?

15 Jan 2018 18:38

I would like to see drivable rovers and walking astronauts.
Yes, this goes to be true, recently I had cecked it :D
Pluto taught us at least how creative the universe could be (DOCUMENTARY)

ngx
Observer
Observer

Do you play ships?

24 Jan 2018 04:10

there is no way to make a conventional interplanetary trip like creating an orbit and hope to get there
Actually, you can do that pretty well in Space Engine, I do it quite often. You can even use gravity assist, atmosphere breaking, orbiter-lander docking etc. However, it is not trivial to get to stable orbit or fly in planets' atmospheres, shuttle behaves according to atm. pressure and gravity and other things. SE is not far from physics simulator. There are a few good other games on market which you can use for training (I don't know if I can name here, KSP...). Flying ships in SE is very much fun and relaxation, it just needs some practice. Fortunately, joystick support is very good, it took me some time to set it up properly, but works just fine.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Do you play ships?

24 Jan 2018 18:03

I am in the middle OFTEN/SOMETIMES.  I would be disappointed if either option was limited. More real ships and I too want to see the rovers as well.. I use ships often, but get frustrated when I have a ship in a stable orbit and am doing something else that many times especially if the game ever freezes your ships are nowhere near where you had their orbit set too. This holds true to long journeys using slower ships when I let the computer run for days. If I am in a stable orbit or trajectory I would like to come back and find the ships as I expect.. I would use them more if there was a way to fix that drifting bug, or when its implemented. For instance if I land a ship on the moon I want it to stay where I left it until I remove it or move it. Also having a feature that you could turn on and off that sets fuel limits to certain classes of ships and allows you to see what you have left, or not have the option as now tor infinite fuel.  I would use them a lot more if I could place satellites and stations in fixed or permanent orbits, and a way to add real mods like the ISS that are always where they should be, hubble, voyager ect. Being able to pre dock on ground and send up payloads ect.. More options. But I still use them very often... And Doctor of Space thanks for the cheat mode, I didn't know about that. I prefer to be lazy at times so I am going to try that one. Rovers would definitely make things a lot more interesting as would under water procedural terrain and submersible ships to explore oceaiana planets since we can now already go under water. One feature that is missing that I am disappointed about and hope to see added is the ability for atmospheric ship/planes to have an auto pilot option that you and hold your speed and altitude at the same time.. I downloaded the warp planes addons with the bowing 747s and wanted to fly across the U.S. and a couple other planets at cruising altitude of 25 30k feet and while you can hold altitude; As long as your main engines are on you will continue to gains speed. So you have to constantly adjust engines to not crash or fly out of the atmosphere at supersonic speeds bc your engines are left on.... Don't know if this is possible, but to just set back and fly over terrain at a constant speed and height and enjoy the scenery from low altitude would be very cool, and be a great addition to making ships and shuttles a more enjoyable experience. Just set back and watch.