Free planetarium

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot

Translators

20 May 2017 05:05

Is there anyone translating the new updates for Finnish language, I have seen that in 0.981 version many translations are missing. How should I do this and is there a way to translate object names? The Sun for example is called "Aurinko" in Finnish how can I translate it? Should I change it from "Sun/Sol" to "Aurinko/Sol" or something like that and how exactly? Also do letters "å" "ä" and "ö" work in object names?

ephu
Space Tourist

Translators

20 May 2017 07:36

Hello, I can translate SpaceEngine to Hindi (490million speakers) and Tamil (77million speakers).  
Tamil is my mother tounge, and Hindi is what I learnt at school.   
Are there any plans for an Hindi/Tamil version? If so, I could help!   

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot

Translators

21 May 2017 13:30

ephu wrote:
Hello, I can translate SpaceEngine to Hindi (490million speakers) and Tamil (77million speakers).  

Hello, I am not the topic author but I guess I may ask you a question that might help you with the topic considering object names. What do you call the main planets like Mars, Jupiter and Neptune in Hindi? Do people use names of Hindu gods for them? If they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.

Sorry if this is not an issue at all and the main planets have completely different type of names in Hindi.

ephu
Space Tourist

Translators

21 May 2017 21:33

Permian Therapsid wrote:
ephu wrote:

Hello, I am not the topic author but I guess I may ask you a question that might help you with the topic considering object names. What do you call the main planets like Mars, Jupiter and Neptune in Hindi? Do people use names of Hindu gods for them? If they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.

Sorry if this is not an issue at all and the main planets have completely different type of names in Hindi.

Thats a very important question, and yes, some of them are named after mythology. Neptune is "Varun".    
Mercury to neptune goes like budh, shukr, prithwi, mangal, brihaspati sani, arun, varun.    
I'll try to search for clashes.

XBrain130
Space Pilot

Translators

21 May 2017 21:48

Permian Therapsid wrote:
Source of the post f they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.

I'm pretty sure that happens only when the English names are the same.

ephu
Space Tourist

Translators

22 May 2017 00:38

So, where do I start? Is there a list of words to be translated?

ephu
Space Tourist

Translators

08 Jun 2017 08:54

ephu wrote:
So, where do I start? Is there a list of words to be translated?

anyone there?

Mosfet
Pioneer

Translators

08 Jun 2017 12:30

You just need to pick up a copy of GUI translation file, let's say data\locale\ind-gui.cfg, rename it in hin-gui.cfg, then start translating english terms you find there.
That is if you don't need Unicode fonts, not yet supported by Space Engine.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods - My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Martin
Observer

Translators

17 Jun 2017 16:13

I can help for the french translation.