Free planetarium

abakr99
Observer
Observer

Translators

11 Jul 2017 11:03

Encoding must be Windows-XXXX. Make sure that your language have such encoding. Languages with more than 128 national characters does not (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic). Currently SE supports only these code pages, because SE needs a pre-drawn font textures to render fonts:

So translating to Arabic isn't possible in Space Engine currently? 
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700T 2.8GHz 4-core - Ram: 8GB DDR4 at 2133MHz - 1 DIMM - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 4GB GDDR5

abakr99
Observer
Observer

Translators

11 Jul 2017 11:46

SpaceEngineer wrote:
Hi guys, thank for offer! You can do translation as like Mosfet said, by simply copying and renaming any existing location file, open it in Notepad++ and starting replacing text lines. Localization files are located in the data/locale/ folder and are named language-gui.cfg

The important thing is that SE uses ANSI encoding, so you must select the code page corresponding to your language in the menu:

code.png

Encoding must be Windows-XXXX. Make sure that your language have such encoding. Languages with more than 128 national characters does not (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic). Currently SE supports only these code pages, because SE needs a pre-drawn font textures to render fonts:

Windows-1250
Windows-1251
Windows-1252
Windows-1254

And you should specify it in the beginning of the locale file:
FontConfig "win1251.cfg"

If you need some other code page, make me know, I can draw one using my Photoshop templates.

Menu textures does not need a translation, in 0.981 they are removed and replaced with a hi-resolution font texture (and the text on buttons are now in the locale file).

Names of a celestial objects are saved in a different file, language-db.cfg, and are more complex to add. Open any existing file to see the format. But you can do this in-game: select an object, open Wiki for it (press [I]), and click "Edit". Enter the name, check the "Real object", type some description if you wish, and click "Save". SE saves changes to language-db.cfg file, making a backup file language-db.bak first. You may revert changes by renaming language-db.bak, but keep in mind that this file got overwritten in the new SE session (ie after restart of SE).

If you are going to edit the language-db.cfg file manually in Notepad++, make sure you setup the same encoding for your language as for locale file language-gui.cfg.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700T 2.8GHz 4-core - Ram: 8GB DDR4 at 2133MHz - 1 DIMM - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 4GB GDDR5

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

11 Jul 2017 12:05

abakr99 wrote:
SpaceEngineer wrote:
Hi guys, thank for offer! You can do translation as like Mosfet said, by simply copying and renaming any existing location file, open it in Notepad++ and starting replacing text lines. Localization files are located in the data/locale/ folder and are named language-gui.cfg

The important thing is that SE uses ANSI encoding, so you must select the code page corresponding to your language in the menu:

code.png

Windows-1250
Windows-1251
Windows-1252
Windows-1254

And you should specify it in the beginning of the locale file:
FontConfig "win1251.cfg"

If you need some other code page, make me know, I can draw one using my Photoshop templates.

Menu textures does not need a translation, in 0.981 they are removed and replaced with a hi-resolution font texture (and the text on buttons are now in the locale file).

Names of a celestial objects are saved in a different file, language-db.cfg, and are more complex to add. Open any existing file to see the format. But you can do this in-game: select an object, open Wiki for it (press [I]), and click "Edit". Enter the name, check the "Real object", type some description if you wish, and click "Save". SE saves changes to language-db.cfg file, making a backup file language-db.bak first. You may revert changes by renaming language-db.bak, but keep in mind that this file got overwritten in the new SE session (ie after restart of SE).

If you are going to edit the language-db.cfg file manually in Notepad++, make sure you setup the same encoding for your language as for locale file language-gui.cfg.

Yes, unfortunately. Arabic translators need to wait a bit.
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

abakr99
Observer
Observer

Translators

11 Jul 2017 12:46

Alright thanks for the info 

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

11 Jul 2017 15:55

abakr99 wrote:
Alright thanks for the info 

No problem, mate! :)
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |

Martin
Observer
Observer

Translators

15 Jul 2017 13:19

And after the translation what do we do? 

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

15 Jul 2017 15:11

Martin wrote:

Submit it here or pm SpaceEngineer. At least that's what I will do xD

Martin
Observer
Observer

Translators

17 Jul 2017 13:37

Marko S. wrote:
Martin wrote:

Submit it here or pm SpaceEngineer. At least that's what I will do xD

Okay thanks :)

pfjarschel
Observer
Observer

Translators

19 Jul 2017 08:59

Late for the party, but I can help with brazilian portuguese (PT-BR) as well! Also, depending on the general interest, I can translate my Flight School Manual!

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

20 Jul 2017 02:44

davidrn wrote:
Source of the post So, It'd be okay if I just upload the -gui file of each language?

Yes.
Marko S. wrote:
Source of the post there is Latin and Cyrillic Serbian. Is it problem if you make two options in the language bar?

You can make two translation, calling them ser-lat and ser-cyr for example.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

20 Jul 2017 02:46

pfjarschel wrote:
Source of the post Late for the party, but I can help with brazilian portuguese (PT-BR) as well! Also, depending on the general interest, I can translate my Flight School Manual!

SE does not have Brazil website... It would be cool if someone translate it to Russian :)

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

20 Jul 2017 03:11

SpaceEngineer wrote:
Source of the post You can make two translation, calling them ser-lat and ser-cyr for example.

Okay, thanks! :) When I finish translating, in which version is it going to be included? Does it depend on my timing or You are going to ask for tranlations if they are ready? Because I don't want to mess things up.
And also, do I need to translate just eng-db.cfg? And eng-menu.png is that high resolution texture you were talking about? 

JackDole
Pioneer
Pioneer

Translators

20 Jul 2017 03:37

Marko S. wrote:
Source of the post When I finish translating, in which version is it going to be included?

If you make two translations ('ser-lat-gui.cfg' and 'ser-cyr-gui.cfg'), they are both included.

Marko S. wrote:
Source of the post And also, do I need to translate just eng-db.cfg?

You do not have to translate the 'eng-db.cfg' file, but you can do it. You can also add your own contributions, for example information on asteroids and so on. If you make two transitions, call it 'ser-lat-db.cfg' and 'ser-cyr-db.cfg'

Marko S. wrote:
Source of the post And eng-menu.png is that high resolution texture you were talking about?

The menu pictures will not be needed in the next version of SE.

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

20 Jul 2017 03:43

JackDole wrote:
Source of the post If you make two translations ('ser-lat-gui.cfg' and 'ser-cyr-gui.cfg'), they are both included.

Thanks for info! :) but I was asking in which version of SE is it going to be included, like if I finish it soon would it be in 9.81 and if I finish it late, would it be in another?

JackDole
Pioneer
Pioneer

Translators

20 Jul 2017 06:40

Marko S.,
if you have completed the translations on time, they are probably added to SE 0.981. If you finished the translations later, then of course in a later version.