Ultimate space simulation software

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Translators

20 May 2017 07:05

Is there anyone translating the new updates for Finnish language, I have seen that in 0.981 version many translations are missing. How should I do this and is there a way to translate object names? The Sun for example is called "Aurinko" in Finnish how can I translate it? Should I change it from "Sun/Sol" to "Aurinko/Sol" or something like that and how exactly? Also do letters "å" "ä" and "ö" work in object names?

ephu
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

20 May 2017 09:36

Hello, I can translate SpaceEngine to Hindi (490million speakers) and Tamil (77million speakers).  
Tamil is my mother tounge, and Hindi is what I learnt at school.   
Are there any plans for an Hindi/Tamil version? If so, I could help!   

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Translators

21 May 2017 15:30

Hello, I can translate SpaceEngine to Hindi (490million speakers) and Tamil (77million speakers).  

Hello, I am not the topic author but I guess I may ask you a question that might help you with the topic considering object names. What do you call the main planets like Mars, Jupiter and Neptune in Hindi? Do people use names of Hindu gods for them? If they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.

Sorry if this is not an issue at all and the main planets have completely different type of names in Hindi.

ephu
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

21 May 2017 23:33

Hello, I am not the topic author but I guess I may ask you a question that might help you with the topic considering object names. What do you call the main planets like Mars, Jupiter and Neptune in Hindi? Do people use names of Hindu gods for them? If they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.

Sorry if this is not an issue at all and the main planets have completely different type of names in Hindi.
Thats a very important question, and yes, some of them are named after mythology. Neptune is "Varun".    
Mercury to neptune goes like budh, shukr, prithwi, mangal, brihaspati sani, arun, varun.    
I'll try to search for clashes.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

21 May 2017 23:48

f they are, I think you should check that they would not get mixed up with names of minor planets named after Hindu gods like TNO Varuna and asteroid Siva and SpaceEngine would not try to combine them.
I'm pretty sure that happens only when the English names are the same.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

ephu
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

22 May 2017 02:38

So, where do I start? Is there a list of words to be translated?

ephu
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

08 Jun 2017 10:54

So, where do I start? Is there a list of words to be translated?
anyone there?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

08 Jun 2017 14:30

You just need to pick up a copy of GUI translation file, let's say data\locale\ind-gui.cfg, rename it in hin-gui.cfg, then start translating english terms you find there.
That is if you don't need Unicode fonts, not yet supported by Space Engine.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Martin
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

17 Jun 2017 18:13

I can help for the french translation.

furanuku77
Observer
Observer

Translators

04 Jul 2017 16:16

I speak spanish and English fluently.
I would gladly help in this awesome endeavour! I work with translations on technical manuals for the oil industry in my country (currently unemployed).

Just point me in the right direction, please.

abakr99
Observer
Observer

Translators

07 Jul 2017 11:41

I can contribute to translations in both Arabic and Turkish 
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700T 2.8GHz 4-core - Ram: 8GB DDR4 at 2133MHz - 1 DIMM - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 4GB GDDR5

davidrn
Observer
Observer

Translators

07 Jul 2017 12:11

I have plenty of translations done & almost done (I'd also want to do more if necessary): 
Basque, Danish, Estonian, Filipino, Galician, Icelandic, Irish, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian and Slovenian.
I just want to know where to post them or who I need to contact.
Also I know Korean, Hebrew and a little of Chinese, but I'll wait until charatcters are available.
I say almost done because I cannot do the menus (I do not have the font, where I can find it?)

Thanks.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
- Carl Sagan

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

09 Jul 2017 14:19

Hi guys, thank for offer! You can do translation as like Mosfet said, by simply copying and renaming any existing location file, open it in Notepad++ and starting replacing text lines. Localization files are located in the data/locale/ folder and are named language-gui.cfg

The important thing is that SE uses ANSI encoding, so you must select the code page corresponding to your language in the menu:
code.png
Encoding must be Windows-XXXX. Make sure that your language have such encoding. Languages with more than 128 national characters does not (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic). Currently SE supports only these code pages, because SE needs a pre-drawn font textures to render fonts:

Windows-1250
Windows-1251
Windows-1252
Windows-1254

And you should specify it in the beginning of the locale file:
FontConfig "win1251.cfg"

If you need some other code page, make me know, I can draw one using my Photoshop templates.

Menu textures does not need a translation, in 0.981 they are removed and replaced with a hi-resolution font texture (and the text on buttons are now in the locale file).

Names of a celestial objects are saved in a different file, language-db.cfg, and are more complex to add. Open any existing file to see the format. But you can do this in-game: select an object, open Wiki for it (press ), and click "Edit". Enter the name, check the "Real object", type some description if you wish, and click "Save". SE saves changes to language-db.cfg file, making a backup file language-db.bak first. You may revert changes by renaming language-db.bak, but keep in mind that this file got overwritten in the new SE session (ie after restart of SE).

If you are going to edit the language-db.cfg file manually in Notepad++, make sure you setup the same encoding for your language as for locale file language-gui.cfg.

davidrn
Observer
Observer

Translators

09 Jul 2017 16:17

Menu textures does not need a translation, in 0.981 they are removed and replaced with a hi-resolution font texture (and the text on buttons are now in the locale file).
So, It'd be okay if I just upload the -gui file of each language?
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
- Carl Sagan

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

09 Jul 2017 16:22

Hello Space Engineer! I would like to translate the SE in Serbian, but there is Latin and Cyrillic Serbian. Is it problem if you make two options in the language bar? Like, There is already Croatian (Hrvatski) that is similar (almost the same as Serbian) to Latin Serbian. So if I can translate SE in Cyrillic and Latin (Like two separate languages, but you can chose which one you prefer). 
There is also one other Serbian guy here that would translate and his translations would help a lot. I can also translate all of SE if he changes his mind or simply isn't active. Thanks! :D :)       
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.