Ultimate space simulation software

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

12 Dec 2017 04:48

And I couldn't find English credit file, so if somebody can send it here, I would appreciate it!
Credit file from SE 0.990 Build 10.
eng-crd.cfg
(10.52 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
But it is in the directory 'data\locale'.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

A'kast
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

13 Dec 2017 12:45

Hi again. I have been testing the beta 0.990 and I have encountered some little problems with the translation. By now it's just a matter of the planet names: In first place, the adjectives like "airless", "ultrabaric" and this kind of things appear before the class, like "Airless cold subterra", which is normal, but the problem is that in Catalan (as well as in Spanish and other languages) the adjectives usually go after the names, so when translated to Catalan "Airless cold subterra" should be "Subterra freda anatmosfèrica" but it appears as "Anatmosfèrica freda subterra". I guess this didn't happen before because in the old version, I had to translate the whole strings like "Cold terra" -> "Terra freda", but in this version I have to translate the names and adjectives as separate strings. Is there a way to tell the game to put the name before the adjectives depending on the language?

The other problem I have had regarding planet class names is that "Titan" in my language is masculine, but "Aquaria", which is a sub-class of titan, is femenine, so when you encounter an aquaria in-game it has masculine adjectives.

I am still testing the new things in the beta (amazing work by the way :P) so if I come across something else I will let you know.
Bernat Soler Artigues
(A'kast / Meridia Arianensis)
Catalan Translation
i5-8600k; 16GB-DDR4; GTX1060-6GB
i5-4460; 8GB-DDR3; 730GT-2GB

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

13 Dec 2017 15:43

What about credit files? They need to be updated too since new translations are going to be in the next release. I didn't even translate credit files. Or they are already updated? And I couldn't find English credit file, so if somebody can send it here, I would appreciate it! 
I will make a localization for them somehow. At least text like "Textures", "Music" etc will be replaced with a traslated one from the loc-gui.cfg file.
I am also working on a configurable main menu layout, so main menu script also must be localized somehow.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

13 Dec 2017 15:50

Is there a way to tell the game to put the name before the adjectives depending on the language?
This has been discussed in the new planet classification thread. I will add support of a custom word order and some parameters to the localization file. For now, translate them as if this system already implemented.
The other problem I have had regarding planet class names is that "Titan" in my language is masculine, but "Aquaria", which is a sub-class of titan, is femenine, so when you encounter an aquaria in-game it has masculine adjectives.
SE already provides all genders for the words. You have to translate them:
"frigid#masculine"		"frigid"
"frigid#feminine"		"frigid"
"frigid#neuter"			"frigid"
"airless#masculine"		"airless"
"airless#feminine"		"airless"
"airless#neuter"		"airless"
And then specify the noun gender in the beginning of the file:
GenderTitan		"neuter" // or "masculine" or "feminine"
GenderNeptune		"neuter"
GenderJupiter		"neuter"
Use the rus-gui.cfg file as a reference - it provides translation for all genders (so you can copy-paste the complete list of words).

A'kast
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

13 Dec 2017 21:30

Problem solved! Somehow the text file I was editing didn't have the line GenderAquaria. I just added it and set it to the correct gender and it works fine
Bernat Soler Artigues
(A'kast / Meridia Arianensis)
Catalan Translation
i5-8600k; 16GB-DDR4; GTX1060-6GB
i5-4460; 8GB-DDR3; 730GT-2GB

DavidChiron
Observer
Observer

Translators

14 Dec 2017 11:49

I could help with french translation

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

14 Dec 2017 12:29

I added a new BB-code to the scripts, which is used for translations. So now the creadits file could be translated easily. First, the needed text is enclosed by the BB-code:

[LOC]Programmers[/LOC]

The localization file now have a new section - ScriptTranslations (it is probably will be per script). Add the translation to the word there:

"Programmers"   "Программисты"

Before displaying the script text (in this example - the credits file), SE will replace text [LOC]Programmers[/LOC] with Программисты everywhere.

I updated the Russian localization file using this system (I even translated my own name - it is easy now!):
scr01114.jpg
So the question to translators - should I translate language names and planet names, which are present in the credits script? It seems a lot of work for you guys...

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

14 Dec 2017 12:36

BTW, the same system is applied to tutorials. So you just have to translate a large bunch of new string in the localization file. In the next update, rus-gui.cfg will be a good example to start with.

SE don't type an error message if some string is missing in the new ScriptTranslations section (because it have to run all scripts to determine that), so it will be easy to miss some new translations in future updates. SE displays the non-translated (English) text in this case. It also don't type a warning if a garbage (obsolete translations) is found there. Just like in old versions of SE...

AlandXaled
Observer
Observer

Translators

15 Dec 2017 14:01

I'm From Kurdistan...Which The Language There Is Kurdish, And A Lots Of People There Interested In Space Engine But Because Of The Language...They Can't Understand The Program Properly, So I Want To Help You For The Kurdish Language
Example Of The Language
Welcome=بەخێربێن

JCandeias
Astronaut
Astronaut

Translators

15 Dec 2017 18:12

So, where or when do you think us translators will have access to that sample file in order to get the new versions of the localizations going? I'm finally finishing the last job in these crazy few months of mine (the next one is already determined, but the deadline is distant), so I'll be having time to devote to SE at least during the remainder of this month and in January.

(also, the new guy working with the brazilian localization seems to be a pretty good addition to the team; solid progress has been made)
My addons are to be found at JCandeias' Ships

Current count: 2

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

15 Dec 2017 19:00

should I translate language names and planet names
For language names, well we indeed translated them in ita-crd.cfg, I don't think it's a big deal. Planet names usually are translated into the xxx-db.cfg file, as "LocName", isn't it? We just need to provide a translation for all objects with textures... ummm...
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Alivik
Observer
Observer

Translators

09 Jul 2018 12:04

I'm somewhat confused how to start with a new translation. From what I've read on this thread it seems like 0.9.8.0 and 0.9.9.0 have quite a lot of differences (planet categorisation, credits, etc) so should I start translating my existing version and include/edit new stuff as it is released or can I start with the new version right away?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

09 Jul 2018 15:28

I'm somewhat confused how to start with a new translation. From what I've read on this thread it seems like 0.9.8.0 and 0.9.9.0 have quite a lot of differences (planet categorisation, credits, etc) so should I start translating my existing version and include/edit new stuff as it is released or can I start with the new version right away?
Of course you can start with the current file.
But here is my german file for SE 0.990.
ger-gui.cfg
(76.66 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
You only have to replace the German term with your terms. And if necessary change the FontConfig.
You can then publish your files here. You may need to use Pastebin to publish your files as you can not yet make any attachments here. (You can only do that if you have at least 10 posts.)

However, there are likely to be some changes and some terms added, until the official release of SE 0.990.
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

11 Jan 2019 02:32

Here is my current german translation file:
ger-gui.cfg
(168.57 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Or you can also use the Russian version:
rus-gui.cfg
(152.67 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
It is for SE version 0.990.19.1510 beta.
If you intend to work as a translator, you can do that. All you have to do is replace the German/Russian strings with strings in your own language.
And if necessary, the 'FontConfig' must be changed.

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

13 Mar 2019 13:21

I can help for french translation, if needed. 

On the other hand, how about translate the site ? Like Home, Download and Manual pages ? Is there any project about this ? I'm asking this because I know most of my compatriots aren't good at english, so...