Ultimate space simulation software

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

14 Mar 2019 02:39

I can help for french translation, if needed.
Here is the last French language file made by user 'Voekoevaka' and a text file with missing strings and one with obsolete strings.
In addition, the current Russian language file, for comparison.
There have been a few other changes that need to be made.
For example the translations for the 'Main menu' and the 'Credits'. And of course the 'Tutorials'!
fra-gui.cfg
(51.35 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
fra-missing.txt
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
fra-obsolate.txt
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
rus-gui.cfg
(168.66 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

14 Mar 2019 14:42

Ok, I finished translate the "missing" strings. How can I send them ?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

15 Mar 2019 01:24

How can I send them ?
That's a problem. You can only attach files here if you have made at least 10 posts.
But you could possibly use a file hosting service, for example 'Google Drive', and then just post the link here.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

15 Mar 2019 02:39

Jean203, I removed limitations from your account, now you can attach files and create threads.

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

17 Mar 2019 10:41

Thanks ! So here's the translated file. However, some words were hard to translate without the context, especially the commands ones (for the VR and the interface), so if someone could check it that would be better.

I will attack the translation of the tutorials soon, how do I have to write it ? On a .txt file with the english equivalent on the side ?

And I will check first the "obsolate" file, but at first glance it doesn't seem that obsolate...
Attachments
fra-not-missing-anymore-by-Jean203.txt
(28.86 KiB) Downloaded 482 times

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

18 Mar 2019 03:55

Tutorial text is in the bottom of the rus-gui.cfg. All gui files must have the same structure.

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

18 Mar 2019 13:49

Ok, I started translate the tutorial. And about the Manual page on the site ? Are you interested in me translating it ?

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

18 Mar 2019 17:29

Manual will be updated after release, so better to wait. If you mean all addon creation manuals, translating them is a lot of work!

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

19 Mar 2019 09:26

Yeah, I meant all addon creation manuals !

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

24 Mar 2019 10:53

Here is my translation for the tutorials, I added it at the end of the "french" file (as it was done for russian)

I'll start the translation of the addon manual soon. So how do I write it ? As for the tutorials, sentence by sentence, with english first and french after ?
Attachments
fra-gui.cfg
(151.13 KiB) Downloaded 461 times

MxDem
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Translators

05 Jun 2019 18:02

Hello.

Spanish Translator from Mexico here. Thanks for taking me in :)

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

06 Jun 2019 19:10

Jean203, I found tons errors in your translation!

First, you forgot the very important thing: opening tag before the tutorail translations:
// List of default (English) text strings and their translations.
ScriptTranslations
{
Without this, tutorial translations simply will not work! Did you ever tested them in SE?

Second, you didn't translated the menu strings. Look the rus-gui.cfg, they are typed before tutorials in the same ScriptTranslations { } section.

Third, you can't use double quote " inside the string. The double quote is a string delimiter. You translated string is ended at cliquez sur, and after the quote you got a syntax error. You can use a single quote ' instead.
"You may share the selected location by clicking the Share button. Currently available options include copying the code of the location to the clipboard. You may later paste it to the web forum or messenger." "Pour partager l'emplacement sélectionné, cliquez sur "Partager" et sélectionnez "Copier l'URL dans le Presse-papiers". Ensuite, vous pourrez ensuite coller le code dans un forum Web ou une messagerie."
Always inspect the system/se.log file for any possible errors:
[MT] Loading script "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg"
[MT] "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg" line 1483: ERROR: Syntax error ''URL'
[MT] "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg" line 1486: ERROR: Syntax error ':'
[MT] "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg" line 1486: ERROR: Syntax error 'йpart'
[MT] "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg" line 1578: ERROR: Syntax error 'йan'
[MT] "data/locale/fra-gui.cfg" line 1594: ERROR: Syntax error 'йfaut"."'
[MT] WARNING: seStringStorage::SetLocalization(): GenderPlanet parameter not found
[MT] WARNING: seStringStorage::SetLocalization(): GenderAquaria parameter not found
[MT] 1277 localization strings loaded
[MT] WARNING: loc.SetLocalization(): Translation not found for some strings:
--------------------
"Stellar barycenter"
"Planetary barycenter"
"Planetary barycenters"
"Asteroidal barycenter"
"Spacecraft#plural"
"Structure"
"Artifact"
"Constellation"
"Waypoint"
Fourth, the latter is a list of untranslated strings in the log file. If they are translated, this error may be caused by forgotten " (or one extra "). If they were not translated, you may simply copy them from the log file to the localization file and add translation.

By the way, locations from the F6 menu name probably should not be translated (example: Pluton : départ de la sonde Nouveaux Horizons). They are displayed in English to everyone, and this will confuse players.

I see you have a mix of double quotes, single quotes and angular quotes ( « tempérée » ), and redundant spaces. Is this a pure google translation?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

08 Jun 2019 04:19

Looking back at the thread, I believe that Jean203 used material that JackDole previously provided here, and he/she doesn't have access to the Steam Beta. Last activity of this user was March, 24.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

08 Jun 2019 08:26

I made a new thread for translations, with explanation how to do them. There is also a link to the zip archive with updated localization files (the latest version).

http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=534&p=29455#p29455

French actually need just 1% of work, the most important is translation of the main menu.

Jean203
Observer
Observer

Translators

08 Jul 2019 09:13

1. For the tag, you're right ! Sorry...
2. I didn't see it in the file I translated and didn't check for the russian file, you're right again. 
3. For the double quotes, it wasn't deliberate, but you're right, I have missed some. And you're right, I didn't check for errors.
4. No, this is not a google translation even if I used it sometimes. For the untranslated strings, I only translated what I was asked for, so... 
I'm sorry if I did a bad job, I only wanted to help, I can check back my files if you want to (but I see french translation is 100% complete, so maybe that's too late). @Mosfet, indeed, I couldn't connect for a while so I didn't see your messages earlier.