Ultimate space simulation software

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

20 Jul 2017 09:26

Marko S., you have many months before 0.981 release.

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

20 Jul 2017 16:34

Okay, now I feel more comfortable. I will do the best translation I can. Don't know if it would take twice as much time for Cyrillic and Latin translations, but that's okay with me. :) I didn't want to be in a translation group until I finish at least 1/5 of the one translation, but okay. 
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

DeathStar
Astronaut
Astronaut

Translators

26 Jul 2017 13:08

Okay, now I feel more comfortable. I will do the best translation I can. Don't know if it would take twice as much time for Cyrillic and Latin translations, but that's okay with me. :) I didn't want to be in a translation group until I finish at least 1/5 of the one translation, but okay. 
Hey, another Serb :) . If you didn't notice yet, I've posted my own translation some time ago in the translations thread, so you can save yourself the trouble of having to start everything from the beginning and just download it and update it/fix it up. I was unable to update the translation for the latest Beta version due to personal time constraints, but I'll probably be back in action by the end of August. 

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

26 Jul 2017 14:42

Hey, another Serb :) . If you didn't notice yet, I've posted my own translation some time ago in the translations thread, so you can save yourself the trouble of having to start everything from the beginning and just download it and update it/fix it up. I was unable to update the translation for the latest Beta version due to personal time constraints, but I'll probably be back in action by the end of August. 
Wow! I thought that you aren't active! But I already finished 300 lines And looked all of the gui file and planned everything. My gui file has 1315 lines of words from Russian gui + All of the description of planets and other celestial objects. I looked up yours and and looks like you have some quotes. I started Cyrillic translation since I thought that others would translate in Latin. Well, that's big down for me :( I will change some of your mistakes or typos. And you didn't credit yourself in it. I will add your name in that gui. Maybe I should start all again in Latin? I really don't know.
Well, you should have told me that earlier as soon as you saw my translation. And I started few days ago and you see how I would finish translation in a week or so. In the first day I finished 225 lines and then I was lazy. I will upload my description file for objects in space. Tell me what you think. I feel like I wasted my time.
But, anyway, I will still finish my translation and you compare it to yours.
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |

DeathStar
Astronaut
Astronaut

Translators

26 Jul 2017 16:39

Wow! I thought that you aren't active! But I already finished 300 lines And looked all of the gui file and planned everything. My gui file has 1315 lines of words from Russian gui + All of the description of planets and other celestial objects. I looked up yours and and looks like you have some quotes. I started Cyrillic translation since I thought that others would translate in Latin. Well, that's big down for me  I will change some of your mistakes or typos. And you didn't credit yourself in it. I will add your name in that gui. Maybe I should start all again in Latin? I really don't know.
Well, you should have told me that earlier as soon as you saw my translation. And I started few days ago and you see how I would finish translation in a week or so. In the first day I finished 225 lines and then I was lazy. I will upload my description file for objects in space. Tell me what you think. I feel like I wasted my time.
Sorry. I was on vacation for some time now and honestly haven't visited the forum for several weeks due to a spotty internet connection. At least your time wasn't entirely wasted - I haven't translated any of the object descriptions so it's good that you have that covered. Also, you might have made some word translations better than me, and if so, you can replace those from my translation.

As for latin, I'm honestly not sure if it's even necessary. For all intents and purposes, the croatian translation is more or less the same thing, except for the dialect being different.

Again, I would have definitely informed you earlier, but I didn't really visit this forum much lately due to personal time constraints and a weak internet connection.  

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

26 Jul 2017 16:58

Wow! I thought that you aren't active! But I already finished 300 lines And looked all of the gui file and planned everything. My gui file has 1315 lines of words from Russian gui + All of the description of planets and other celestial objects. I looked up yours and and looks like you have some quotes. I started Cyrillic translation since I thought that others would translate in Latin. Well, that's big down for me  I will change some of your mistakes or typos. And you didn't credit yourself in it. I will add your name in that gui. Maybe I should start all again in Latin? I really don't know.
Sorry. I was on vacation for some time now and honestly haven't visited the forum for several weeks due to a spotty internet connection. At least your time wasn't entirely wasted - I haven't translated any of the object descriptions so it's good that you have that covered. Also, you might have made some word translations better than me, and if so, you can replace those from my translation.
Again, I would have definitely informed you earlier, but I didn't really visit this forum much lately due to personal time constraints and a weak internet connection.  
Well, I actually didn't translate the info. But I will translate all of it tomorrow so that I can feel that I haven't wasted my time translating gui file. And I will even add info for other objects as Andormeda, Milky way, Kepler, All of the Solar system, asteroids and other... And what do you think of Latin Serbian in SE? Like, if someone wants Latin for some reason, he could change to it. And now I am more familiar with gui file translating it and can replace some words. I even found some for luminosity and brightness. Like, you translated it with same word, which is true, but luminosity can also mean how much light the star transmitted. So I translated it little bit different that it can be made a difference. When 9.81 comes out, I will translate the rest of update. Anyway, it's good that there is at least 2 Serbs here lol. And you have probably more experience than me in vocabulary, so, check often my gui file. I just feel bad that I didn't join earlier even if I found SE forum long, long ago. Anyway, that's it and I hope you spent good few weeks. 

styrax
Observer
Observer

Translators

06 Aug 2017 15:50

Hi guys, thank for offer! You can do translation as like Mosfet said, by simply copying and renaming any existing location file, open it in Notepad++ and starting replacing text lines. Localization files are located in the data/locale/ folder and are named language-gui.cfg

The important thing is that SE uses ANSI encoding, so you must select the code page corresponding to your language in the menu:

code.png

Encoding must be Windows-XXXX. Make sure that your language have such encoding. Languages with more than 128 national characters does not (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic). Currently SE supports only these code pages, because SE needs a pre-drawn font textures to render fonts:

Windows-1250
Windows-1251
Windows-1252
Windows-1254

And you should specify it in the beginning of the locale file:
FontConfig "win1251.cfg"

If you need some other code page, make me know, I can draw one using my Photoshop templates.

Menu textures does not need a translation, in 0.981 they are removed and replaced with a hi-resolution font texture (and the text on buttons are now in the locale file).

Names of a celestial objects are saved in a different file, language-db.cfg, and are more complex to add. Open any existing file to see the format. But you can do this in-game: select an object, open Wiki for it (press ), and click "Edit". Enter the name, check the "Real object", type some description if you wish, and click "Save". SE saves changes to language-db.cfg file, making a backup file language-db.bak first. You may revert changes by renaming language-db.bak, but keep in mind that this file got overwritten in the new SE session (ie after restart of SE).

If you are going to edit the language-db.cfg file manually in Notepad++, make sure you setup the same encoding for your language as for locale file language-gui.cfg.

So translating to Arabic isn't possible in Space Engine currently?

Yes, unfortunately. Arabic translators need to wait a bit.

Is there a schedule to change the encoding and make the Arabic/Chinese/Japanese/etc. translations possible?

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Translators

06 Aug 2017 15:59

Is there a schedule to change the encoding and make the Arabic/Chinese/Japanese/etc. translations possible?
I can't answer that. You should ask Space Engineer and see what he will say. My opinion is that it will be implemented to the game in one of the next versions. So that it can support 128 national characters for those languages. I don't understand much of it, but as I said, you can ask him or wait for someone else to reply.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Translators

10 Aug 2017 04:32

No schedule. Adding support of those languages require implementing Unicode and custom TTF fonts, and also alternate writing direction (for Arabic). Not in priority, sorry (90% of market is USA and Europe anyway).

Ignis
Observer
Observer

Translators

19 Aug 2017 07:31

Russian translator reporting.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

19 Aug 2017 10:12

The programmer of SpaceEngine (SpaceEngineer = Vladimir Romanyuk) is Russian !
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Ignis
Observer
Observer

Translators

19 Aug 2017 12:13

The programmer of SpaceEngine (SpaceEngineer = Vladimir Romanyuk) is Russian !
Yes, I've figured that out later after some reading at the forum (basically found russian gamedev link) 
Still, I am willing to help :)

Mihai Morar
Observer
Observer

Translators

30 Aug 2017 09:41

Hello! Romanian translator here! I'd like to have the v.0.981 ''ro-gui.cfg'' file in order to translate the new terms.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Translators

31 Aug 2017 15:14

I'd like to have the v.0.981 ''ro-gui.cfg'' file in order to translate the new terms.
Here is the 'ro-gui.cfg'. I have removed obsolete strings and added the missing ones. It only works with SE 0.990 build 10.
ro-gui.cfg
(46.45 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Mihai Morar
Observer
Observer

Translators

31 Aug 2017 15:25

Thanks! :D