TheRedstoneHive
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

History of SpaceEngine

02 Sep 2017 15:57

HarbingerDawn wrote:
TheRedstoneHive wrote:

It has never taken that long.

What about the VERY old versions that were not ever publicly released?
Also, how come when I try to download an old version of SE off of this thread this happens:
Untitled.png

A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder

History of SpaceEngine

02 Sep 2017 21:05

Hi, does anyone have an older version of SE that I can use on my laptop?  My laptop only supports up to Open GL 2.1, so ideally I would like to have the latest version of SE that uses Open GL 2.1.  Starry Night Pro Plus 7 and Stellarium 0.15.2 run fine on it.

A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder

History of SpaceEngine

02 Sep 2017 21:08

Danielmas wrote:
Absolutely awesome! I run 0.85 (patch) version  with r_IgnoreFBO enabled and I can run the Space Engine on Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD without graphics glitches (apart from it making only a few frames per second)! Perfect! (see attached images)

That's the graphics chip in my laptop- is that the latest version of SE that uses Open GL 2.1?

Cooleo8bit
Observer
Observer

History of SpaceEngine

04 Sep 2017 20:11

TheRedstoneHive wrote:
HarbingerDawn wrote:
TheRedstoneHive wrote:

Also, how come when I try to download an old version of SE off of this thread this happens:
Untitled.png

yea ive noticed that aswell. maybe there was a google drive link error or something. also about versions like 0.6 etc.. dont expect them to
release those versions (if they still exist) because they are most likely debug heavy builds not to mention the instability. aswell they probobly
are privately used for Space Engineers nastalgia needs.... XD

TheRedstoneHive
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

History of SpaceEngine

04 Sep 2017 21:32

Cooleo8bit wrote:
TheRedstoneHive wrote:
HarbingerDawn wrote:

Untitled.png

yea ive noticed that aswell. maybe there was a google drive link error or something. also about versions like 0.6 etc.. dont expect them to
release those versions (if they still exist) because they are most likely debug heavy builds not to mention the instability. aswell they probobly

Yea, I hope that is fixed soon, it might be that whatever google account the files are located on have been removed or maybe the account was deleted.

A-L-E-X
World Builder
World Builder

History of SpaceEngine

05 Sep 2017 00:37

TheRedstoneHive wrote:
Cooleo8bit wrote:
TheRedstoneHive wrote:
Untitled.png

Yea, I hope that is fixed soon, it might be that whatever google account the files are located on have been removed or maybe the account was deleted.

I was trying to get version 0.85 and SE said that they were now on HD's google drive so now I'm patiently waiting for a link to that lol.
Meanwhile I did download version 0.95 but it doesn't work on my laptop- I need something earlier.

smellywilie
Observer
Observer

History of SpaceEngine

19 Sep 2017 16:25

The program in 2009 reminds me of an old 1990s Space video.
Hello, I am a man who likes to find things in the universe of Space Engine. Quasars exist...