Ultimate space simulation software

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

16 Feb 2018 22:49

Armchair wrote:
Source of the post Nope, still nothing.

You have activated 'Hide extensions for known file types' in the explorer settings.
Your file is not stored as 'TestStar.sc' but as 'TestStar.sc.txt', with the ending '.txt' invisible.

Armchair
Observer
Observer

17 Feb 2018 16:36

...welp.

Yeah, it's working now.

In my defense, I didn't activate it, it was yet another counterproductive default setting when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Thanks for your help!

Sirius
Observer
Observer

18 Feb 2018 00:08

Hi, I am a user of space engine, but I have some problems on installing patch 0.9.8.0e. I installed it, but it keeps saying it doesn't have 'zlibwape.dll' , 'SDL2.dll' , 'OpenAL32.dll' , and 'vorbisfile.dll' , so it can't install the program. How can I solve? Please solve this problem.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

18 Feb 2018 01:22

It's a patch, not an installer. You have to copy its contents on an existing installation of SpaceEngine 0980 in order to substitute the existing files.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Sirius
Observer
Observer

18 Feb 2018 02:02

Where should I copy patch0.9.8.0e in my space engine 0.9.8.0?

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

18 Feb 2018 09:11

As said in the Download page, unzip the archive in your main SpaceEngine folder and choose to overwrite the existing files.
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

keerah
Observer
Observer

20 Feb 2018 06:46

On my first use of SE I found these issues

1. Lens Flares turn on and off for each eye differently, this is very bad for a viewer. The flares also come in just in one frame, that's too harsh, in reality a flare starts appearing gradually while the light source is still off the screen.

2. Capturing video in Oculus mode with "No interface" ON still captures the interface baked in.

3. Some not nice problem with Motion Blur. When I increase time speed to high values, the glowing planets turn into white lines (which are twitchy/glitchy). With MB off this goes away. Same problem happens when I make the Stereo Base veeeeery wide, all stars turns into stretched lines, the wider the Base, the longer these lines are. (the screenshot example [color=#000000][size=100][font=Arial, sans-serif]https://yadi.sk/i/_H_mo-Em3ScBDP)[/font][/size][/color]

4. Lots of troubles with setting up controls for Space Navigator, axis selection s almost random, so I had to edit config file to change the things.

Thanks for the amazing app

Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Feb 2018 11:40

Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.47 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

this is my system, im trying to run 0.9.8.0. but it keeps stopped working.
To a Galaxy billion light-years away from a Dark World.

Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Feb 2018 11:42

[quote="Macronicus"]Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.47 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

this is my system, im trying to run 0.9.8.0. but it keeps stopped working.[/quote]

im running on a laptop.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

20 Feb 2018 14:49

Macronicus, an APU or Accelerated Processing Unit is a computer processor that merge in a single chip both CPU and GPU (graphical processing Unit), in your case a Radeon HD graphics (probably 7520g). Since it's an hybrid processor, and according to some sources not one with dual core performances, it could be the problem.
To be sure, please use pastebin.com to share here your se.log, you'll find it in your SpaceEngine /system folder.

Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Feb 2018 15:17

[quote="Mosfet"][ref]Macronicus[/ref], an APU or Accelerated Processing Unit is a computer processor that merge in a single chip both CPU and GPU (graphical processing Unit), in your case a Radeon HD graphics (probably 7520g). Since it's an hybrid processor, and according to some sources not one with dual core performances, it could be the problem.
To be sure, please use pastebin.com to share here your se.log, you'll find it in your SpaceEngine /system folder. [/quote]

You are correct that my graphics is a 7520g.
Also what's the pastebin for my se.log?

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

20 Feb 2018 15:30

pastebin.com it's a free text sharing service where you can attach the contents of your se.log. Being a newly registered user, you can't attach directly files to posts yet.

Macronicus
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Feb 2018 15:48

[quote="Mosfet"]pastebin.com it's a free text sharing service where you can attach the contents of your se.log. Being a newly registered user, you can't attach directly files to posts yet.[/quote]

Can I show my se.log here then?

HapNStance
Observer
Observer

26 Feb 2018 12:10

This seems to be a problem with Space Engine software.  When traveling over a water surface and the star near the horizon, the star's reflection continues off the water even when the star becomes hidden behind an object like a mountain or hill.  I haven't been able to find anyone else referring to this problem in the forum.  I can provide images/clips if needed.  Not sure how to do that here other than copy/paste.  SE is a great program, and I make SE You Tube videos.  SE is a beautiful program, but some viewers have noticed this minor issue.  Hope this helps.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

26 Feb 2018 13:58

HapNStance, it's a known limitation, I think it's been described back in the old forum.

Macronicus wrote:
Source of the post Can I show my se.log here then?

Yes, you can post your se.log in pastebin.com then paste the address here.