POST UPDATE ON ORBIT/DISTANCE BUG TO THE MOON.....SOLVED..... I tired a number of different scenarios and methods to roughly recreate the Apollo missions and times. I kept coming up with very unreasonable results that did not make sense considering other tests I did as well when I thought there may be an issue regarding the matter. I finally as a last result did a fresh install of SE, and tried the simulation one last time. Albeit not the exact path an course, which would be nearly impossible to duplicate in the current version, but as close as possible. For whatever reason a fresh install corrected the issue so it appears to be something strange on my end, as I began the simulation again coming up on 36 hours and am roughly where I have been when I attempted it the first few times. I have NO idea what could have caused that, as I am not a programmer but the problem does not seem to be with Space Engine. Thank you mr Abner for checking on your side, I figured if someone else was getting different results there was an error on my part somehow. But the error, turns out to be beyond my understanding, as it has resolved itself. My install was without the patch though as I have had other strange anomalies with the patch such as rendering issues with ships. Just wanted to let the community know. I would be interested in any opinions what could have caused that though, not that it makes a difference. More out of curiosity than anything. #SOLVED
Well, glad to hear you got it fixed. I have been meaning to add that I am running stock 0.9.8.0 apart from a few ships added and/or modified. I did not try the 9.8.0e version, as I never spend any time around Earth (I've seen the Earth, I have an entire Universe to explore). I was going to ask if you had that update as it did specifically mess with the Moon's orbit.