Ultimate space simulation software

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

15 Mar 2018 17:44

Although I have tried that as well, with sim results,, when i abandoned keplerian principles simply to exhaust all trial and error. I started using the complex math, and worked my way down to simple experiments. 

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

15 Mar 2018 19:25

Although I have tried that as well, with sim results,, when i abandoned keplerian principles simply to exhaust all trial and error. I started using the complex math, and worked my way down to simple experiments. 
So you don't see any orbital numbers similar to the ones as shown in my screenshots from my previous post? You launch a ship from Earth orbit and it doesn't start to slow down immediately after engine shut-down?
I'll fire up the program again tonight give an update after a few more hours of run-time.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

15 Mar 2018 19:46

Yes it does begin to slow down immediately after shut down.. With that said, slower speeds should not result in a far faster arrival time.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

16 Mar 2018 17:20

I don't know what else to try, left it running again last night. Started from where I left off the other day:
scr00722.png
Again, some numbers changed slightly, but not by a lot, and I attribute that to a loss of precision in the way S.E. stores the file.

System time is about 10h00m at the start. Checked my orbit hours later:
scr00723.png
Time is about 22h38m. If my math is correct, that is about another 12 hours into the mission. I am just over 165,000 km from the Earth, and still just over 5 days to apoapsis. Velocity has slowed to 1.72 km/s.

I'm not sure of the benefit to keep this one going any longer.

Can you post some screenshots with your numbers?

TaZuS
Observer
Observer

17 Mar 2018 12:23

When game loading, it stopping working on "Loading Generator Textures"

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

17 Mar 2018 12:38

When game loading, it stopping working on "Loading Generator Textures"
Could you please post your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the first post of this thread?
You can use https://pastebin.com/ then post the link here.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

TaZuS
Observer
Observer

17 Mar 2018 13:56

[quote="Mosfet"][quote="TaZuS"][post]19274[/post] When game loading, it stopping working on "Loading Generator Textures"[/quote]

Could you please post your [b]se.log[/b] file which is located in your [b]SpaceEngine/system/[/b] folder, as requested in the first post of this thread?
You can use [url=https://pastebin.com/]https://pastebin.com/[/url] then post the link here.[/quote]
here:
I reinstalled space engine many times, it not working even after windows reinstalling.

Insanity
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 Mar 2018 19:20

does anyone know how to fix this bug apparently caused by installing the new Intel Graphics Driver? I've tried deleting the cache, I've tried reinstalling, but nothing works for some reason. 
Attachments
2018-03-17 20_14_28-.png

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

17 Mar 2018 20:04

POST UPDATE ON ORBIT/DISTANCE BUG TO THE MOON.....SOLVED.....       I tired a number of different scenarios and methods to roughly recreate the Apollo missions and times. I kept coming up with very unreasonable results that did not make sense considering other tests I did as well when I thought there may be an issue regarding the matter. I finally as a last result did a fresh install of SE, and tried the simulation one last time. Albeit not the exact path an course, which would be nearly impossible to duplicate in the current version, but as close as possible. For whatever reason a fresh install corrected the issue so it appears to be something strange on my end, as I began the simulation again coming up on 36 hours and am roughly where I have been when I attempted it the first few times. I have NO idea what could have caused that, as I am not a programmer but the problem does not seem to be with Space Engine.  Thank you mr Abner for checking on your side, I figured if someone else was getting different results there was an error on my part somehow. But the error, turns out to be beyond my understanding, as it has resolved itself. My install was without the patch though as I have had other strange anomalies with the patch such as rendering issues with ships. Just wanted to let the community know. I would be interested in any opinions what could have caused that though, not that it makes a difference. More out of curiosity than anything. #SOLVED    

Chirag Mittal
Observer
Observer

18 Mar 2018 01:09

Hi

I usually have the bug of recording videos, whenever i try to start a video capture,the game stops working.I have tried clean install over 5 times but it doesn't seem to work

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

18 Mar 2018 01:53

POST UPDATE ON ORBIT/DISTANCE BUG TO THE MOON.....SOLVED.....       I tired a number of different scenarios and methods to roughly recreate the Apollo missions and times. I kept coming up with very unreasonable results that did not make sense considering other tests I did as well when I thought there may be an issue regarding the matter. I finally as a last result did a fresh install of SE, and tried the simulation one last time. Albeit not the exact path an course, which would be nearly impossible to duplicate in the current version, but as close as possible. For whatever reason a fresh install corrected the issue so it appears to be something strange on my end, as I began the simulation again coming up on 36 hours and am roughly where I have been when I attempted it the first few times. I have NO idea what could have caused that, as I am not a programmer but the problem does not seem to be with Space Engine.  Thank you mr Abner for checking on your side, I figured if someone else was getting different results there was an error on my part somehow. But the error, turns out to be beyond my understanding, as it has resolved itself. My install was without the patch though as I have had other strange anomalies with the patch such as rendering issues with ships. Just wanted to let the community know. I would be interested in any opinions what could have caused that though, not that it makes a difference. More out of curiosity than anything. #SOLVED    
Well, glad to hear you got it fixed. I have been meaning to add that I am running stock 0.9.8.0 apart from a few ships added and/or modified. I did not try the 9.8.0e version, as I never spend any time around Earth (I've seen the Earth, I have an entire Universe to explore). I was going to ask if you had that update as it did specifically mess with the Moon's orbit.
Bon voyage! :)

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

18 Mar 2018 04:31

does anyone know how to fix this bug apparently caused by installing the new Intel Graphics Driver? I've tried deleting the cache, I've tried reinstalling, but nothing works for some reason.
This is not a bug!
Read the system requirements on the download page. Minimum requirement is an Nvidia or AMD/ATI card. If you have an Intel card, and you're lucky, it works. Apparently you have no luck after the driver update. The only thing you can do is go back to your previous driver.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Insanity
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

18 Mar 2018 10:32

This is not a bug!
Read the system requirements on the download page. Minimum requirement is an Nvidia or AMD/ATI card. If you have an Intel card, and you're lucky, it works. Apparently you have no luck after the driver update. The only thing you can do is go back to your previous driver.
Ok thanks

Chirag Mittal
Observer
Observer

20 Mar 2018 08:36

[quote="Chirag Mittal"]Hi

I usually have the bug of recording videos, whenever i try to start a video capture,the game stops working.I have tried clean install over 5 times but it doesn't seem to work[/quote]

How do i attach the se.log file from my computer?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

20 Mar 2018 09:23

Chirag Mittal, you can use https://pastebin.com/ then paste the link to your file here.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |