Ultimate space simulation software

ngx
Observer
Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

13 Jan 2018 07:45

[quote="PlutonianEmpire"]
I've posted about this issue too, so you're not alone. :)

http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic. ... 705#p16871[/quote]

Thanx for link, too bad nobody responded to your post so far :( It seems, procedural planets have this issue too, sometimes.
(btw, why quotes doesn't work for me? I get only quoting tags in my posts, not frames...)

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

13 Jan 2018 12:16

I've posted about this issue too, so you're not alone. :)

http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic. ... 705#p16871
Thanx for link, too bad nobody responded to your post so far :( It seems, procedural planets have this issue too, sometimes.
(btw, why quotes doesn't work for me? I get only quoting tags in my posts, not frames...)
Yeah sadly I am no stranger to that lol.

As for quote tags, restrictions on new users needed to be tightened after some bots took advantage of the forum, unfortunately. You'll be able to post more normally once your post count surpasses 10 :)
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

ngx
Observer
Observer

13 Jan 2018 16:59

ok, I understand. Well, I think I'll wait for version 0.9.9.0 with my experiments. There are so many changes announced that I'm pretty sure current problems will all be obsolete :)

II_Zach_II
Observer
Observer

14 Jan 2018 02:55

I need some to help me with this stupid black block , blocking me to play

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

14 Jan 2018 20:26

help me with this stupid black block
Could you please attach your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the first post of this thread?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

15 Jan 2018 12:20

Quick question: Does SpaceEngine have a black hole catalog? 
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

15 Jan 2018 12:25

Quick question: Does SpaceEngine have a black hole catalog? 
Just found the black hole file  :lol:
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Lucileia
Observer
Observer

17 Jan 2018 13:41

ok sooo I found out about what my problem with earth so it might be the same problem but here it is.All the stars are blue but i know our sun is a yellow star is anyone can help, please do

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

17 Jan 2018 16:24

All the stars are blue but i know our sun is a yellow star is anyone can help, please do
Can you attach the se.log located under SpaceEngine/system, and/or a screenshot? 

evildrganymede
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

17 Jan 2018 19:23

I found some planemos with tidally heated moons that are so hot that they illuminate the surrounding system. However, the lighting is weird - they emit light but they don't actually seem to glow. They'll reflect the light cast from nearby super-heated "incandescent" worlds though (while not glowing themselves)  and the light they cast seems to have a distance limit related to temperature, beyond which it disappears abruptly. Thus satellites in other orbits around the planemo will only be illuminated while within the lighting range of the incandescent moon - or if the moon is close enough to the primary then that will be illuminated but if it's too far then it won't be.

Is this how it's supposed to behave or is there something not right here?

If you want to see some examples of this:
(the two incandescent primaries are the pair of worlds on the right in the sky. They're two terrestrial worlds orbiting eachother so closely that they're heating eachother to 900°C or more).
(the 'incandescent' moon is the dark object to the right of the gas giant primary).

I also spent most of this stream exploring them: 

gktcmty
Observer
Observer

18 Jan 2018 09:22

nearly all planets turned orange color after ı tried what loading speed change.

log file [color=#333333][size=100][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/size][/color][url=http://text-share.com/view/2d8effae][color=#005580][size=100][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://text-share.com/view/2d8effae[/font][/size][/color][/url]

gktcmty
Observer
Observer

18 Jan 2018 09:26

[quote="gktcmty"]nearly all planets turned orange color after ı tried what loading speed change.

log file [color=#333333][size=100][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/size][/color][url=http://text-share.com/view/2d8effae][color=#005580][size=100][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://text-share.com/view/2d8effae[/font][/size][/color][/url][/quote]

http://text-share.com/view/2d8effae

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Jan 2018 11:58

nearly all planets turned orange color after ı tried what loading speed change
Do the planets turn orange after you change to a different loading speed? Other than the one that you use?

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Jan 2018 12:09

I found some planemos with tidally heated moons that are so hot that they illuminate the surrounding system. However, the lighting is weird - they emit light but they don't actually seem to glow. They'll reflect the light cast from nearby super-heated "incandescent" worlds though (while not glowing themselves)  and the light they cast seems to have a distance limit related to temperature, beyond which it disappears abruptly. Thus satellites in other orbits around the planemo will only be illuminated while within the lighting range of the incandescent moon - or if the moon is close enough to the primary then that will be illuminated but if it's too far then it won't be.
I'm thinking that maybe SpaceEngine is thinking that since the system is a planemo system, that when there is an object hot enough to give off light, that it will calculate the light like a star giving off light, but since it is not classified as a star, it has a dark side. Either way, I think this may be a lighting bug, but don't quote me on it. 

dschwie
Observer
Observer

18 Jan 2018 13:21

Unable to build spaceship. Can't select SpaceEngine from Pack. No options in Faction.