- First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all issues.
- Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
- Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
- If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!
Fixing graphics card-specific issues
If you do not know which graphics card (chip) do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:
[MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Then look for a solution for you:
Nvidia: Major lag spikes
Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets
Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth
Fixing common issues
1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers
2) Weak system
3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)
4) Artifacts on procedural planets
5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface
6) Blurry textures on Solar system planets
7) Problems with very high resolution displays
List of known issues
Green items have been fixed for the next release
Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine: