Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

17 Dec 2017 05:28

gixxer wrote:
Source of the post the planet axis is fix, so the equatorial grids (sky) poles might be fix too, so all stars describing circles around this pole.

The grid moves exactly like you said, but only if you are on Earth. The equatorial coordinate system is centered on Earth, celestial equator and celestial poles are a projection of terrestrial analogues on Earth's celestial sphere.
When you land on a different planet, the grid is still relative to Earth, so it moves differently.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

gixxer
Observer
Observer

17 Dec 2017 07:16

Thank you Mosfet, i found it out for myself a few minutes later... ;-)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
System: Intel Core i7 7700k OC @4,8 GHz | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SLI | 32 GB RAM

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

20 Dec 2017 15:50

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a glitch on my end, but whenever i edit the surface features of a planet eg: sea level, mountain freq, ect, the textures glitch out and show in chunks of blank
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Hoozuki45
Observer
Observer

22 Dec 2017 10:25

I am having problems with the warp, my english is not very good so i made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbtrhXTUijU

here is a quick explanation: every time i go to warp and set the time scale to 3000 or higher the ship start spinning out of control. I don't know if it's a bug but i've seen someone doing an intergalatic jump just like me in the video and he didn't have this problem. Also, sometimes the game can crash just by turning on the warp.

Hoozuki45
Observer
Observer

22 Dec 2017 12:58

I found another bug, apparently my warp bubble is completely black

[img]https://i.imgur.com/89pxVE1.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/51OdQqW.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nAVtU0v.jpg[/img]

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

22 Dec 2017 14:44

Hoozuki45, could you please attach your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the first post of this thread?
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Hoozuki45
Observer
Observer

22 Dec 2017 17:00

[quote="Mosfet"][ref]Hoozuki45[/ref], could you please attach your [b]se.log[/b] file which is located in your [b]SpaceEngine/system/[/b] folder, as requested in the first post of this thread?[/quote]

How do i attach files?

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

23 Dec 2017 00:34

Hoozuki45 wrote:
Source of the post How do i attach files?

ClickHere.png

Navigate.png

tornadotodd
Astronaut
Astronaut

23 Dec 2017 01:29

SE worked fine for a week now certain SE ships do not show up, and occasionally Earth will not show up.. Plz help. I dont understand.

Hoozuki45
Observer
Observer

23 Dec 2017 06:06

Sorry but i don't have this option:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Q08VAEv.png[/img]

So i uploaded the log files here: https://mega.nz/#!9CxXjKBR!4XnP5E4Ovc1x ... I4IpiwNqw8

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

23 Dec 2017 15:14

Hoozuki45, thanks for the effort. First log by time/date is referring to SE 0980e (patched), the one that crashed the next day to an original version 0980 non-patched. Assuming you installed again the original SE version, it's not recommended to install it again on top of the existing installation. Personally I would delete existing folders first, or I would use different target folders for the installation and delete the SpaceEngine cache folder and its contents for good measure.

tornadotodd
Astronaut
Astronaut

23 Dec 2017 21:08

Hey guys if anyone can help. So as I said SE was working fine. I have downloaded a ton of add ons. I decided to download and install Celestia and maybe a couple other SE add ons. Not sure where the problem is but now certain ships will not load. When I build it takes me to where the ship would or should be but no ship. This also happens with planets. When I do a fresh install of SE it works fine again but as soon as I add back my Solar System HD it starts to do the same thing again each time. Very strange and frustrating. Could there be an error stored in a PAK file somehow? Surely I am not going to have to re download all of those add ons. I hope someone maybe has an answer to this. Thanks. 

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

24 Dec 2017 01:12

tornadotodd wrote:
Source of the post Hey guys if anyone can help.

Post your SE.log. It is located in the system folder of SpaceEngine.

tornadotodd
Astronaut
Astronaut

24 Dec 2017 12:46

I actually somehow fixed the issue. I decided to remove PAK files one by one. I found that after I removed all of the Earth surface files that the program worked correctly again. The strange thing is that I decided to try to re download the Earth surface files and put them back into the addons, and the program works fine. If I use one of the old ones the same problem comes back. I don't know that happened but I am glad that it is no longer an issue.

Mouthwash
Explorer
Explorer

24 Dec 2017 23:59

The planet shown here (at 1:30) seems to have the same empty seas I complained about earlier:

It's in the 9.9.0 beta, actually, but I was disappointed that this hasn't been fixed. Or am I mistaken? Are those blotches supposed to be some other phenomenon?