Ultimate space simulation software

Lucileia
Observer
Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

15 Dec 2017 15:57

Do you know how to fix my problem?

I cant figure this out. planets wont show up like ill go to earth and have auroras on and I can only see were earth is but not earth. The sun is also blue and all the stars look the same, blue and I know that the sun is a yellow star. I also cant see star clusters and comets or any other planets. and whenever I land on a planet my screen will go black and it wont display anything except my curser and ill click the pause button but it wont do anything except muffle the sound a bit. does anyone know how to fix this? Even if you know how to fix a similar problem tell me. :(

Lucileia
Observer
Observer

15 Dec 2017 16:00

Srry if I'm being repetitive but I cant use space engine if I don't know what the problem is

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

15 Dec 2017 16:02

ShunnedSplash22 wrote:
Source of the post welp here goes another hour long installation

did you delete the installer after the download? Or did you instruct the browser to run the installer immediately after the download? check your download folder to see if the installer is there.

Lucileia, please, attach your se.log file which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder. I can't tell if I can help you if you don't attach the file I ask in your post. Use "add files" button below the text area
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Lucileia
Observer
Observer

15 Dec 2017 16:05

oh IM SOOO Sorry I didn't read your full post but right now I'm using a different computer so I cant but ill post it as soon as I can.

XLucileia
Observer
Observer

15 Dec 2017 18:16

how do I post my log on the forum?

By the way this is luciliea

Talrormran
Observer
Observer

15 Dec 2017 23:43

I am having trouble creating a spaceship. Can anybody here help? [url=https://www.mediafire.com/view/1ub6aut7xeet1m6/USS%20Actium(2).sss]USS Actium.sss[/url] and [url=https://www.mediafire.com/view/l3471609styzc7j/ship.json]ship.json[/url] are my models for the ship creator. They are in SpaceEngine/addons/models/spacecrafts yet they still do not show up.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

16 Dec 2017 00:37

Lucileia wrote:
Source of the post I cant figure this out. planets wont show up like ill go to earth and have auroras on and I can only see were earth is but not earth. The sun is also blue and all the stars look the same, blue and I know that the sun is a yellow star. I also cant see star clusters and comets or any other planets. and whenever I land on a planet my screen will go black and it wont display anything except my curser and ill click the pause button but it wont do anything except muffle the sound a bit. does anyone know how to fix this? Even if you know how to fix a similar problem tell me.

You probably have an Intel graphics card. Maybe an Intel HD Grafics 3000 or older. SpaceEngine does not work with these graphics cards. You get something like this with these graphics cards:
scr00065.png

If you have a switchable graphics card, you should make sure in the settings of your graphics card that the other graphics card is used.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

ShunnedSplash22
Observer
Observer

16 Dec 2017 06:36

plz help for some reason it always just shows a black screen when I get on space engine it did not do that at first but it started doing it more and more until it just always dilsplays a black screen after I clikc on planetarium plz help

ShunnedSplash22
Observer
Observer

16 Dec 2017 07:16

I have tried and tried closing the game and getting back in it but every time I get in and click planetarium it just shows a black screen then gives me a brief flash of the loading screen then goes right back to the black screen how to fix??

ShunnedSplash22
Observer
Observer

16 Dec 2017 07:19

Actually I think I fixed it by switching my resolution to 1600x900

skywalker66
Astronaut
Astronaut

16 Dec 2017 13:42

Sorry I had forgot to mention that Space Engine's exit problem started with Windows 10 upgrade on December 14. While in the progress of downloading the updates from Microsoft, someone send a super virus called p.ppp ppp  undetected by AWG Antivirus and damaged my digital camera chip that was hooked up to drive F://, erasing all photos, and potentially altered .exe files in few programs like Space Engine, Civilization, etc, on drive C://. When I click on a ppp file, the msg dialog came up and said, "access denied without permission of the owner of those files." Only when I did notice that gaming program behaved strange after such upgrade. Only solution is to uninstall SE 0.980 and re-install it. I already gave se.log on my last post. 
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz 4-Core Processor; RAM: Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-2400 memory; GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB FTW Gaming ACX 2.0+; and Windows 10 64-bit

Mouthwash
Explorer
Explorer

16 Dec 2017 13:47

Mr. Abner wrote:
Mosfet wrote:
Keep it civil guys, pretty please...

I assure you I have no other intentions in mind. I was trying to help, but I confess I appear to be confused about what the original problem was.
Here's what I was thinking, I suppose: When he mentioned basins that appear in seas, I was thinking of the darker blues you see occasionally in oceans, from deeper depressions in the sea floor. The thing is, though, when you turn off water, the basins are still visible. But if you keep the water on and turn off the atmosphere, they disappear! :o So denser atmosphere makes the basins appear, even though they are under water.

No, just the general discoloration from oceanic bodies. It certainly does not disappear when I turn off atmosphere.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

16 Dec 2017 15:10

skywalker66 wrote:
Source of the post "access denied without permission of the owner of those files."

If a virus did change file permissions of some executable, I'm afraid you can't exclude more pervasive damage throughout the operating system and/or windows registry. Usually that type of damage is very difficult to revert to original state, unless the virus is well known and someone was able to create a specific program/procedure to get rid of it. In this case, the error could be the result of some windows dll with wrong permission, not necessarily due to SpaceEngine.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

gixxer
Observer
Observer

17 Dec 2017 02:28

Hello everybody... i have a question. But first, my english is not very good but i try to explain what i want to ask.

If you land on the surface of a planet at equator. should the stars not rise vertically there? if you turn on the equatorial grid why its pole discribe a circle around a point of the sky? the planet axis is fix, so the equatorial grids (sky) poles might be fix too, so all stars describing circles around this pole.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8PVzPZcBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8PVzPZcBk[/url]
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
System: Intel Core i7 7700k OC @4,8 GHz | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SLI | 32 GB RAM

gixxer
Observer
Observer

17 Dec 2017 02:54

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsPTTnOsgg&feature=youtu.be]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsPTTnOsgg&feature=youtu.be[/url]
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
System: Intel Core i7 7700k OC @4,8 GHz | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SLI | 32 GB RAM