Ultimate space simulation software

Nebulax
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Problems exporting video (codec) important

10 Dec 2019 18:12

Hello Goodnight.

How will you know, I'm making a documentary using the recording provided with the space engine pro plugin.
I must say that it is very spectacular with the correct color and light settings, along with smooth movements.

But I am having problems.
I am using the option to draw a line to record using a movement and then capture video.
In short clips, using the first available codec option usually works.
But when making videos of more than 20 points it is very normal to fail.

The failure means that after trying to open the video, Windows notifies me that it is damaged or if I can open it with vlc I see errors in the codec's own export.

Is there any solution in this regard?
I have the feeling that it is not for my computer, the capture is done well, the problem comes when building the video with the codec.
I have tried the option of uncompressed video codec but it also fails.

I have observed that those who throw error are always in 4 gigabytes in size.

Finally, say that I use premiere pro, I work normally in H264 and I have never had problems with exports.
In After effects either, regardless of the performance of the team.

Will more current codecs be included?

MeesterG
Observer
Observer

08 Feb 2021 08:28

Hello, 

I see you posted this a looong time ago, but I am new here and I'm running into similar problems. 
My videos played in VLC media player, but I couldn't edit them in Davinci Resolve. I was able to convert the codec in VLC quite simply. And that solved the corruption error. 

Nowadays you can save videos with different settings, so that prevents me from converting the videos everytime luckily.

Now I still have the problem that it is quite common for Space Engine to crash when I make a longer video. Did you find a solution to this? 

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

19 Apr 2021 05:16

Hello, 

I see you posted this a looong time ago, but I am new here and I'm running into similar problems. 
My videos played in VLC media player, but I couldn't edit them in Davinci Resolve. I was able to convert the codec in VLC quite simply. And that solved the corruption error. 

Nowadays you can save videos with different settings, so that prevents me from converting the videos everytime luckily.

Now I still have the problem that it is quite common for Space Engine to crash when I make a longer video. Did you find a solution to this? 
Yeah make videos using OBS.  I have some videos over 4 hours long that are only 1 GB per hour in size including sound using the MP4 format.