Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

03 Dec 2019 23:59

What happens Is rhat you're clicking on the area containing the spaceengine logo, which by design is opening the credits feature, and it's superimposed to the Continue button. Probably because you're using a window height or fullscreen of about 720 pixels and the interface is optimised for 1080 pixels. Click on the far left of the Continue menu voice in order to reach the area of that bitton, or use a higher window if you can
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

DomBed1
Observer
Observer

06 Dec 2019 11:44

I have a problem with seas, lakes, etc. were instead of being blue, they are most of the time a weird light green color and not transparent. Is this a bug or do i need to change something in the settings?

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

06 Dec 2019 13:27

Mosfet wrote:
What happens Is rhat you're clicking on the area containing the spaceengine logo, which by design is opening the credits feature, and it's superimposed to the Continue button. Probably because you're using a window height or fullscreen of about 720 pixels and the interface is optimised for 1080 pixels. Click on the far left of the Continue menu voice in order to reach the area of that bitton, or use a higher window if you can

Thanks, that fixed it (increasing the window size)!  I was confused as this just started happening a few weeks ago.

cwyss
Observer
Observer

08 Dec 2019 09:28

Changing a keybinding for "Numpad -" is lost when restarting SE:

I wanted to assign the retro engines to "Numpad +" and "Numpad -", so I made the changes in the Settings/Controls menu, and it worked for that session. But after I quit and reopened SE, the setting for "Numpad -" was gone; instead I got the default "Shift -" back (for the action "retro engines -"). The setting for "Numpad +" was correctly saved and reloaded.

I also tried this with other actions, e.g. assigning "Numpad -" to "retro engines +" or "hover engines +/-"; same result.
It seams that the problem happens when loading the keys.cfg file at program startup: after quiting SE, "Numpad -" appears in the keys.cfg file in the right entry.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

08 Dec 2019 16:11

DomBed1 wrote:
I have a problem with seas, lakes, etc. were instead of being blue, they are most of the time a weird light green color and not transparent. Is this a bug or do i need to change something in the settings?

It's not a bug, but a limitation of the engine as it is now. A correction could be done by painting Earth textures where there's water near land masses, but it's a trick that is barely good enough to take some screenshot from Earth orbit.
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

AstrocampJacob
Observer
Observer

10 Dec 2019 21:50

I posted about this a few months ago, and perhaps its already being looked into, but there's still an issue with fish eye perspective where the cursor doesn't select objects properly. It was a little difficult to describe what was happening the first time I posted about it, so here's a video showing the bug:
https://i.imgur.com/H7r16z2.mp4

It seems like the selection UI is inverted somehow. It only seems to affect fish-eye.

xavier
Observer
Observer

11 Dec 2019 01:01

Hi there,
I have to report a crash with jupiter's texture in STEAM WORKSHOP. I've downloaded the Jupiter'JUNO texture by retrovisor and SE crashed with this message:
"Failed to load generated texture etc...yes to load game without planet's catalogue and no to close"
JupiterTextureCrash.jpg

Now the complete game is crashed, if I choose "yes" to load the game whithout non-catalogues planets i get a flat white screen, music ok, when I hover the mouse over the button I can hear them, but my screen is completly white.

HELP!

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

11 Dec 2019 01:40

xavier wrote:
Source of the post Now the complete game is crashed, if I choose "yes" to load the game whithout non-catalogues planets i get a flat white screen, music ok, when I hover the mouse over the button I can hear them, but my screen is completly white.

First, you could delete the 'main-user.cfg'. This file is in the 'config' directory of SpaceEngine. And you could delete the 'cache' folder. It is in the SpaceEngine directory. If that does not help, post your 'se.log'. It is in the 'system' directory of SpaceEngine.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

xavier
Observer
Observer

11 Dec 2019 02:54

Yep, you made my day !!
so what's happened ?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

11 Dec 2019 04:24

xavier wrote:
Source of the post so what's happened ?

What exactly happened, I can not tell you. But sometimes it happens that SpaceEngine makes certain entries in the 'main-user.cfg' wrong.
For example, the entry for the 'Skin'. Then the user interface is no longer displayed. When and why that happened I have not found out yet.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

xavier
Observer
Observer

12 Dec 2019 05:40

Hello again
I think i found an issue in the command script with the waypoint parameters. for the parameter FixedPosPolarKm it is said:

FixedPosPolarKm (32.9, 60.3, 7500.0) – fixed polar coordinates (latitude, longitude, distance) relative to the parent object; lat/lon in degrees, distance in kilometers.
But, if I'm not wrong it actually is (longitude, latitude, distance).
If I'm correct, you should update the online script manual.

kandedong
Observer
Observer

15 Dec 2019 02:23

Hello fellow star wanderers,

I finally managed to set up SE Pro on my MacBook Pro, it works fairly well but I have to say that I do struggle with the different behaviour of the mouse etc. in Windows and a few other things such as the cumbersome problem that I cannot change the screen resolution of SE without it only occupying only a corner of the screen instead of scaling up to full screen (any hints on that?).

Anyway, to live up to the many "Pro"s in my setting I currently face two problems and I haven't found a solution in the forums:

- A function I used in Celestia very often is toggling individual orbit categories such as comets or asteroids. When I showed the solar system to kids and adults alike, they went "whoaaaa" when I suddenly toggled in the comets and asteroids orbits. I don't want to do that via the interface menu as it distracts the audience, I'd like a keyboard or joystick entry to do that. Yet I haven't found the right control to map. Is there any way I can achieve this?

- Likewise, I would prefer not to use the mouse for moving right/left in the Solar System Browser. I would expect that once i press the key that opens the Solar System Browser, I would be able to use some keys to navigate within that browser (e.g. up and down to change the level – moons etc.). Have I missed something?

SE is amazing, and I can't wait to use its full potential. Thanks in advance for any hints!

Jimmy Urgent
Observer
Observer

25 Dec 2019 13:18

Hi. This is my first time using Space Engine and I am having some difficulty. When I initially launched it, I was able to see the various settings and information around the screen, but nothing else was visible (I am assuming I was supposed to be seeing a planet or star or something), and I tried just turning the computer off and on again, but now whenever I try to launch Space Engine there is no menu screen, it is completely black and there is no audio. It does not say there is any kind of error, it's just a black screen. It sounds like my "log file" would be helpful information, but I am not sure how to find that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

25 Dec 2019 13:52

You'll find your se.log in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder.

Jimmy Urgent
Observer
Observer

25 Dec 2019 16:51

Mosfet wrote:
You'll find your se.log in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder.

Unfortunately I am not tech-savvy at all and I am not sure how I would go about locating this.