Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

24 Jun 2019 02:59

Current beta
Windows 10
- text on the screen blinking, check video
- error, check scrshot
- HD models of Earth don't load, check log file
[color=#990099]https://yadi.sk/i/vAo8wiZBS6esZg[/color] https://yadi.sk/i/vAo8wiZBS6esZg[color=#990099]https://yadi.sk/i/dql5Y3Kvt7npeg[/color]
Attachments
se.7z
(75.17 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

samthesuperhero
Observer
Observer

24 Jun 2019 03:01

Don't know how to edit previous post, links added broken.. Repeat,
https://yadi.sk/i/vAo8wiZBS6esZg
https://yadi.sk/i/dql5Y3Kvt7npeg

flrpf13
Observer
Observer

24 Jun 2019 07:25

Hi. 
I found eclipse shadows glitch.
Eclipse shadows glow blue.

[color=#dbdbdb][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]ps) If you turn off 'Graphics - Eclipse shadows', It will work normally.[/font][/color]

[color=#dbdbdb][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Here is my log files and same report on steam(include screenshots, log file)[/font][/color]
[color=#dbdbdb][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]log: https://pastebin.com/JF3xBhEW[/font][/color]
[color=#dbdbdb][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]reporting on steam forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/314650/discussions/1/1644292549033214774/[/font][/color]

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

24 Jun 2019 15:15

flrpf13 wrote:
Source of the post I found eclipse shadows glitch.
Eclipse shadows glow blue.

ps) If you turn off 'Graphics - Eclipse shadows', It will work normally.

You have "Eclipse totality mask" feature enabled. Disable it in Settings > filter objects > Eclipse totality mask.

samthesuperhero, since your log shows that SpaceEngine just had the first run after an update, try and check local files integrity of SpaceEngine from the Steam library. I would update graphics drivers too.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

24 Jun 2019 16:13

How do you get the 1655 beta?  I'm using 1645 and it didn't give me an update!

Also, when downloading Steam Planet HD textures if the Steam client updates and restarts in the middle of downloading, does that corrupt the HD downloads or will they resume as normal after the client restarts?

Is there any difference between starting the game by pressing the PLAY button in the Steam client vs clicking on the SE desktop icon?

Also, what is Register SE Protocol- it never works and gives me an permissions error.

And what is Ambient Occlusion?  I noticed whenever I change that setting or the magnitude limits settings they go back to default values the next time I start the program.

trekky0623
Observer
Observer

24 Jun 2019 19:15

Running 0.990 on Windows 10. I'm having an issue with Keid, 40 Eridani, where its barycenter is showing up as an orange dwarf star, making the system a quadruple star system. I don't have any addons installed, and I even removed the catalogs.pak file and verified with Steam to reaquire it. I haven't noticed this with any other barycenters of other systems. Just Keid.

► Show Spoiler

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

25 Jun 2019 00:13

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post How do you get the 1655 beta?  I'm using 1645 and it didn't give me an update!

it's in the news: http://spaceengine.org/news/blog190623/
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Is there any difference between starting the game by pressing the PLAY button in the Steam client vs clicking on the SE desktop icon?

When you press "Play" If you have a VR headset, Steam asks you if you want to load VR stuff first, with the desktop icon it doesn't.

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post will they resume as normal after the client restarts?

yes

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Also, what is Register SE Protocol- it never works and gives me an permissions error.

SE protocol allows you to register a URL link that can be used in forums to easily exchange locations, and if you click on it SpaceEngine will start and load that location. Registration works if you launch Steam client with administrative permissions (right click > run as administrator), then run SpaceEngine from the Steam library. Once the protocol is registered, next time you can launch SpaceEngine as usual.
Example link: Haumea

Ambient occlusion is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion but I think you are referring to "Ambient lighting", which allows you to enhance ambient light to better see features otherwise hidden in the dark of the nightside of a planet, for example.
That and Magnitude values reset to defaults at start by design.
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

meegja
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

25 Jun 2019 01:34

Mosfet wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Also, what is Register SE Protocol- it never works and gives me an permissions error.

SE protocol allows you to register a URL link that can be used in forums to easily exchange locations, and if you click on it SpaceEngine will start and load that location. Registration works if you launch Steam client with administrative permissions (right click > run as administrator), then run SpaceEngine from the Steam library. Once the protocol is registered, next time you can launch SpaceEngine as usual.

I still don't know why but each time I open an SE-protocol, SE is screwed up again? Also with this link to Haumea. The link works, the object is in sight. But all kind of SE settings are altered. Almost all procedurals are set to Off, all kind of graphic settings are suddenly changed (bloom is set to On, Glare and Lens Flares set to Off, Planet Shine Off, Landscape LOD to -1, Comet Tails to Off, and so on). For now no looking at others discoveries for me :(
Here my SE-log from when I used the Haumea link: https://pastebin.com/yUzqhAv7  (I am using ReShade but this also happend when I didn't use ReShade yet)
Graphics card: MSI RTX 2080 ti Gaming X Trio
CPU: Intel i9-9900KF
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
System memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4-3000

Satyr
Observer
Observer

25 Jun 2019 07:46

Mosfet wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Source of the post Why I can not open a topic?

See Forum Rules. And here is where you post when you have issues with the program :) Now, please use https://pastebin.com/  to post your se.log file, which is located in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder, and give us here the address of the file.

There is no se.log file. 
If I try to start SpaceEngine directly from the folder, I get the errormessage: "application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b". 
I ran the .net Framework repairtool, but it did not help. 

TheXeos
Observer
Observer

25 Jun 2019 08:55

Hello :) 

So I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, but in 0.981 (and previous versions) you could up the time scale to extreme numbers to simulate everything going extremely fast, but now that I jumped to 0.990, it seems I can't get a time scale over x10000, which is really frustrating as this time scale is not that much at universe scale... (well you can't even see planets orbit with it) 
Is there a setting that I missed? Is it a bug or is it a pro version feature? 

Thanks in advance 

meegja
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

25 Jun 2019 09:30

@TheXeos
It is still in 0.990. I can travel 100000 years in a matter of seconds. Acceleration both with the L-key or with the menu left below.
Graphics card: MSI RTX 2080 ti Gaming X Trio
CPU: Intel i9-9900KF
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
System memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4-3000

TheXeos
Observer
Observer

25 Jun 2019 09:34

meegja wrote:
@TheXeos
It is still in 0.990. I can travel 100000 years in a matter of seconds. Acceleration both with the L-key or with the menu left below.

I can't go beyond x10000 even with the L key shortcut. Also I forgot to add that I can't reverse time as well, the reverse time button isn't there and the J key does nothing. 
Software is up to date according to Steam

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

25 Jun 2019 11:50

Mosfet wrote:
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post How do you get the 1655 beta?  I'm using 1645 and it didn't give me an update!

it's in the news: http://spaceengine.org/news/blog190623/
A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post Is there any difference between starting the game by pressing the PLAY button in the Steam client vs clicking on the SE desktop icon?

When you press "Play" If you have a VR headset, Steam asks you if you want to load VR stuff first, with the desktop icon it doesn't.

A-L-E-X wrote:
Source of the post will they resume as normal after the client restarts?

yes

A-L-E-X wrote:

Ambient occlusion is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion but I think you are referring to "Ambient lighting", which allows you to enhance ambient light to better see features otherwise hidden in the dark of the nightside of a planet, for example.
That and Magnitude values reset to defaults at start by design.

Thanks, I remember reading that and doing this
To do this, open the Steam client, navigate to SpaceEngine in your Steam library, right-click on it and select Properties. In the Properties window, switch to the BETAS tab, and select the “beta – public beta branch”. The patch will start downloading immediately, you don’t need to enter a beta access code.
But when I right clicked Play in my Steam client library nothing happened.  Now I see that I actually have to right click on SpaceEngine, not the Play button!
Edit- I figure I'm doing something wrong, as right clicking on SpaceEngine doesn't do anything.
About the HD files on the Space Engine page, are those equivalent to the HD files on this site?  My download of them got interrupted when the Client updated and restarted, does that mean the downloads are corrupted or will they resume as normal from the point where the Client restarted?  Thanks!

trekky0623
Observer
Observer

25 Jun 2019 13:06

trekky0623 wrote:
Running 0.990 on Windows 10. I'm having an issue with Keid, 40 Eridani, where its barycenter is showing up as an orange dwarf star, making the system a quadruple star system. I don't have any addons installed, and I even removed the catalogs.pak file and verified with Steam to reaquire it. I haven't noticed this with any other barycenters of other systems. Just Keid.

► Show Spoiler

Through some experimenting, I'm pretty sure this is being caused by both the barycenter of the system and the primary star Keid A being referred to in the Exoplanets catalog and stars catalog as "HD 26965". I am unsure how to fix this with addon files, though, as once you remove an item with RemoveStar or the like, you can't use the name again.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

25 Jun 2019 14:17

Satyr wrote:
Source of the post There is no se.log file.
If I try to start SpaceEngine directly from the folder, I get the errormessage: "application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b".
I ran the .net Framework repairtool, but it did not help.

Steam should have installed OpenAL 3d audio and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable too with SpaceEngine.
See if SpaceEngine runs.