Ultimate space simulation software

SCP-10492
Astronaut
Astronaut

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

13 Jul 2019 07:16

Although the location of 0.990.37.1670 is common to 1665, the attributes of the planet have changed completely.

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

13 Jul 2019 15:20

Is it possible to save in the flight path file information about the time when the path was saved? When the time changes, everything mixes and the flight looks different (for example, above the planet we fly over other places).

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

14 Jul 2019 08:05

This is with the HD textures, will downloading the Ultra textures from this site make a noticeable improvement in 0.990?
Textures form the site are incompatible with 0.990. Also, Steam DLC is equivalent of old Ultra textures.
Thanks Vlad!  I downloaded all of them (ends up being 46.9 GB), but in the middle of the download Steam itself updated and closed the Client and restarted it.  That wouldn't corrupt any of the downloads would it?  Would the ongoing downloads just pick up where they left off when the Client restarted without any issues?

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

14 Jul 2019 08:20

Could you add the moon to your Krypton add-on?  There is also a space elevator linking the moon to Krypton.
Perhaps.
The below is from Merope 6b.  This isn't a procedural world?  Was there actually a planet found in the Pleaides?  I didn't know that!
'Merope 6b' (and 6a) are procedural planets. They are named only 6a and 6b, because they are classified as binary planet.
If they were real exoplanets, they would be called 'Merope b' (and Merope c).
Thanks JD!  I have seen quite a few of those binary planets.

SCP-10492
Astronaut
Astronaut

14 Jul 2019 22:29

This is with the HD textures, will downloading the Ultra textures from this site make a noticeable improvement in 0.990?
Textures form the site are incompatible with 0.990. Also, Steam DLC is equivalent of old Ultra textures.
Thanks Vlad!  I downloaded all of them (ends up being 46.9 GB), but in the middle of the download Steam itself updated and closed the Client and restarted it.  That wouldn't corrupt any of the downloads would it?  Would the ongoing downloads just pick up where they left off when the Client restarted without any issues?
Steam client will retain the content you downloaded before, no matter how many times you restart, you don't have to worry.

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

15 Jul 2019 11:10

What is relevant is brightness of pixels which obscures the sun. This is how lens flare algorithm works: it is based on brightness/color. This makes them easily take correct color on sunset or while viewing from planetary rings. But adds issue with very bright obscuring object (another star, lava or planet surface in non-HDR mode).
So this sounds like a limitation of the engine (if I understand this correctly) rather than a bug. I hope a solution can be found one day because it does look somewhat wrong and reduces visual immersion and realism.
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

Schübatamann
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

15 Jul 2019 12:44

I'll try to visit that planet in the LMC you mentioned with my settings and post a screenshot from there, what is the address of the planet?

edit- well I think I found the planet, is this it?

dewd.jpg 
the planet from featured locations with the title of "Terra with life in LMC" is correct and it used to look like in your screenshot but the planet i made the tests with exposure is diferent, it's name is RS 8496-463-4-2811-785 2
well thats interesting- I dont have any featured locations :(  My locations area was blank when I first installed the program but I've put in about 100 locations that I found interesting already

I tried to search for  RS 8496-463-4-2811-785 2 and even removed the 2 at the end to find the star, but either way, the program says Object Not Found
have you any mod that change galaxies or stars? have you  changed the universe settings?

Schübatamann
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

15 Jul 2019 12:49

this is the new on
I can not discover any errors in the log. However, it looks like you've created the log in which you started SpaceEngine and quit immediately after the main menu appeared.
Visit some planets before you quit the program and post the new se.log.

And set in the 'main-user.cfg' file the parameter 'CatalogLogLevel' to 4.
// Logging settings
Log
{
    LogTimeStamp            false    // print time stamp into log file
    LogThreadStamp          true    // print thread ID  into log file

// Level of logging while loading catalogs:
    // 0 - do not log
    // 1 - log errors and warnings, using min("CatalogLogLevel" in this config, "LogLevel" in the catalog file)
    // 2 - log everything,          using min("CatalogLogLevel" in this config, "LogLevel" in the catalog file)
    // 3 - log errors and warnings, ignoring "LogLevel" in the catalog file
    // 4 - log everything,          ignoring "LogLevel" in the catalog file
    CatalogLogLevel    4
But first you should update your video driver. It is quite old.
I upgraded my video driver and it worked, thank you very much
I would not have noticed that the drive was outdated if you had not advised, I thought it was updating automatically, thanks again

Observer
Observer

17 Jul 2019 12:00

Whenever I enable MSAA, weird artifacts appear on the surface of planets. 

Log: https://pastebin.com/hRf4dF9p

Raven
Observer
Observer

17 Jul 2019 13:17

Um... Anyone? Settings aren't saving. I've tried using the in-game menu and manually editing main-user.cfg, but still have to reset most settings on every start-up. Is this intentional behavior or a bug?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

18 Jul 2019 09:28

Which settings are you trying to save? Magnitude and brightness, among others, they reset by design.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Raven
Observer
Observer

18 Jul 2019 14:24

Thanks for the reply Mosfet. My settings are on the left, default settings on the right. I forgot to change star/planets points style; they should be set to motion blur.
ImageImage" />

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

19 Jul 2019 02:52

Raven, a possible explanation for this behavior is that SE could have issues in writing back the changes in main-user.cfg when the program is closing.
Delete main-user.cfg, this will force SpaceEngine to recreate it. If the problem is still there, check file integrity for SE from the Steam client (from Steam Library, right-click on SpaceEngine > Properties > Local files > check integrity).
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Raven
Observer
Observer

19 Jul 2019 15:02

Thanks for helping to track it down. I think this line at the end of main-user.cfg was the problem:
EnableVariableSlots           true    // Enable separate variable slots for main menu and game
Whenever I change this to "false", the settings reset every time, at least in flight simulator mode. Haven't checked planetarium yet because I'm usually flying spaceships.

Julian_19
Observer
Observer

20 Jul 2019 12:13

Hey there,

I'm currently working on a flight through the solar system and don't want to use camera paths. 
I'm using scenario scripts and want to use the Fly/Move command but it doesn't work. Everytime I use the command the game tells me that the command is invalid. I tried fly and move and both don't work.

Whats the deal here?