Ultimate space simulation software

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

27 Jul 2021 07:44

Thank you for the tips... It all worked great! I set keys for accelerating and decelerating time but when I use it, it just says "Time Scale 0x" and doesnt change... It seemed to work for a bit and I could set the time scale but it stopped working and I cant get it to work any longer... Did I somehow turn off time? I didnt see a time disable function in the help...
I believe there is a "pause" button. Perhaps you clicked on that?
Changing the timescale automatically unpauses.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

fenrir891
Observer
Observer

27 Jul 2021 09:24

Hi everyone, i have the same issue Typbürste had few years ago. i installed 0.990 but it crash after 3-10 sec on startup without an error message..i already tried the solution that had worked for him(uninstalling openal,reboot,reinstalling it,reboot) and many compatibilities,run as admn, but in my case it didnt worked..my pc has all the requirement.is win 10 64bit, nvidia gt730 2GB vram, RAM 12gb and processor intel i7-6700 3.40Ghz. The 0.980 version works fine. i already uploaded the se.log file here 

P.S. (It worked with an older pc until graphic card issue collapsed it,with the relative error msg,but was a gtx550 with only 1gb vram,and dual core proc. Now that i have the pc with the right specs i cant even have the chance to go on game settings because startup screen is freezed,and somehow stretched,with the game title superimposed on the first menu title,until everything disappear). 
Someone could help me please?

fenrir891
Observer
Observer

27 Jul 2021 09:39

here there is a screenshot of the superimposed title on startup screen
https://postimg.cc/vD6mZdLr

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

28 Jul 2021 03:50

fenrir891, your graphics drivers are more than a year old, start with udating drivers,
https://www.nvidia.it/Download/driverRe ... /177899/it
then check local file consistency from the steam client. From Steam Library, right-click on SpaceEngine > Properties > Local files > verify integrity of game files.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

fenrir891
Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2021 04:56

thanks for reply,i have already verified integrity files,and driver in the other pc were much more obsolete. anyway i noticed a string in the log that report this error:
[MT] Loading script "data/locale/ita-gui.cfg"
[MT] 1770 localization strings loaded
[MT] 394 custom localization strings loaded
[MT] WARNING: Translation not found for some strings:
I looked online for a solution,and i tried to modify language game to english..seems it works well now. strange thing is that im trying to see if could be rebooted in italian,but language doesnt change anymore no matter the launch game settings..

fenrir891
Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2021 06:09

i found how to set language in game..now i can start the app in my own laguage without any crashing..strange things..

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

28 Jul 2021 06:15

Updates to localization files were probably not ready before the latest program update. You can delete the file named main-user.cfg from the SpaceEngine config folder to force the program to reset to default settings in case.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2021 07:46

Here i have two  strange problems, I can start my game in 0.990.42 but not in 43, I have installed everything that the solution mentioned, rebooted Pc for many times, but still doesnt work. Before I install, the game could only run for a few seconds, but after installing, it could only run for maby thirty seconds and than quit without any warnings or code. I dont know if there is any problem on pc, I would give my data(sure lots) down here.
Basic Computer Information: My computer Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop Operating system Windows 10 64-bit Main graphics card integrated graphics card The version of Internet Explorer is 11.0 Basic Hardware : Processor Intel Core I7-7500U 2.70ghz dual-core Motherboard Dell 0MM5PT Memory 8 GB (SK Hynix 1867MHz) Toshiba THNSN5256GPUK NVMe 256GB (256GB/SSD) Intel HD Graphics 620 (128 MB/Dell) Display Sharp SHP1449 (13.3 inches) Network Adapter Atheros Killer Wireless- N/A/AC 1535 Wireless Network Adapter/Bigfoot Networks Audio card Renyu Audio Intel High Definition Audio controller
My second bug seemed pretty funny, it is just like if I go to some red giant stars and supergiants in 0.990.42, the whole star will be all black, just no color, but the funny thing is that the star still have light, and it's from the middle of the void!!! So finally, I cannot see any sort of star which have a higher radius of 8 times of the sun.
Sorry for the grammer mistakes and pronounciation mistakes cause I am just a Chinese primary school student.

Lyra
Observer
Observer

29 Jul 2021 07:50

Hi guys, just purchased and tried out the 0.990 version. There are a few problems on the system and mods I came across, I don't know if it applies to others:
1. My settings don't save after I restart the game.
2. The flight simulator get stuck a lot. I'm really not sure if it is a problem with my computer. It never happened to me on the 098e version.
3. Can't load certain mods (rodrigo's mod and gaia catalogues) with the test 991 version.
4. Spaceship does not land on Gaia. It just stops at the atmosphere level where the clouds are. I don't know why, but it should be able to land on planets.
Also I think for some reason the loading of the game gets a bit slower than before.

Kinsaraluna
Observer
Observer

30 Jul 2021 00:10

Greetings, my crash problem seems specific to going to the Centaurus galaxy. Everytime I attempt to go to the Centaurus galaxy Space engine crashes to desktop. It doesn't happen with any other galaxies that I have noticed. I have the very latest drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, driver version 30.0.14.7141 dated 7/12/21  and verified my system file integrity through the steam app. I have no screenshot as the system crashes right before Centaurus reaches about full size on my 52 centimeter diagonal distance display. I removed GeForce experience as I read somewhere it causes crashes.  Enclosed is the se.log from the crash. Is there anything I could do or is it a true bug?
Attachments
se.log
(122.56 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Lyra
Observer
Observer

31 Jul 2021 01:21

Hi, i am experiencing problems with version 0.991 beta (but problems also happens in 0.990.42)
basically solar system textures seems to trigger the program, i mean at first nothing happens, it's all normal, then loading stops, and after experience that problem it happens also on other system, but not if i never visit solar system
i was told that my old gpu was not enough for SE so i buy a GTX 1650 with 4 GB of VRAM...but the problems are still present
also i keep encounter the info tab bug that crashes the game randomly after some opening
now i am currently trying to reinstall everything to see if changes something, i must also say that i tried everything, lower the settings, tried different options, delete cache and main user config file (in which said that maximum memory to be used by SE is 2048 MB when i have 4096 and i would like to have info on that, but even change that number didn't change anything)
i add my last SE log file, in case someone can help me, or at least tell me if this is a bug (because i can't think that i waste money for a new GPU that surely it's better that the other one but if even that one isn't enough can't be an answer, i was told that it's fine and it appears even in recommended hardware)
thanks and sorry if it's confusing, but i can't express better what i experience also i'm not english
I wouldn't use less than 6 GB of VRAM.....and even that works just barely good enough at 720P on ultra settings with a Ryzen 2700X and 16 GB RAM.
Oh and I disabled Rodrigo's Mod because of the update and that also helped my system run faster (I still have 79 other mods installed and the Gaia 14 million star add-on.)
Experiencing same problem with 990.43. After going to the solar system, closing the program, and restart, the procedural texture gets an error and must be disabled if the program is to be started, and all the textures would be gone. Compared to A-L-E-X though I don't even know what caused the problem so I just uninstalled it and try to install again. I think the current version is somewhat unstable at least on my computer because whenever the solar system gets a bit more complicated with more elements, the program crash. For me the program also crash randomly when I enter hyperspace, although it is quite rare. Does anyone know what might be causing this? The only thing I added was workshop mods and a few ships of my own. 

Kinsaraluna
Observer
Observer

31 Jul 2021 12:40

Greetings, my crash problem seems specific to going to the Centaurus galaxy. Everytime I attempt to go to the Centaurus galaxy Space engine crashes to desktop. It doesn't happen with any other galaxies that I have noticed. I have the very latest drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, driver version 30.0.14.7141 dated 7/12/21  and verified my system file integrity through the steam app. I have no screenshot as the system crashes right before Centaurus reaches about full size on my 52 centimeter diagonal distance display. I removed GeForce experience as I read somewhere it causes crashes.  Enclosed is the se.log from the crash. Is there anything I could do or is it a true bug?
I also tried to "sneak up" on Centaurus really slowly in case it was rendering problem but it just crashes no matter how slowly I approach it.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

01 Aug 2021 02:04

Hi, i am experiencing problems with version 0.991 beta (but problems also happens in 0.990.42)
basically solar system textures seems to trigger the program, i mean at first nothing happens, it's all normal, then loading stops, and after experience that problem it happens also on other system, but not if i never visit solar system
i was told that my old gpu was not enough for SE so i buy a GTX 1650 with 4 GB of VRAM...but the problems are still present
also i keep encounter the info tab bug that crashes the game randomly after some opening
now i am currently trying to reinstall everything to see if changes something, i must also say that i tried everything, lower the settings, tried different options, delete cache and main user config file (in which said that maximum memory to be used by SE is 2048 MB when i have 4096 and i would like to have info on that, but even change that number didn't change anything)
i add my last SE log file, in case someone can help me, or at least tell me if this is a bug (because i can't think that i waste money for a new GPU that surely it's better that the other one but if even that one isn't enough can't be an answer, i was told that it's fine and it appears even in recommended hardware)
thanks and sorry if it's confusing, but i can't express better what i experience also i'm not english
I wouldn't use less than 6 GB of VRAM.....and even that works just barely good enough at 720P on ultra settings with a Ryzen 2700X and 16 GB RAM.
Oh and I disabled Rodrigo's Mod because of the update and that also helped my system run faster (I still have 79 other mods installed and the Gaia 14 million star add-on.)
Experiencing same problem with 990.43. After going to the solar system, closing the program, and restart, the procedural texture gets an error and must be disabled if the program is to be started, and all the textures would be gone. Compared to A-L-E-X though I don't even know what caused the problem so I just uninstalled it and try to install again. I think the current version is somewhat unstable at least on my computer because whenever the solar system gets a bit more complicated with more elements, the program crash. For me the program also crash randomly when I enter hyperspace, although it is quite rare. Does anyone know what might be causing this? The only thing I added was workshop mods and a few ships of my own. 
You might want to try windowed mode and a different resolution.  That fixed my screen flickering problem.
Also, what graphics card do you have?  It sounds like it could also be an integrated graphics issue.

Lyra
Observer
Observer

01 Aug 2021 07:51

You might want to try windowed mode and a different resolution.  That fixed my screen flickering problem.
Also, what graphics card do you have?  It sounds like it could also be an integrated graphics issue.
My graphic card is Radeon RX 560X. I reinstalled SE and I seem to know what the problem is. It should be because that I had a faulty texture addon and it somehow caused the whole system to collapse. Specifically I downloaded Rodrigo's mod two times on workshop and addon folder. After I deleted the addon file the texture came back.  Also do you have a object "info" problem? Seems like everytime I click "info"  of an object the program gets stuck, and it applies to every single object except spaceships. 

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

01 Aug 2021 08:05

My graphic card is Radeon RX 560X. I reinstalled SE and I seem to know what the problem is. It should be because that I had a faulty texture addon and it somehow caused the whole system to collapse. Specifically I downloaded Rodrigo's mod two times on workshop and addon folder. After I deleted the addon file the texture came back.  Also do you have a object "info" problem? Seems like everytime I click "info"  of an object the program gets stuck, and it applies to every single object except spaceships. 
Mine was flashing.  I had the twice problem too.  But it was for Gaia.  The issue was I had already downloaded it from here when it first became available.  I put that one in the add on folder.  But then I also subscribed to it in the Workshop thinking it would automatically be kept updated if I did that.  Turns out that severely lagged my system so I deleted the one I put in the add-on folder and kept the Workshop version since that is automatically updated.

Oh I just remembered I did have another info problem where it would cause my ground textures to do weird things when I clicked on it, like they would seem to "move" as if they were fluid.  I think that got fixed when I went out of full screen mode and went into windowed mode.  It would also happen when I tried to examine the solar system info panel by clicking the button on the left side.