Ultimate space simulation software

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

07 Aug 2019 15:56

Updated but still crashed...
You have loads of error messages from your addons in your se.log.
Remove all addons and see what happens. (Move them to another folder.)
If SpaceEngine still crashes, post your se.log again.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

imbrock
Observer
Observer

08 Aug 2019 20:57

Fresh install after purchase. Steam VR version with htc Vive, windows 10 pro that is actively updating constantly (regardless of my wishes). I have attempted deleting save-user.cfg and main-user.cfg, as well as deleting the entire game file and redownloading it.

The game s
tarts up fine and I see the starting nebula but the menu is not visible through the headset. If I look on the pc mirror the menu is visible, and I can navigate into the game modes.

The red laser is visible the right laser is not.
I can also hear the menu when I move the controller around like I'm moving the selector over the options. Sometimes I can see the green laser from the right wand but usually its invisible. When it becomes visible it occludes sharply a foot or so from where it starts. The occlusion happens on a 45 degree angle from my starting axis. It is only visible in a few areas of the space and always seems to be turned invisible on angles.

When I enter into a game mode the game works relatively normally though I think there is supposed to be a hud of some sort which I cant see (fresh purchase no previous experience), and when I press the menu button everything is identical to what I've previously described from starting up.
I can fly around using the red laser and am able to select celestial objects with the right wands green laser. I am able to active lines and other rendered elements on top of sprites and game objects.

imbrock
Observer
Observer

09 Aug 2019 09:44

I uninstalled the steamvr beta I was on and it started working right

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

14 Aug 2019 07:52

Whenever I launch the game, the default fonts don't load. Every time I close the game and validate the files, Steam always says that '1 file is missing and will be reacquired'. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

Terran
Astronaut
Astronaut

17 Aug 2019 17:54

Rings have (floating point errors?) when pushed, example: J1407b
► Show Spoiler
While this is here: HR 8799 does not contain a debri disk, which it is known for along with the 4 planets (which it has). I don't know if this is just a catalog limitation for the time being.
To reality, through nothing, from un-everything.

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

20 Aug 2019 03:05

FISHEYE COMET TAILS DISPLAY PROBLEM
I would like to report a problem with the fisheye display of comet tails and streaks from ship engines. Image boundaries are visible on streaks and tails.
Attachments
SE_blad_klatki.jpg

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

21 Aug 2019 05:42

How do you place your 3d model on a planet so that it does not change its position relative to planet despite the passage of time? I want to get the same effect as for Apollo landers. Regardless of the time they are in the same place on the surface. Can anyone describe to me step by step how to do the same with my own 3d model?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

21 Aug 2019 09:25

kosmitek, in addition to textures/spacecraft and models/spacecraft, if you look at apollo landers as example, you need to add a corresponding catalog script in catalogs/planets, in case of apollo landers you may extract it from data\catalogs\Catalogs.pak\planets, the name is ApolloLandingSites.sc:
Spacecraft    "LM Eagle/Apollo 11 LM"
{
    Model          "spacecraft/real/ApolloEagle.sss"
    ParentBody     "Moon"
    TidalLocked     true    // up vector automatically derived from FixedPos coordinates
    Obliquity       -1.7    // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    EqAscendNode    1.18    // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    RotationOffset  190        // orientation azimuth   (degrees)
    FixedPosPolar  (23.47314 0.67416 1735.47409) // longitude, latitude and distance from the parent planet center
}

Spacecraft    "LM Intrepid/Apollo 12 LM"
{
    ParentBody     "Moon"
    TidalLocked     true    // up vector automatically derived from FixedPos coordinates
    Obliquity       0.2        // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    EqAscendNode    -0.3    // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    RotationOffset  180        // orientation azimuth   (degrees)
    FixedPosPolar  (-23.4219 -3.0128 1735.96628) // longitude, latitude and distance from the parent planet center
}

Spacecraft    "LM Antares/Apollo 14 LM"
{
    ParentBody     "Moon"
    Obliquity       0.4        // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    EqAscendNode    -0.45    // tilt angle adjustment (degrees)
    RotationOffset  180        // orientation azimuth   (degrees)
    FixedPosPolar  (-17.47194 -3.64589 1736.32848) // longitude, latitude and distance from the parent planet center
}
The key parameter to what you want to achieve is FixedPosPolar ().
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

22 Aug 2019 03:04

Thx a lot. This explains a lot, but. As a "ParentBody" I can write any object (name of object)? For example random planet? The long and lat I read from left top corner on screen there are data about planet and position of camera? Where I can find "distance from the parent planet center" to put my 3d model?

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

22 Aug 2019 03:50

One more thing Mosfet. When I create a .sc file for my model and enter a specific location, my model should always appear in that particular place, right? No matter where I am at the moment, when I press "create" the model will appear where I described it in the file?

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

22 Aug 2019 04:10

My .sc file for ma model looks that:
Spacecraft    "Stacja kosmiczna 1"
{
    Model          "addons/Spacecraft/models/spacecraft/stacja_test.sss"
    ParentBody     "10 Leonis Minoris 7"
    FixedPosPolar  (119.3385 -7.1039 4676.765) // longitude, latitude and distance from the parent planet center
}
So, my model "Stacja kosmiczna 1" should appear on planet "10 Leonis Minoris 7". It does't. Why? Sc file should be in same place as .sss file?

Walibi
Observer
Observer

22 Aug 2019 09:08

i just got space engine yesterday but i havent been able to play it as when i launch it i get the small space engine loading screen and then it just closes. it doesnt say that it crashed but it just closes ive tried to use space engine on 0.990 and 0.8 but nothing seems to work

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

22 Aug 2019 11:30

My .sc file for ma model looks that:
Spacecraft    "Stacja kosmiczna 1"
{
    Model          "addons/Spacecraft/models/spacecraft/stacja_test.sss"
    ParentBody     "10 Leonis Minoris 7"
    FixedPosPolar  (119.3385 -7.1039 4676.765) // longitude, latitude and distance from the parent planet center
}
So, my model "Stacja kosmiczna 1" should appear on planet "10 Leonis Minoris 7". It does't. Why? Sc file should be in same place as .sss file?
10 Leonis Minoris 7 is a procedural (random) planet, automatically generated by SpaceEngine. At the moment we can't use a procedural object as ParentBody (and technically the reference should use the abbreviated name for the constellation like in search window, "10 LMi 7"). So you could place your model on another existing catalog planet, or export 10 LMi 7 script and make it a catalog entry.
The long and lat I read from left top corner on screen there are data about planet and position of camera? Where I can find "distance from the parent planet center" to put my 3d model?
Yes, lon and lat are longitude and latitude of the location in the center of your camera view, the distance from the parent planet center is the planet radius plus the "distance" value of the camera or "Landscape height" if you want the object right on the surface. Manual adjustments may be necessary :).
When I create a .sc file for my model and enter a specific location, my model should always appear in that particular place, right? No matter where I am at the moment, when I press "create" the model will appear where I described it in the file?
When you make a .sc file for that specific location, your model will be automatically loaded once you start SpaceEngine, but it's a single static object and you can't interact with it (if it's a spaceship you can't pilot it). When you create another model from the spacecraft manager you'll have a copy, unrelated to that script file.
If you want multiple objects, you'll have to specify a location for each one of them in that script. For buildings, you'll have to place multiple objects with a different name like "Building01", "Building02" etc, just as in ApolloLandingSites.sc. This if you want to place them in locations far from each other. For small buildings nearby you can place multiple copies of those models in your .sss file and adjust their position with the in-game editor.

Edit:
Depending on how you organized your folders in addons, you could need to change the folder path of your model, SE could search in another place.
See if you find error warnings in your se.log or in the console ( ~ key).
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

22 Aug 2019 11:43

Walibi, please use https://pastebin.com/  to post your se.log file, which is located in your <SteamFolder>\steamapps\common\SpaceEngine\system folder, and give us here the address of the file.

Walibi
Observer
Observer

22 Aug 2019 12:19

i removed the steam one but can i try with the 0.8 version because its the same